Why the tea party movement is so frightening...

Yea...here's the teabaggers named Adams, and Franklin...:lol::lol::lol:
south-africa-brothers-roger-ballen.jpg

I seen those two at a Green party rally once..... They work for the Huffington post I believe.. or was it Democracy NOW!? I can't remember, all those leftist PR rags look the same after a while...

Nice try, but the recent poll of teabaggers exposed them as pea brained Bushies living ON the public dole and unaware Obama lowered their taxes...

If you decide to go to a teabagger rally, 'nice tooth' is a good pickup line.

Nah im pretty sure thats the two who host Democracy NOW!....

And from your simple minded response which matches the other simple minded responses from the moonbats on this so far; we can tell even the dumbest tea party goers are a lot sharper than you..:lol:

You already surrender your vote to your perceived betters... You go along with your political party period... They say the tea partys are full of hate and you don't bother to check you just figure it must be so and go along with it...

Now this is just getting fucking stupid. I told you that I vote Democrat, but I am not beyond voting for a Republican (like my congressperson) if I feel they deserve my vote.

Other than that, yes, I vote Democratic, because, of the two major parties, I feel the Democratic Party more adequately sums up how I feel and represents my beliefs on issues.

I mean, this isn't a fucking hard concept to grasp.

I have no idea how this segways into the teabaggers. However, since you want to make this a personal issue about me, feel free to quote me when I stated that the teaparty is "full of hate".

And again, just because I have the feeling that you need to be reminded, I am not going to go to a teabagger event. Like I said, I don't have to run into a brick wall to know the experience is going to suck.

Thats my entire point.. I'm not asking you to vote the way I want you to, I want you to use your freaking head for more than a liberal PR storage device...

Why don't you use your freaking head and demonstrate how I am "not using my head". After you get done with that, I'll assess whether I give a damn enough about your opinion to value it or dismiss it.

Though, I wouldn't put my chips on the "value" line.

I don't tell ya not to vote because of YOUR opinions, I tell ya not to vote because yours comes straight from MSNBC. They aren't your opinions based on anything real they are MSNBC's opinions. And please spare me the douchebag reply about you don't watch MSNBC, its a name I used, could have used CNN, or Democracy Now! or the Huffpost, its all the same...

Once again, this is getting fucking stupid. I've already told you that I don't get my news from cable news. It's only a "douchbag reply" to you, because it flies in the face of your pre-conceived notions. I also don't get my news from the huffington post.

So, since you are so concerned about this (albeit idiotic charade of an) issue, why don't you tell me where I get my news from? I'll give you a hint, if the issue is Afghanistan, I get my news from Reuters since, IMO, they have the best coverage over that issue.

At any rate, Since you are going to fail at predicting how I acquire information, maybe you can just give me your list of "approved news sources".

Weren't you whining about propaganda before?

You have the ability to go and see for yourself about tea parties, and you flatly refused to do so, stating you didn't need to... Why is that? I mean isn't it responsible citizenship to not take political agendas or the word of politicians and biased media and look for yourself whenever you can?

Why: (again) I think feaux protest events are for losers. I can also recognize a strawman argument when I see one "you can't really comment on the teabag movement until you go to an event!" So I choose not to waste my time (which is rather limited these days) on the matter.

If this were something you were unable to find out about on your own, thats one, but thats not thee case at all. You just refuse to do so. Why is that? Is it laziness? or is it a fear that you may find your party and their supportive media have been lying to you?

Why: (for the third time) I think feaux protest events are for losers. It has nothing to do with any amount of cognitive dissonance. At any rate, the guy I supported won. Why should I protest anything? Obama has done reasonably well so far. So why would I go join a crowd of people that have opposed him since day one, even if for the learning experience?

So, just so we can move on from this issue, allow me to say it again: I am not going to a tea party event, because I think they are lame.

From your response I say its a little bit of both.....

You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, so your opinion is valued for what it is worth.

At any rate, I highly encourage you and the rest of the teabaggers to adopt "you are too stupid to vote, so don't" as a talking point. It in no way makes you all look like pretentious cocksuckers.

Last edited:
I seen those two at a Green party rally once..... They work for the Huffington post I believe.. or was it Democracy NOW!? I can't remember, all those leftist PR rags look the same after a while...

Nice try, but the recent poll of teabaggers exposed them as pea brained Bushies living ON the public dole and unaware Obama lowered their taxes...

