Why the Political Establishment FEARS Ted Cruz

Cruz is a likable guy who can't go the distance on the national stage.

He shares that with Rick Perry.

When Sarah P is more of a finisher than these guys, the party is in great trouble.

Ted Cruz like most politicians SUCK on Foreign Policy.

Cruz sucks at being a human being.

He's also completely ignorant of the Constitution. That's why he's yammering about "repeal and/or defund". He did finally admit that neither is possible but that's really all he's got going for him.

Hopefully, like West and Walsh, the voters will see through his act and he'll be out with the next election.

OTOH, as someone pointed out, he's in Texasss and they'll vote for damn near any loon who comes along.

Whatever, he's what my old man used to refer to as "tits on a pup". Utterly useless.

Cruz is a likable guy who can't go the distance on the national stage.

He shares that with Rick Perry.

When Sarah P is more of a finisher than these guys, the party is in great trouble.

Well, he's certainly stupid enough.

Any time I start thinking rw voters are smart enough to vote in their own best interests, I think of Michelle Bachmann.

The political establishment that fears Ted Cruz is the GOP political establishment. shutting down the government punishes all Republicans. So does Teds "No compromise" style

Mainstream America looks at Ted and says.......conservatives are crazy
Republicans pay the price

Ted Cruz is an attorney specializing in Constitutional matters and has successfully brought those cases before the SCOTUS?

He is very popular. A fact that democrats never tire of lying about.

The political establishment that fears Ted Cruz is the GOP political establishment. shutting down the government punishes all Republicans. So does Teds "No compromise" style

As always, I try to remember that this board is heavy on the rw nutters. Most R voters are not as crazy as what we read here.

But, we need to be aware that there are still people who would actually vote for Cruz. They seem to like the whole governing by temper tantrum and blackmail that Cruz does.

That's just stunning to me.

Ted Cruz is an attorney specializing in Constitutional matters and has successfully brought those cases before the SCOTUS?

He is very popular. A fact that democrats never tire of lying about.

LOL

WTF is a Constitutional "matter"???

That's why he doesn't know that he cannot Constitutionally "defund" ObamaCare.

But, yes, you're right that there are plenty of really stupid voters who probably UH-dore him. Just like Secty Kerry said ...

I hope he becomes President.

Your photo said it all - Canada doesn't want him and they're too smart to put up with that much criminal stupidity all crammed into one suit.

The US, otoh ............... rw's here will vote for any idiot.

As always, I try to remember that this board is heavy on the rw nutters. Most R voters are not as crazy as what we read here.

But, we need to be aware that there are still people who would actually vote for Cruz. They seem to like the whole governing by temper tantrum and blackmail that Cruz does.

That's just stunning to me.
The problem with Cruz is that he is not a very like able person. He does not play well with others. He is obnoxious and condescending. Now, those qualities sit well with conservative voters but they turn off the moderates and independents who actually elect presidents

Ted will have his moment in the sun and then quickly burn out

I will concede you are correct in that you can never overestimate the stupidity of the Texas voter. After all, they did elect Rick Perry Governor three times.
However, I have seen politicians like Ted Cruz my whole life. They exist solely to grab the microphone and appear on camera. They do not last long in the limelight

Yes and Texas is doing better than all the other states. We've produced more jobs than all the other states COMBINED!!!

According to U.S. Department of Commerce estimates, Texas’s GDP (gross domestic product) was $1.14 trillion. And that ranks Texas as the world’s 14th largest economy in 2009

Texas Is America's Top State for Business 2012

Texas dominates economic recovery rankings

Houston Is Unstoppable: Why Texas' Juggernaut Is America's #1 Job Creator
Texas is killing it. It dominated the recession, crushed the recovery, and in a new analysis of jobs recovered since the downturn, its largest city stands apart as the most powerful job engine in the country -- by far.
Tuesday, May 07, 2013

CEOs Name Texas Best State for Business for 9th Year in a Row
More than 700 top CEOs around the nation are ranking Texas as the best state to do business for the ninth year in a row in Chief Executive magazine's annual Best and Worst States survey. CEO opinions were gauged on a variety of metrics, including regulations, tax policies, workforce quality, educational resources, quality of living and infrastructure.
Monday, May 06, 2013

