🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why the actual truth of any candidate's personal narrative myths don't really matter

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Is Ben Carson an impostor?

The myths actually tell us more about them than does the reality.

Slick, the simply hick from Hope. We knew Slick was Slick in 1992. W, making money knocking around the oil patch and drinking, until he saw the light and became a serious person. In 1998, We knew W was essentially an over inflated frat boy who became a relatively harmless bully riding on his daddy's Texas coattails.

So, Carson's fanciful beliefs on things like Pyramids, abortion, and evolution could make one come to think he's focking nuts, and anyone would be equally nuts to want him anywhere near deciding the fate of mankind. But, the questions about his youth and personal story are really only relevant if you take them at face value, and "judge" the making of a man. And I think different people would have different takes on that.

Basically agreed.

TV-oriented modern media will always pull toward the meaningless emotional and superficial crap, because they can sell it better than they can sell issues. It says more about the striking paucity of good media than about any dearth of good candidates.

Carson's beliefs go to his ability to think critically and his judgement, and on those counts he fails miserably.

It matters. It matters a great deal.

You don't want a President who is that gullible and is so thin-skinned he can't take political heat for more than two days.

"I'm the most persecuted man on Earth since Jesus!"

Last edited:
Carson's past should only be talked about as much as is Hillary Clinton's past. No more, no less.

ya, I know what ya mean. We had this one prez who water skied behind a pt boat and the war dept gave him a medal; and he went onto become prez.
Porked Marilyn Monroe and a dozen other bimbos, and got himself shot by some left wing kook
Then his successor, a president of the United States would call black people N's; and walk around in his underware
And yet we elect this trash year after year.

Carson's beliefs go to his ability to think critically and his judgement, and on those counts he fails miserably.

It matters. It matters a great deal.

You don't want a President who is that gullible and is so thin-skinned he can't take political heat for more than two days.

"I'm the most persecuted man on Earth since Jesus!"
That's essentially what I was trying to say. What's important is how he reacts today. Whether W really did all his guard duty or whether Slick inhaled were things most Americans (OK W didn't win the most votes) cared about. What was important was whether the demeanor of a candidate makes you thing they're the best .. or even the least worse.

To ME, Carson's narrative of somehow being a bad black man who became someone even Westmoreland could love is obvious bs. But for someone else, maybe they buy it as somehow plausible, but who cares. Now his looney toons views on things like pyramids are illustrative. And when people see he is totally unable to explain any policy on the Mideast, or how his 10% tax would be fiscally or politically possible ....

Trump's a little different, and more a demigod, but that has nothing to do with his personal myth of making a fortune.

Good. Read it again holding your breath. Wait, that'd mean doing two things at the same time. Nevermind.

Forum List

Back