And from your simple minded response which matches the other simple minded responses from the moonbats on this so far; we can tell even the dumbest tea party goers are a lot sharper than you..:lol:

Here's an idea...I want to give you a golden opportunity...you pick a topic and we'll debate it...this way you can show everybody how smart you are and how dumb I am....

I'll be waiting............................................................

Here's an idea...I want to give you a golden opportunity...you pick a topic and we'll debate it...this way you can show everybody how smart you are and how dumb I am....

Don't be too hard on the boy. He suffers from delusions of relevance.

It's a common problem on the internets.

You already surrender your vote to your perceived betters... You go along with your political party period... They say the tea partys are full of hate and you don't bother to check you just figure it must be so and go along with it...

Now this is just getting fucking stupid. I told you that I vote Democrat, but I am not beyond voting for a Republican (like my congressperson) if I feel they deserve my vote.

Other than that, yes, I vote Democratic, because, of the two major parties, I feel the Democratic Party more adequately sums up how I feel and represents my beliefs on issues.

I mean, this isn't a fucking hard concept to grasp.

I have no idea how this segways into the teabaggers. However, since you want to make this a personal issue about me, feel free to quote me when I stated that the teaparty is "full of hate".

And again, just because I have the feeling that you need to be reminded, I am not going to go to a teabagger event. Like I said, I don't have to run into a brick wall to know the experience is going to suck.

Thats my entire point.. I'm not asking you to vote the way I want you to, I want you to use your freaking head for more than a liberal PR storage device...

Why don't you use your freaking head and demonstrate how I am "not using my head". After you get done with that, I'll assess whether I give a damn enough about your opinion to value it or dismiss it.

Though, I wouldn't put my chips on the "value" line.

Once again, this is getting fucking stupid. I've already told you that I don't get my news from cable news. It's only a "douchbag reply" to you, because it flies in the face of your pre-conceived notions. I also don't get my news from the huffington post.

So, since you are so concerned about this (albeit idiotic charade of an) issue, why don't you tell me where I get my news from? I'll give you a hint, if the issue is Afghanistan, I get my news from Reuters since, IMO, they have the best coverage over that issue.

At any rate, Since you are going to fail at predicting how I acquire information, maybe you can just give me your list of "approved news sources".

Weren't you whining about propaganda before?

Why: (again) I think feaux protest events are for losers. I can also recognize a strawman argument when I see one "you can't really comment on the teabag movement until you go to an event!" So I choose not to waste my time (which is rather limited these days) on the matter.

If this were something you were unable to find out about on your own, thats one, but thats not thee case at all. You just refuse to do so. Why is that? Is it laziness? or is it a fear that you may find your party and their supportive media have been lying to you?

Why: (for the third time) I think feaux protest events are for losers. It has nothing to do with any amount of cognitive dissonance. At any rate, the guy I supported won. Why should I protest anything? Obama has done reasonably well so far. So why would I go join a crowd of people that have opposed him since day one, even if for the learning experience?

So, just so we can move on from this issue, allow me to say it again: I am not going to a tea party event, because I think they are lame.

From your response I say its a little bit of both.....

You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, so your opinion is valued for what it is worth.

At any rate, I highly encourage you and the rest of the teabaggers to adopt "you are too stupid to vote, so don't" as a talking point. It in no way makes you all look like pretentious cocksuckers.

Oh stop crying drama queen.. I didn't tell you what to do, I told you your vote was a wasted because you refuse to look for yourself. As I said it would be different id ya couldn't look and see for yourself. issues like healthcare you are limited on what you see of it. But an open tea party event? That can be going on anywhere and anyone can attend, and you tel us how you dont have to because you either just already know somehow, or the media you choose told you all you needed to know... And then you try and pretend you didn't do exactly that.... you are a fake....

Faux outrage.... Yeah, faux like your little display here? yeah....:lol: Another 15 minutes of you denying what you are doing and at the same time admitting it....:lol:

Quick social lesson.... If ya are in a debate and then ya suddenly challenge the person you are debating to another debate to show how tough/good/smart/brilliant you are; it means you just made an ass of yourself and need to save face....

This is a debate, and so far all you have done is insult people and show your ass... I gave back what you tried to give, don't cry because your game was weak...:lol:

LOL, I remember you now.... you are the internets guy again..... HAHHAHAHHAHAAH!

:lol::lol::lol:

Quick social lesson.... If ya are in a debate and then ya suddenly challenge the person you are debating to another debate to show how tough/good/smart/brilliant you are; it means you just made an ass of yourself and need to save face....