Texas Tops Site Selection’s Most Competitive States of 2012
Texas has taken the top spot in another of Site Selection Magazine's annual rankings - this time in the magazine's ranking of the most competitive states in 2012. Earlier this year, Texas was awarded Site Selection's 2012 Governor's Cup for the most new and expanded corporate facilities announced over the year.
Tuesday, April 02, 2013

In Case You Missed It: Texas Leads Nation in Job Creation According to Brookings Institution
A report released this week by the Brookings Institution is the latest to highlight the Lone Star State's strong jobs climate, finding that Texas leads the nation in job creation with Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Dallas and McAllen creating more jobs now than before the recession. According to the report, Austin saw the highest percentage increase in jobs of any city in the nation.
Thursday, March 28, 2013

In Case You Missed It: New Study Highlights Texas as Leader in Clinical Trials
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) has released a report highlighting Texas as a leader in clinical trials conducted by biopharmaceutical companies in collaboration with the state's clinical research centers, university medical schools and hospitals over the last 13 years. This study comes the same week as the announcement of a major partnership between the Texas A&M University system and GlaxoSmithKline to create a state-of-the-art influenza vaccine manufacturing facility at the Texas A&M Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing.
Monday, March 04, 2013

Texas Wins Site Selection Magazine’s 2012 Governor’s Cup for Most New, Expanded Corporate Facilities
Texas has won Site Selection Magazine's Governor's Cup for 2012, which is awarded annually to the state with the most new and expanded corporate facilities announced over the year. Texas easily took the top spot with 761 projects in 2012, up substantially from 464 in 2011, and 270 projects more than the second best state.
Friday, February 08, 2013

Texas Ranked Top Exporting State for 11th Consecutive Year
Texas is ranked as the number one exporting state for the 11th year in a row, according to 2012 annual trade data released today by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Texas Is Business Facilities’ 2012 State Of The Year
Business Facilities magazine has again named Texas its State of the Year, citing the aggressive economic development strategies that have helped attract jobs and investment to the Lone Star State.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013
America's Fastest Growing Cities
Texas dominates Forbes’ “America’s Fastest Growing Cities” list. Austin topped the list for the third year in a row, followed by Houston (#2), Dallas (#3), and San Antonio (#9). Robust labor markets, unemployment rates under 6% (well below the national average), no state income tax, a business-friendly regulatory environment, and strong population inflows all contributed to Texas towns’ high rankings.
Saturday, January 19, 2013

Best Cities for Job Seekers
Texas tops NerdWallet.com’s list of “Top Ten Cities for Job Seekers”. Austin topped the list, which was based on population growth, median income, unemployment rate, and cost of living index, followed by Houston (#5), Fort Worth (#6), Dallas (#7), and San Antonio (#9).
Saturday, January 12, 2013

Allied Van Lines Announces 45th Annual Magnet States Report
Texas tops the list in U.S. for 8th straight year. More individuals and families chose to settle deep in the heart of Texas than anywhere in the United States in 2009, according to Allied Van Lines' 42nd Annual Magnet States Report released today.
Monday, December 17, 2012

Texas Electricity Market Design Most Successful in North America
The residential and commercial/industrial electric markets in Texas top the 2012 list of competitive electric markets in the Annual Baseline Assessment of Choice in Canada and the United States (ABACCUS) that was released today. Texas has now earned the top spot for six consecutive years while achieving the 2012 top rating of “Excellent” for its implementation of customer choice.
Thursday, October 18, 2012

Texas Ranked Top State to Do Business by Area Development Magazine
Texas' pro-business approach continues to receive national recognition, and Area Development Magazine is the latest organization to take notice by naming Texas the top state to do business in their third annual "Top States for Doing Business Survey." The award is given to the state that most exemplifies industrial competitiveness related to its business environment, labor climate, infrastructure and global access and economy.
Friday, September 21, 2012

Texas has Largest Increase in Employment of All States Last Month
According to data released today by the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS), Texas saw the largest increase in employment of any state over the last month, with 38,000 jobs added in the Lone Star State. From August 2011 to August 2012, Texas added 259,500 jobs.
Monday, August 20, 2012

Gov. Perry Wins fDi Magazine’s 2012 Governor’s Award
Texas' pro-business approach continues to receive national accolades, and fDi Magazine is the latest organization to take notice by awarding Gov. Rick Perry with its inaugural Governor's Award 2012. The award is given to the governor most successful in attracting new investments to their state.

