Why People Make Minimum Wage

I have identified an equation which exposes the real agenda of raising the minimum wage:

Higher Minimum Wage + My-Ra = Another funding source to expand federal debt and spending

Who can open a myRA? The accounts are targeted at the millions of low- and middle-income Americans who don't have access to employer-sponsored retirement plans. That includes roughly half of all workers and 75% of part-time workers.

The White House says it will "aggressively" encourage employers to offer the program, noting that they won't have to administer or contribute to the accounts. myRAs will initially be offered through a pilot program to workers whose employers sign on by the end of the year.

Once the program reaches full implementation, anyone who has direct deposit for their paycheck will be eligible to sign up, Treasury said.

All workers may invest in the accounts, including those who would like to supplement an existing 401(k) plan, as long as their household income falls below $191,000 a year.

How will the account work? The account will function as a Roth IRA, which allows savers to invest after-tax dollars and withdraw the money in retirement tax-free.

But unlike traditional Roth IRAs, the accounts will solely invest in government savings bonds. They will also be backed by the U.S. government, meaning that savers can never lose their principal investment....

How Obama s myRA retirement accounts will work - Jan. 29 2014

Think about it. If the current minimum wage is $9, and the feds increase it to the oft cited $15 "liveable wage", by requiring mandatory My-RA contribution, these low wage serfs will be forced to buy government bonds at low interest rates. The pols and the banksters make big money while the serfs fake additional income just loses value due to inflation.

Hopenchange!

Sounds pretty conservative and capitalistic to me but you are guaranteed your initial investment at a worse case scenario?

never lose their principal investment....

The money gets invested in the economy.

It will also have the additional benefit of making lower income people start becoming more money conscious instead of living paycheck to paycheck.

Where does it say its mandatory?

The only thing that PO's me is that I cant qualify.

It's not Conservative and Capitalistic to force people to save their money in Government bonds, bub.

You can buy government bonds now, so knock yourself our.
Doesn't that increase the debt?

I have identified an equation which exposes the real agenda of raising the minimum wage:

Higher Minimum Wage + My-Ra = Another funding source to expand federal debt and spending

Who can open a myRA? The accounts are targeted at the millions of low- and middle-income Americans who don't have access to employer-sponsored retirement plans. That includes roughly half of all workers and 75% of part-time workers.

The White House says it will "aggressively" encourage employers to offer the program, noting that they won't have to administer or contribute to the accounts. myRAs will initially be offered through a pilot program to workers whose employers sign on by the end of the year.

Once the program reaches full implementation, anyone who has direct deposit for their paycheck will be eligible to sign up, Treasury said.

All workers may invest in the accounts, including those who would like to supplement an existing 401(k) plan, as long as their household income falls below $191,000 a year.

How will the account work? The account will function as a Roth IRA, which allows savers to invest after-tax dollars and withdraw the money in retirement tax-free.

But unlike traditional Roth IRAs, the accounts will solely invest in government savings bonds. They will also be backed by the U.S. government, meaning that savers can never lose their principal investment....

Think about it. If the current minimum wage is $9, and the feds increase it to the oft cited $15 "liveable wage", by requiring mandatory My-RA contribution, these low wage serfs will be forced to buy government bonds at low interest rates. The pols and the banksters make big money while the serfs fake additional income just loses value due to inflation.

Hopenchange!

Higher wages means more union dollars much of which ends up in the hands of Democrats.

Unions are very important to the Democratic party and the Democratic party is very important to unions.

Who lobbies for workers besides unions?

This is why the GOP wants to destroy unions. They will take down the Democrats if there are no more unions.

All this is Econ 202 and you clearly didn't take this class.

dear, can you provide even one example from which you drew that idiotic conclusion? See why we say slow?

Lets get back on topic. I'm ok with people making minimum wage as long as min wage is a livable wage. Companies that can't afford to pay it should go bust.
Minimum-wage should be an incentive to get a better job, not lock you into abject poverty.

Hopenchange!

Higher wages means more union dollars much of which ends up in the hands of Democrats.

Unions are very important to the Democratic party and the Democratic party is very important to unions.

This is why the GOP wants to destroy unions. They will take down the Democrats if there are no more unions.
We're just trying to stop them from destroying the economy, not destroy unions.

dear, can you provide even one example from which you drew that idiotic conclusion? See why we say slow?

Lets get back on topic. I'm ok with people making minimum wage as long as min wage is a livable wage. Companies that can't afford to pay it should go bust.

good so the workers get to starve to death because of pure liberal ignorance!

capitalism does of course that's why we are the richest country in human history. Capitalism forces corporations to provide the best jobs and products possible or go bankrupt! China just switched to capitalism from liberalism and now as many who slowly starved to death under are buying cars!!

A liberal lacks the IQ to understand capitalism and is not ashamed about it!!.