This is a debate, and so far all you have done is insult people and show your ass... I gave back what you tried to give, don't cry because your game was weak...:lol:

You can keep projecting or select a topic. I read your sophomoric emote and had to respond in kind. My response was concise. The teabaggers have earned that moniker, and so have you...

So Geauxtohell . . . .
. . . .help me understand here. (Others can chime in too of course.)

Why are so many here convinced that the Tea Partiers are rightwing fringers who have not adequately informed themselves and are educated by rote from whatever sources are apparently most objectionable to the Tea Party critics?

Do they think everybody opposed to policies of the current Administration and the Democratically controlled Congress are uninformed idiots? Have none looked at the issues and drawn informed conclusions?

If the Tea Partiers used the same sources that inform their critics, would they think like and agree with their critics?

I don't think the vast majority of the Tea Party crew are fringe rightwingers, but I definitely think they are rightwingers. It simply doesn't add up any other way. Prior to Obama's election, the "tea party" was a small group of Ron Paul people who were mostly excoriated by the GOP (believe me, I watched the Paulites take both barrels on message boards from conservatives (liberals were less concerned with Paul as they knew he would never be in the general)). So, let's just be frank and admit that the only people protesting government waste during the Bush administration (one of the most wasteful administrations in history) were the Paul-ites. If there were regular Bush voters in the mix, they were a small minority.

Then, like magic, virtually immediately after Obama was sworn in the movement started to grow. You can buy the party line that "TARP was the straw that broke the camels back and some futures trader/hedge fund manager's (who has more money than God) angry rant at the Chicago board of trade was the rhetoric that a bunch of middle class people needed to mobilize". Frankly, it doesn't add up. Then you have reports of Dick Armey and other PACs being involved in the group and it starts to look more astroturf than grass roots.

In reality, I think the tea party is a collection of conservative voters (many of whom are two time Bush voters) who are angry they lost the election.

I mean, I would buy that this is a real political movement, but it still lacks any real leadership, vision, goal, or platform (and please spare me the "lame list" of vague platitudes like "Defend the Constitution" that someone slopped together).

I don't think that the tea party adequately encapsulates every, or even most, Americans that disagree with the administration. I also don't think they are uninformed about the issues. I may disagree with their take on them, but they aren't mis-informed.

What I do think they are mis-informed about is the notion that they are a spontaneous grass roots organization that is going to win over moderates. I doubt most people in the movement know who the puppet master is.

And you show that you are misinformed by assuming that there IS a puppet master. You, like many other misinformed Americans, can't believe that large groups of Americans could simply be unified in some basic concepts, could all be angry about the same corruption and incompetence they see in government, and could all be fed up with a broken system that they demand be repaired.

You can't accept that Tea Partiers represent almost all walks of life, ages, races, ideologies, and socioeconomic groups. In different parts of the country you see some differences of emphasis, but all Tea Partiers are agreed on three issues:
1) Stopping the corruption of the U.S. Constitution,
2) Restoring fiscal responsibility and accountability,
3) Rejecting tax increases that are not earmarked to pay down the debt but rather are intended to expand the size, scope, and cost of government.

You may think that makes them all rightwingers, and if that's the way it is, then so be it. But it is a sorry Left that does not support every one of those three principles. That must be why I think there were probably as many Democrats as Republicans at our local Tea Party events.

Many Tea Party groups also agree with the expanded "Contract For America" that they hope all Congressional candidates will sign before the upcoming elections. The ten points of the Contract are:

Protect the Constitution
Reject Cap & Trade
Demand a Balanced Budget
Enact Fundamental Tax Reform
Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government
End Runaway Government Spending
Defund, Repeal, & Replace Government-run Health Care
Pass an ‘All-of-the-Above” Energy Policy
Stop the Pork
Stop the Tax Hikes

For the life of me, I can see how some Americans might disagree with some of those points, but I can't see how any American who loved his/her country would be afraid of them.

Last edited:
So Geauxtohell . . . .
. . . .help me understand here. (Others can chime in too of course.)

Why are so many here convinced that the Tea Partiers are rightwing fringers who have not adequately informed themselves and are educated by rote from whatever sources are apparently most objectionable to the Tea Party critics?

Do they think everybody opposed to policies of the current Administration and the Democratically controlled Congress are uninformed idiots? Have none looked at the issues and drawn informed conclusions?

If the Tea Partiers used the same sources that inform their critics, would they think like and agree with their critics?