Source

Texas is kicking ass and taking names.... not bad for stupid people huh?

You forgot the part about being ranked the worst in healthcare in the nation.

Depends on how you measure 'best'. There are some highly regarded medical establishments in Texas, but if you are looking at only dollars spent the much lower cost of living in Texas is always going to be a handicap, pushing total amounts down by comparison to most other states.

Ted Cruz like most politicians SUCK on Foreign Policy.

Cruz sucks at being a human being.

He's also completely ignorant of the Constitution. That's why he's yammering about "repeal and/or defund". He did finally admit that neither is possible but that's really all he's got going for him.

Hopefully, like West and Walsh, the voters will see through his act and he'll be out with the next election.

OTOH, as someone pointed out, he's in Texasss and they'll vote for damn near any loon who comes along.

Whatever, he's what my old man used to refer to as "tits on a pup". Utterly useless.

Anyone that a libtard like you calls a loon is probably a freaking genius.

What you gave Cruz in your post amounts to an endorsement, bitch.

Interview with Sen. Ted Cruz: Republican defeatism surprises me | Rare

When the campaign started in January 2011, I was at 2% in the polls… and the margin of error was 3%. Nobody gave us a prayer. But, over the next year, thousands upon thousands of men and women across Texas came together and worked tirelessly, knocking on doors, making phone calls, sending e-mails, speaking out on Facebook and Twitter. And, thanks to their incredible hard work, thanks to their passion for change, we went from 2% in the polls to not just winning, but winning the primary by 14 points and winning the general by 16 points. It was an incredible testament to the grassroots, and to what Texans can do working together.

Texans got engaged in the Senate race, I believe, because they understood that the country is at a crossroads. That we cannot keep going down the road we are going, [with] of out-of-control spending, debt, taxes, and regulation. That we can’t keep bankrupting the next generations. And that it has been career politicians in both parties who got us in this mess.

It is a remarkable privilege to serve at a time such as this, at time when the stakes are so high. I’m honored to work for 26 million Texans, and every day I try to do my very best to fight for them, to defend free-market principles and champion our constitutional liberties, so that we can pull our country back from the brink. And I’m deeply optimistic that, together, we can prevail – we can return to our founding principles that have made America the freest and most prosperous nation in the world.

Cruz not only sees the problems clearly, but he has enough faith in the moral right to pursue his reform agenda not matter that the experts say he cant get it done.

This country needs men like him and Senator Paul to restore it to its former glory and prosperity.

Nonsense.

Cruz is a demagogue, and as already correctly noted, completely ignorant of the Constitution and its case law, his use of meaningless phrases such as ‘returning to our founding principles’ is proof of that.

America is currently functioning in accordance with its founding principles, as originally intended by the Framers – the notion of ‘returning’ to anything is partisan idiocy.

The last thing this country needs is the likes of Cruz or Paul, they represent everything wrong with the GOP: the ignorance and hate exhibited by many on the right.

Depends on how you measure 'best'. There are some highly regarded medical establishments in Texas, but if you are looking at only dollars spent the much lower cost of living in Texas is always going to be a handicap, pushing total amounts down by comparison to most other states.

Worst based on access, affordability, and quality of care offered to all Texans.

Having said the above, if you have access and can afford it, the quality of care can be amazing.

ETMC and TMF in Tyler, Texas may be the best systems in Texas outside of Dallas, Austin, and Houston.

Rafael is currently not too popular with his fellow Republicans as he throws them under the bus so that he can get another Fox interview

He does not play well with others

Interview with Sen. Ted Cruz: Republican defeatism surprises me | Rare

When the campaign started in January 2011, I was at 2% in the polls… and the margin of error was 3%. Nobody gave us a prayer. But, over the next year, thousands upon thousands of men and women across Texas came together and worked tirelessly, knocking on doors, making phone calls, sending e-mails, speaking out on Facebook and Twitter. And, thanks to their incredible hard work, thanks to their passion for change, we went from 2% in the polls to not just winning, but winning the primary by 14 points and winning the general by 16 points. It was an incredible testament to the grassroots, and to what Texans can do working together.

