🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why some Muslims can't say Yes or No

This isn't just a Muslim issue, but happens with politics in general, and is especially noticeable when issues of personal and political beliefs get mixed together.

A lot of politicians can't answer questions with a simple yes or no if they are loaded and need to be clarified. That's what goes wrong with loaded bills in Congress that can't be passed with a simple yay or nay because of garbage added to them.

More reason to keep personal and political beliefs OUT of public policy if we want things to be nice and neat where they can be voted on with a yes or no.

That means NO social legislation, no marriage or abortion debates, no area that requires more explanation than just a yes or no. Get govt out of all that, and just keep personal issues for people and states to discuss and decide on a local level where people and groups can answer for themselves.

Then you won't see this problem so much of putting people on the spot in public, holding them to yes or no, when the problem or policy at hand has much deeper complex implications than that.

Thanks Emily. Apparently the OP scoured the earth to find the one guy who gives evasive answers. Who knew.

I had no idea what he was talking about but certainly wasn't going to go do his work for him after he couldn't be bothered to either link or explain wtf he was talking about.

STILL not getting what evasive answering -- assuming that's what this is --- has to do with religion. And I suspect, neither does the OP.

Please TYPE IN........emma alberici interview with wassim doureihi on youtube

Sorry but I have no LINK.....very interesting interview....steve,
Illiterate buffoon still hasn't figured out how to post links on this board. :lmao:

This isn't just a Muslim issue, but happens with politics in general, and is especially noticeable when issues of personal and political beliefs get mixed together.

A lot of politicians can't answer questions with a simple yes or no

He's a Moslem first and foremost and yes it is certainly a Moslems thing. Moslems intentionally hide the true purpose of fighting in the Cause of Allah. That is their mandate from their prophet Muhammad.

Thanks Emily. Apparently the OP scoured the earth to find the one guy who gives evasive answers. Who knew.

Put a sock in it, moron. I have seen many many such interviews of these stinking muzzie scumbags. I have spoken to over 100 of them personally. You have no idea what you're talking about.

The truly faithful Muslims embrace and respect all laws and all people under these laws..

No they don't. Man made laws are held in contempt by "truly faithful Muslims". Do some study before you post such utter BS.

Liberals are mind-numbingly ignorant about the so called 'religion' of Islam.

Put a sock in it, moron. I have seen many many such interviews of these stinking muzzie scumbags. I have spoken to over 100 of them personally. You have no idea what you're talking about.

That was sarcasm, Dimbulb.

HI Brynmr To be fair, I find more people on both left and right "ignorant" about it.
And after speaking with Mustafaa Carroll of CAIR, he says a lot of Muslims themselves are in need of education and reform.

This is true of Buddhism and Christianity as well.
My mother who is traditional Vietnamese Buddhist has constantly harped on me
about so much misinformation and misperception of Buddhism "as a religion" which is defining it from OUTSIDE.
Anyone INSIDE Buddhism (and same with Christianity) will say it's not a religion, but a way of teaching
and following truth and wisdom in life that naturally exists! (the language is what makes these "religions"
but both argue the CONTENT is based on "naturally existing truth and how life/the world works")
She also complains too many self-proclaimed Buddhists don't know what true Buddhism really entails (and how many people have complained about Christians not following or teaching Christianity consistently).

With ISLAM, there is even a greater problem with the POLITICIZED dogma and regimes where this becomes a POLITICAL religion.

The nonpolitical practice of Islam is the one that is peaceful.

So there is too much confusion over Islam because of the rifts between the
POLITICAL factions going to war, with themselves and others both inside and outside their realm.

Previously, I suggested to SPECIFIC difference between
* Muslim beliefs that are within free exercise of religion, outside govt and politics,
and which respect civil authority and law, similar to how Buddhists and Hindus practice
privately and don't get their beliefs entangled in politics or public policy
* ISLAMIC beliefs and practice that get POLITICAL and embedded into govt and law
* JIHADIST cult and terrorist beliefs and practice that not only get political but
into terrorist wars and other militant use of force and violence to oppress and attack
AGAINST both civil laws, and military rules of engagement (unlike the Islamist which
can go either way, either staying within civil rules and procedures, or GOING BEYOND and becoming oppressive tyrannical regimes that take over govt and start carrying out laws as judge, jury and executioner without checks and balances on democratic and due process of laws.)

Recently, I heard a substitute host sitting in for another radio show
talk about these SAME THREE DISTINCTIONS.

So I think distinguishing these three, where we SEPARATE
the POLITICAL RELIGION from the civil and peaceful Muslim practice
will at least reduce a lot of the confusion going on.

All three levels of religious practice are going on in the world.
We just have to agree WHICH ONES we are talking about,
WHICH contexts and WHICH people, instead of running them all together
and calling it Islam and then blaming Islam for the problems of ISLAMISTS and JIHADISTS
that are not the same type of practice or belief as the Muslims who obey civil law and authority
and who don't mix their faith and religion with govt or politics.

Please TYPE IN........emma alberici interview with wassim doureihi on youtube

Sorry but I have no LINK.....very interesting interview....steve,
So who is this goat fokking camel jockey and why give a ratz azz what he/she/it stands for ??