Minimum-wage should be an incentive to get a better job, not lock you into abject poverty.

Well if there were a million better jobs out there just waiting for that person to just get 6 months of work experience in so that they are "attractive" to those employers.

Listen, you guys are living in a fantasy world. Let me explain to you how and why.

30 years ago Johnny graduated from high school and he went to work at Ford and he started a family and retired after 30 years with $ in the bank, a paid off home and a pension plus healthcare.

These line workers didn't start at Ford and move on to better job, go to college or move up to be a white collar foreman. The vast majority stayed on the line and they got pay raises and profit sharing. Why? Because they belonged to a union.

So now lets look at today. Those Ford jobs are gone. Now all the high school graduates get a job at Walmart. Like the line workers, many of them are not going to go find a better job, not going to move up the ladder, not going to become management or go off and start their own company. This is the new normal.

So what should you pay the new masses? I say it is ok to start at minimum wage but if they are doing a good job you should give them pay raises. And in 10 years when they are making 2 times the minimum wage, you shouldn't run them out so you can hire a new high school graduate for half the $.

If those Walmart employees would unionize they'd get a share of the profit but they don't so it's their fault. When they are sick of it maybe the'll stand up like the auto workers did back in their day.

You guys have these right wing montras like "does someone owe me". Yes dick, someone does owe me. Corporations owe us a decent share of the profits. We work hard.

See in the past, they needed us just like we needed them. They don't think they need us anymore. They can have Mexico, China or India make it and they can sell their shit in Europe and the rest of the world. Sure we can buy their products too but gone are the days where corporations understand they need us too. The workers and the consumers.

For companies to do business in America, they have to not only serve themselves but they also have to be a benefit to our society. That means hire Americans, pay them a decent wage and pay your fucking fair share of taxes.

You sir are either a corporation or rich yourself, or you are a stupid ignorant bastard who's been brainwashed. I can't stand Americans like you. I don't even want to bother to get to know if you are greedy or dumb. I'll assume dumb. As a fucking bag of rocks.

P.S. If you believe what you said, then don't cry that Obama hasn't done enough for the economy. Corporations are doing fucking great and job creators are killing it. If you aren't happy with the economy go back to school or start a company. Isn't that the kind of advice you give out?

One quick question. If everyone in America except CEO's made $4 a day. If someone corporations could work it out so that happened, and I complained, would you say to me "Did some one tell you that other people owed you a living at the standard you decide?"

Because the answer is yes, someone did tell me that corporations by law have to pay a fair wage. Now there are two ways to go about getting a fair wage. Your government can pass laws. Unless you like it how China does it where they pay $3 a day. Do you like that? Because it seems like you would defend that. The second way is to organized and strike. Our country has a long history of unionizing. They come when needed and eventually die out but then they always seem to come back again. Just keep fucking with the American workers and soon they'll wake up and realize they're being fucked.

One good thing about globalization is it is helping workers in other nations. Wages are going up in other countries.

So while America is having the best recovery, middle class Americans don't know it because they aren't benefitting from it. Their companies are still paying them shit wages. Maybe they should unionize. Eventually they will.

Corporations don't owe you ANYTHING. NOTHING! You're only entitled to your "Fair share" if you own stock in the corporation.

Don't you get that?

Well they should. Let me give you an example of how they fuck the employees. They tell the salesperson he can have 15% of whatever sales he makes. Then the salesperson exceeds their expectations and they restructure the deal because then they say he's "making too much".

That wouldn't happen if he was in a union. But I do see it happen in every non union company I've ever worked for. Not fair. Guy lands a $10 million dollar deal and they renig on the 15%.

Sounds like you're either making shit up or taking an isolated example and extrapolating it to the Known Universe assuming EVERYONE acts like that, and that's not the case.

I was fortunate enough to work for someone who took the opposite approach; that if you were good, you'd get more responsibility because he knew that the better you did the better the organization did. The organization was tiny when I worked there and then grew into an absolute behemoth. The CEO stared the company with an initial $50K investment and he is now way up in Forbes 400 and proud of all the people he made rich along with him.

"Kill the Rich" is a bizarre, failed notion that leads only to misery and poverty.

No one wants to kill the rich.

Ok tough guy, what is this company that got him on Forbes? I want to look into that company and how they pay their employees. Since it's a big company you won't be giving away who you are. I worked for Thomson Reuters. They slowly but surely tweeked their pay structure and staff so that instead of 40 guys making $100K they hired 80 guys and paid them $50K.

Makes sense if you are an employer but not an employee.
Its hilarious to see people defending companies that wouldnt show up at their funeral. its all part of the settle for less than you are worth ideology. I'm telling you that working to make someone else wealthy is a losing proposition. Open a business. I dont care what it is and figure it out from there until you can wean yourself off the 9-5 gig.