Texans got engaged in the Senate race, I believe, because they understood that the country is at a crossroads. That we cannot keep going down the road we are going, [with] of out-of-control spending, debt, taxes, and regulation. That we can’t keep bankrupting the next generations. And that it has been career politicians in both parties who got us in this mess.

It is a remarkable privilege to serve at a time such as this, at time when the stakes are so high. I’m honored to work for 26 million Texans, and every day I try to do my very best to fight for them, to defend free-market principles and champion our constitutional liberties, so that we can pull our country back from the brink. And I’m deeply optimistic that, together, we can prevail – we can return to our founding principles that have made America the freest and most prosperous nation in the world.

Cruz not only sees the problems clearly, but he has enough faith in the moral right to pursue his reform agenda not matter that the experts say he cant get it done.

This country needs men like him and Senator Paul to restore it to its former glory and prosperity.

Nonsense.

Cruz is a demagogue, and as already correctly noted, completely ignorant of the Constitution and its case law, his use of meaningless phrases such as ‘returning to our founding principles’ is proof of that.

America is currently functioning in accordance with its founding principles, as originally intended by the Framers – the notion of ‘returning’ to anything is partisan idiocy.

The last thing this country needs is the likes of Cruz or Paul, they represent everything wrong with the GOP: the ignorance and hate exhibited by many on the right.

You are truly deluded if you think that we have any of the enumerated rights listed in the Constitution still intact.

Freedom of speech is horribly compromised by corporate ownership of all the major media and the current government monitoring of all other communication. Soon only journalists of corporate owned media will be considered real journalists and freedom of speech will be further restricted to them alone and bloggers, websites, etc will be under the heel of the state.

Freedom of religion is evaporating under the intense scrutiny of a state increasingly controlled by people hostile to religion that is contrary to the dominant set of values led by the Anglican Church. Pastors are silenced by threat of losing their tax exempt status and loss of federal funding for their welfare assistance.

The Second Amendment is under fire, obvious to anyone actually watching the news.

Our due process rights are compromised by the Patriot Act and gets worse each time they renew it or reform it.

Our protection from the use of Eminent Domain to sell or give land to private developers is gone, though some states have passed toothless laws to appear to protect the public.

The 10th Amendment was dead long ago.

I could go on but I am wasting my time replying to an ideological fool like you.

Worst based on access, affordability, and quality of care offered to all Texans.

Bullshit.

Feds rank Texas worst healthcare provider - Houston Chronicle

Moy acknowledged Texas' poor showing was partly the result of its heavily uninsured population - the nation's highest, at more than 25 percent - but said it was also due to the weak delivery of care in different settings and clinical areas.

Texas' worst mark came in the home health care setting, where it was rated very weak for care provided to elderly and disabled who live at home. Among clinical areas, it was rated very weak for diabetes care.

Texas fared best - average - in the mortality rates and potentially avoidable complications of privately insured people.

It ranked below average in those areas for people without insurance and those covered by Medicaid or Medicare.

State officials minimized the rankings.

"Our office is reviewing the study, but at first glance it appears to be an extremely broad report that goes well beyond the parameters of the state Medicaid program and doesn't take into account our diverse population," Catherine Frazier, press secretary for Gov. Rick Perry, said in a statement.

The federal 'report card' is nothing more than a political tool to promote nationalized health care and ultimately a single payer system.

Texas likely ended up last more as a result of Perry's running for President again more than anything else.

Here are there measuring criteria using NHQR's: http://statesnapshots.ahrq.gov/snaps11/Methods.jsp?menuId=92&state=TX#appendix1

So many of these are based on taking vaccinations which a huge number of Texans do not like or want and also screenings which so many see as a waste of time and money.

In Texas you have more freedom from government interference than any other state, and the flip side that is that when you need health care, Texas gives you more freedom than any other state. And most Texans prefer it that way.

Last edited:
Rafael is currently not too popular with his fellow Republicans as he throws them under the bus so that he can get another Fox interview

He does not play well with others

Speaking of which.

Rep. King hopes healthcare repeal efforts expose Cruz as 'a fraud' - NBC Politics

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., said he hopes Friday's House vote to keep the government running while defunding "Obamacare" will expose Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz as "a fraud" and that "he'll no longer have any influence in the Republican Party."

King said he hopes that Friday's likely doomed vote in Senate will show Republicans that Cruz is "bad for the party."

Forum List

Back