Why progressive Taxation is a mere myth

Hah! If you missed it I cannot help you.
Your POINT is not clear.

Spell it out missy.
TL:DR

Tried to read, but it rambled.
So how about ..........

You should MAKE your POINT CLEAR. You Up to it?

Hah! If you missed it I cannot help you.

If you make a comment, and you cannot explain your comment at all, it's not our problem.

Seriously, it's not difficult to say what your argument is. If it is. Why are you on this forum?

Your POINT is not clear.

Spell it out missy.
TL:DR

Tried to read, but it rambled.
So how about ..........

You should MAKE your POINT CLEAR. You Up to it?
Honestly not worth the effort....the issue is well covered in the link. You know what the point is and choose to ignore it.

the issue is well covered in the link. You know what the point is and choose to ignore it.
This Tom, Dick and Harry episode you present is NOT reality.

Your point would be........what?

This Tom, Dick and Harry episode you present is NOT reality.

Your point would be........what?
Ahhhh .... An opening....of course it's reality. Did you expect a detailed financial history of 275 million wage earners? It should be obvious that the system rewards failure....which is why it ...,..um.... fails.

Grasshopper and the Ant parable

Nonsense
Timeless wisdom....life is a pragmatic thing despite all of our efforts to see it otherwise. There is no egalitarianism in the natural world ...only in the minds of foolish humans.

Timeless wisdom....life is a pragmatic thing despite all of our efforts to see it otherwise. There is no egalitarianism in the natural world ...only in the minds of foolish humans.

You can’t get blood from a stone
Those who gain more from society should contribute more

Those struggling to support a family should not

The extremely wealthy individuals in this country love the tax code. They pay so little in income tax.

The Secret IRS Files: Trove of Never-Before-Seen Records Reveal How the Wealthiest Avoid Income Tax

Remember the Pamama Papers scandal? Yeah…thought so. The extreme wealthy around the world hide they wealth from taxation. The funny thing they found is few Americans were listed since the US tax code allows them to pay so little in income tax, they don’t need to use tax shelters.
The Panama Papers: how the world’s rich and famous hide their money offshore

You can’t get blood from a stone
Those who gain more from society should contribute more

Those struggling to support a family should not
I don't disagree with you....I just don't think it's possible.

The extremely wealthy individuals in this country love the tax code. They pay so little in income tax.

The Secret IRS Files: Trove of Never-Before-Seen Records Reveal How the Wealthiest Avoid Income Tax

Remember the Pamama Papers scandal? Yeah…thought so. The extreme wealthy around the world hide they wealth from taxation. The funny thing they found is few Americans were listed since the US tax code allows them to pay so little in income tax, they don’t need to use tax shelters.
My point exactly. The system does not work. I believe you would get much more from the wealthy if you had a simple consumption based tax. They consume more by habit and opportunity. In fact I believe it's the only way you will ever get them to contribute proportionately.

My point exactly. The system does not work. I believe you would get much more from the wealthy if you had a simple consumption based tax. They consume more by habit and opportunity. In fact I believe it's the only way you will ever get them to contribute proportionately.
Agreed, but we both know this won’t happen. The extreme wealthy rule the world. It’s the nature of late stage capitalism. Money is power.

Agreed, but we both know this won’t happen. The extreme wealthy rule the world. It’s the nature of late stage capitalism. Money is power.

The Golden Rule

He who has the Gold makes the rules

I realize that posting rules require personal input....but in deference to the link I don't want to ' get in the way" so to speak. This article pretty much demonstrates the folly of the concept.

In the example used, in real life Harry would have told Tom and Dick to screw off with their proposals and put up a fence/security system around his own house.

Propublica? The rich avoid paying income tax on unrealized capital gains which aren't income.

OMG!

Forum List

Back