HI Brynmr To be fair, I find more people on both left and right "ignorant" about it.
And after speaking with Mustafaa Carroll of CAIR, he says a lot of Muslims themselves are in need of education and reform.

about so much misinformation and misperception of Buddhism "as a religion" which is defining it from OUTSIDE.
Anyone INSIDE Buddhism (and same with Christianity) will say it's not a religion, but a way of teaching
and following truth and wisdom in life that naturally exists! (the language is what makes these "religions"
but both argue the CONTENT is based on "naturally existing truth and how life/the world works")
She also complains too many self-proclaimed Buddhists don't know what true Buddhism really entails (and how many people have complained about Christians not following or teaching Christianity consistently).

With ISLAM, there is even a greater problem with the POLITICIZED dogma and regimes where this becomes a POLITICAL religion.

POLITICAL factions going to war, with themselves and others both inside and outside their realm.

* Muslim beliefs that are within free exercise of religion, outside govt and politics,
and which respect civil authority and law, similar to how Buddhists and Hindus practice
* ISLAMIC beliefs and practice that get POLITICAL and embedded into govt and law
* JIHADIST cult and terrorist beliefs and practice that not only get political but
into terrorist wars and other militant use of force and violence to oppress and attack
AGAINST both civil laws, and military rules of engagement (unlike the Islamist which
can go either way, either staying within civil rules and procedures, or GOING BEYOND and becoming oppressive tyrannical regimes that take over govt and start carrying out laws as judge, jury and executioner without checks and balances on democratic and due process of laws.)

and calling it Islam and then blaming Islam for the problems of ISLAMISTS and JIHADISTS
that are not the same type of practice or belief as the Muslims who obey civil law and authority
Moosleems have been brainwashed -- plain and simple.

They have no common sense.

And Philosophy is not one of their forte's so they will never figure it out on their own.

And Philosophy is not one of their forte's so they will never figure it out on their own.
Dear yiostheoy I personally know a number of Muslims I've had many years of experience working with: coworkers and a manager at my night job where I find these men to be wiser more ethical and more respectful than I am; and some very impressive dedicated leaders in the peace and justice community.

I'm sorry if you don't have the same experience and respect from knowing such people personally.

If you did, you could easily distinguish between people who are brainwashed and those who work hard like you and me to do the right thing and treat others with the same respect we want.

I wish you knew my friends and you'd see that being Muslim has nothing to do with being brainwashed. Not all Muslims are part of the oppressive political cults and regimes. My coworker who became a manager has family back in Nigeria who came from a royal bloodline; he is WELL aware of the cults that take over and declare "Shariah Law" and abuse power through militant run govt, and he is on the side of Democracy that fights against the takeover by military regimes like boko haram. So the citizens who are Muslim are equally against these violent regimes, and there is no reason to confuse them together as if Muslims support that.
No they dont. None of my Muslim friends support the jihadist terrorist or other militant regimes .

These have nothing to do with each other . night and day.

Dear yiostheoy I personally know a number of Muslims I've had many years of experience working with: coworkers and a manager at my night job where I find these men to be wiser more ethical and more respectful than I am; and some very impressive dedicated leaders in the peace and justice community.

I'm sorry if you don't have the same experience and respect from knowing such people personally.

If you did, you could easily distinguish between people who are brainwashed and those who work hard like you and me to do the right thing and treat others with the same respect we want.

I wish you knew my friends and you'd see that being Muslim has nothing to do with being brainwashed. Not all Muslims are part of the oppressive political cults and regimes. My coworker who became a manager has family back in Nigeria who came from a royal bloodline; he is WELL aware of the cults that take over and declare "Shariah Law" and abuse power through militant run govt, and he is on the side of Democracy that fights against the takeover by military regimes like boko haram. So the citizens who are Muslim are equally against these violent regimes, and there is no reason to confuse them together as if Muslims support that.
No they dont. None of my Muslim friends support the jihadist terrorist or other militant regimes .

These have nothing to do with each other . night and day.

Beautifully said Emily.

I too have worked with/hung out with many Muslims ----- at least I assume that people from North Africa and the Middle East whose first language is Arabic were at least mostly Muslim, though none of us ever discussed religion ---- and none of them were "brainwashed" either.

Actually I do remember one (1) guy who was brainwashed with the political rhetoric of Ayatollah Khomeni (this was in the 1970s and he was an Iranian) who was somewhat piously rambling on about what a great guy AK was. Not at all unlike we'd see from the Rumpbots or any other pied piper here. His fellow Muslims -- there were many people from many countries there --- gathered around him to explain to him, patiently and rationally, why he was full of shit to be taken in by that.

And I can only assume his religion too. He didn't bring it up; all he talked about was politics. Much like posters here talk about politics without self-identifying as "a Methodist" or "a Jew" or "a Taoist". Because why would they need to.

Methinks one of the poster's "forte's" [sic] is wild blanket generalization fallacies. Me also thinks he's never even seen a Muslim.

CAIR is a terrorist supporting organization so anything they say should be readily dismissed as propaganda.

As to Islam, one only need READ the Koran and the Sahih Bukhara to understand what that hateful ideology is all about.

Unlike Christianity, there is no separation between mosque and state and it is haram for Moslems to pick and choose which teachings to accept and which to ignore.

Forum List

Back