I'm telling you, you have no idea what you're talking about

If those Walmart employees would unionize they'd get a share of the profit.

dear, they would get a share until business went to non-union companies. You lack the IQ to grasp simple concepts, and lack the emotional IQ to be ashamed of it.

capitalism does of course that's why we are the richest country in human history. Capitalism forces corporations to provide the best jobs and products possible or go bankrupt! China just switched to capitalism from liberalism and now as many who slowly starved to death under are buying cars!!

Capitalism is just another ism my friend. It too can be corrupted.

Not all capitalism are created equal. Need an example? The Libertarians want zero regulations or government interference. The GOP just want less regulations and the Democrats want regulations to protect the workers.

America was a capitalist country from 1950 to 2000, correct?

Capitalism didn't force companies to give sick days, vacation days, profit sharing, etc. And corporations didn't give those things out of the kindness of their hearts. Liberals, Progressives and Unions fought and got us those things.

And corporations didn't give those things out of the kindness of their hearts. Liberals, Progressives and Unions fought and got us those things.

too stupid as always and 100% liberal. Why do corporations constantly give us better and better products? They would not go to the expense of doing that or go to the expense of providing better jobs unless capitalism forced them to do it.

Notice how as a liberal you lack the IQ to address what I say and so try to change the subject.

Do you understand the differences between:

Libertarian Free Market Unregulated Ayn Rand Darwin style every man for himself capitalism &

Reagan style economics compared to lets say

Obama's style of economics where he would regulated more and not privatize as much?

You do realize the Libertards would privatize the Post office, get rid of public schools and sell our Federal Parks to the highest bidder, right?

Do YOU understand that Capitalism isn't a fixed concrete thing right? Not all capitalisms are created equal. Doesn't seem like you understand that based on your comments.

And corporations didn't give those things out of the kindness of their hearts. Liberals, Progressives and Unions fought and got us those things.

too stupid as always and 100% liberal. Why do corporations constantly give us better and better products? They would not go to the expense of doing that or go to the expense of providing better jobs unless capitalism forced them to do it.

Notice how as a liberal you lack the IQ to address what I say and so try to change the subject.

How do better products have anything to do with better jobs?

I'm not following you. Plus, didn't you guys say years ago our American cars suck and Toyota's rule?

Bad news Wages are down for pretty much everyone - The Washington Post

Flood the market with workers and it drives wages down. Only problem is then people can't afford to buy your products.

Even millionaires admit this is true. They admit that them having 90% of all the $ is not healthy or good for an economy. They just don't like any of our ideas on how to redistribute that wealth.

Capitalism has been corrupted. Right wing Americans think Capitalism can't be corrupted but that every other ism is evil. Brainwashed.

How do better products have anything to do with better jobs?

OMG!!! Liberal means stupid!! a capitalist corporations must improve its products, and jobs, for exactly the same reason or go bankrupt. Can't your mother explain it to you? Will you pay me for your kindergarten education.

Corporations don't owe you ANYTHING. NOTHING! You're only entitled to your "Fair share" if you own stock in the corporation.

Don't you get that?

Well they should. Let me give you an example of how they fuck the employees. They tell the salesperson he can have 15% of whatever sales he makes. Then the salesperson exceeds their expectations and they restructure the deal because then they say he's "making too much".

That wouldn't happen if he was in a union. But I do see it happen in every non union company I've ever worked for. Not fair. Guy lands a $10 million dollar deal and they renig on the 15%.

Sounds like you're either making shit up or taking an isolated example and extrapolating it to the Known Universe assuming EVERYONE acts like that, and that's not the case.

I was fortunate enough to work for someone who took the opposite approach; that if you were good, you'd get more responsibility because he knew that the better you did the better the organization did. The organization was tiny when I worked there and then grew into an absolute behemoth. The CEO stared the company with an initial $50K investment and he is now way up in Forbes 400 and proud of all the people he made rich along with him.

"Kill the Rich" is a bizarre, failed notion that leads only to misery and poverty.

No one wants to kill the rich.

Ok tough guy, what is this company that got him on Forbes? I want to look into that company and how they pay their employees. Since it's a big company you won't be giving away who you are. I worked for Thomson Reuters. They slowly but surely tweeked their pay structure and staff so that instead of 40 guys making $100K they hired 80 guys and paid them $50K.

Makes sense if you are an employer but not an employee.
Its hilarious to see people defending companies that wouldnt show up at their funeral. its all part of the settle for less than you are worth ideology. I'm telling you that working to make someone else wealthy is a losing proposition. Open a business. I dont care what it is and figure it out from there until you can wean yourself off the 9-5 gig.

I'm telling you, you have no idea what you're talking about

If you said it, then it must be true. :laugh:

Forum List

Back