Why the cop shot the kid with the fake gun

Not only shouldn't you carry it in public (you are asking for someone to call the cops)
But if a cop is anywhere near you....throw the damn thing down

It is a tragedy that didn't have to happen

yep.....
Fully agree. Unfortunately times have changed and we need to adapt. As a kid I used to play cops and robbers with my buddies, and back then the toy guns did not come equipped with red caps. Long live the good old days!

the article never said he was shot simply because the gun looked real

next

He was shot because the gun didn't look real?

have you actually read anything about this? he was shot because when he turned around the cop thought he was raising his weapon and was going to fire on them. NOT simply because he had a gun that looked real. if that was the case, they would have opened fire immediately and not gave two warnings to drop the gun.

you're usually smarter than this, what's up?

RW,
If you ever figure out exactly what point Yurt is trying to make, please let me know....:confused:

do you know how to read?

what is lame luddly? if he was shot simply because the gun looked real, why didn't they immediately open fire? he was shot because he appeared to be aiming the weapon AND the gun looked real. that is not in dispute. your thread is lame and states facts already in evidence.

it has already been stated the orange tip was removed. the purpose of your thread is what exactly?

Not only shouldn't you carry it in public (you are asking for someone to call the cops)
But if a cop is anywhere near you....throw the damn thing down

It is a tragedy that didn't have to happen

yep.....
Fully agree. Unfortunately times have changed and we need to adapt. As a kid I used to play cops and robbers with my buddies, and back then the toy guns did not come equipped with red caps. Long live the good old days!

Changed? More like people are fucking stupid, paranoid, lock themselves in their houses watching TV, glued to their cellphones. Anyway.

'Airsoft' guns can blur line between weapon, toy | The Press Democrat

story.jpg

“It really is a toy gun,” said Ryan Podesta, owner of Thirty First Outfitters in Cotati, which sells airsoft and paintball guns and gear. “It just looks real.”

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Not long ago, there was a guy shot by cops. The story was posted here. He had a toy gun and had gone to his wife's/girlfriend's work to "talk". The co-workers apparently thought he planned to gun them down because the called the cops who ended up shooting him.

and the kid was old enough to know better.....

The LEOs involved were old enough to "know better" also. What law was being broken here? How was anyone being endangered by the kids actions? It is a LEOs responsibility to KNOW-not imagine-before taking lethal action. Manslaughter charges should be brought.

Back in the "good old days", cops weren't being shot at by young kids.

I have never said there is only one reason why the kid got shot but, the fact that the gun looks like the real thing is way up there. If he had turned around and the cop saw a brightly colored squirt gun, he probably would not have fired.

Many of you nutters have blustered and bragged about how you blow away anyone who threatened you or your television set. Which image would make you duck or fire?

water-gun-wars-3.jpg

0511pgun-a.jpg

(This kid was sent home from school for this squirt gun)
06.jpg

story.jpg

'Airsoft' guns can blur line between weapon, toy | The Press Democrat

story.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Not long ago, there was a guy shot by cops. The story was posted here. He had a toy gun and had gone to his wife's/girlfriend's work to "talk". The co-workers apparently thought he planned to gun them down because the called the cops who ended up shooting him.

and the kid was old enough to know better.....

The LEOs involved were old enough to "know better" also. What law was being broken here? How was anyone being endangered by the kids actions? It is a LEOs responsibility to KNOW-not imagine-before taking lethal action. Manslaughter charges should be brought.

I agree. Look at the pic. There are clear differences in those guns. LEOs should be trained on those differences.

right luddley...you never only one reason, yet your thread is WHY the kid got shot, then you only post a link about how real the gun looks.

nice back peddle. i win again.

btw...contrary to luddley assertion that water guns look like toys, back in the mid eighties they came out with battery operated water gun rifles that looked like the real thing. there were rilfes, uzi like machine guns. toy guns also looked very real back then. i scared the crap of a college kid when i was in junior high after he bullied and hit me, him running was the funniest shit ever, even his friends were laughing because as soon as he ran they realized it wasn't real.

"Back in the "good old days", cops weren't being shot at by young kids."

And also back in the "good old days" people understood that shooting people down-especially kids-without good cause is a crime.

And also back in the "good old days" people understood that shooting people down-especially kids-without good cause is a crime.

I lived across the street from a cop who when confronted with an angry husband involved in a domestic dispute with his wife, hesitated, when that husband turned toward the cop with a gun in his hand. Apparently, he thought that he could reason with the husband. Instead, the husband shot the cop dead. He left a wife and three kids.

When you grow the balls necessary to train to be an officer of the law, instead of just an internet vigilante, feel free to put on a badge and a uniform and walk around knowing that the world is full of bad guys who would like nothing better than to see you dead. Then, reflect.

I lived across the street from a cop who when confronted with an angry husband involved in a domestic dispute with his wife, hesitated, when that husband turned toward the cop with a gun in his hand. Apparently, he thought that he could reason with the husband. Instead, the husband shot the cop dead. He left a wife and three kids.

When you grow the balls necessary to train to be an officer of the law, instead of just an internet vigilante, feel free to put on a badge and a uniform and walk around knowing that the world is full of bad guys who would like nothing better than to see you dead. Then, reflect.
I really hope they convicted the "husband" of capital murder. Anything less, is equivalent to no justice for the slain officer's family.

Been there done that. Someone who isn't prepared to obey the law has no business trying to enforce it. This may be an understandable mistake but that doesn't make it any less a mistake that cost a kid his life for no good reason.

Forum List

Back