I don't think the vast majority of the Tea Party crew are fringe rightwingers, but I definitely think they are rightwingers. It simply doesn't add up any other way. Prior to Obama's election, the "tea party" was a small group of Ron Paul people who were mostly excoriated by the GOP (believe me, I watched the Paulites take both barrels on message boards from conservatives (liberals were less concerned with Paul as they knew he would never be in the general)). So, let's just be frank and admit that the only people protesting government waste during the Bush administration (one of the most wasteful administrations in history) were the Paul-ites. If there were regular Bush voters in the mix, they were a small minority.

Then, like magic, virtually immediately after Obama was sworn in the movement started to grow. You can buy the party line that "TARP was the straw that broke the camels back and some futures trader/hedge fund manager's (who has more money than God) angry rant at the Chicago board of trade was the rhetoric that a bunch of middle class people needed to mobilize". Frankly, it doesn't add up. Then you have reports of Dick Armey and other PACs being involved in the group and it starts to look more astroturf than grass roots.

In reality, I think the tea party is a collection of conservative voters (many of whom are two time Bush voters) who are angry they lost the election.

I mean, I would buy that this is a real political movement, but it still lacks any real leadership, vision, goal, or platform (and please spare me the "lame list" of vague platitudes like "Defend the Constitution" that someone slopped together).

I don't think that the tea party adequately encapsulates every, or even most, Americans that disagree with the administration. I also don't think they are uninformed about the issues. I may disagree with their take on them, but they aren't mis-informed.

What I do think they are mis-informed about is the notion that they are a spontaneous grass roots organization that is going to win over moderates. I doubt most people in the movement know who the puppet master is.

And you show that you are misinformed by assuming that there IS a puppet master. You, like many other misinformed Americans, can't believe that large groups of Americans could simply be unified in some basic concepts, could all be angry about the same corruption and incompetence they see in government, and could all be fed up with a broken system that they demand be repaired.

You can't accept that Tea Partiers represent almost all walks of life, ages, races, ideologies, and socioeconomic groups. In different parts of the country you see some differences of emphasis, but all Tea Partiers are agreed on three issues:
3) Rejecting tax increases that are not earmarked to pay down the debt but rather are intended to expand the size, scope, and cost of government.

You may think that makes them all rightwingers, and if that's the way it is, then so be it. But it is a sorry Left that does not support every one of those three principles. That must be why I think there were probably as many Democrats as Republicans at our local Tea Party events.

Many Tea Party groups also agree with the expanded "Contract For America" that they hope all Congressional candidates will sign before the upcoming elections. The ten points of the Contract are:

Protect the Constitution
Reject Cap & Trade
Demand a Balanced Budget
Stop the Pork
Stop the Tax Hikes

For the life of me, I can see how some Americans might disagree with some of those points, but I can't see how any American who loved his/her country would be afraid of them.

WHERE were these teabaggers when Bush was in office??? OH, they LOVED him!

George W. Bush will always have the Tea Party
Washington Post

Remember a while back there was that billboard in Wyoming, Minn. with a picture of former President George W. Bush smiling and waving that read "Miss Me yet?" Well, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll, the only folks who have any love for Bush are self-identified Tea Partiers.
original.jpg

Among all adults, Bush is viewed "not favorabl[y]" by 58 percent. On the flip side, he is revered by Tea Partiers, with a 57 percent favorable rating. And that support carries over when it comes to assessing blame for our economic mess. Tea Partyers blast Obama over Bush for the current federal budget deficit (24 percent to 6 percent) and the for the current state of the nation's economy (10 percent to 5 percent).

Protect the Constitution
Reject Cap & Trade
Demand a Balanced Budget
Stop the Pork
Stop the Tax Hikes

We were all there and though many of us appreciated President Bush in some ways, we were mad as hell at him in others such as socialization of medicine creating another huge entitlement, his energy policy, his liberal illegal immigrant policy, his failure to rein in irresponsible spending intiated and passed by his own party and the opposing party, etc..

The straw that broke the camel's back of course was TARP and all of us were finally fed up, mad as hell, and ready to take to the streets brandishing angry signs over that. But President Bush was in his last months of office and President Obama was solemnly and oh so sincerely promising to rein in the irresponsible spending, restore fiscal sanity, balance the budget, reduce the deficits, pay down the debt, etc. etc. etc. So we waited for him to save us from the excesses of the previous eight years.

It was all lies of course. And when that became obvious via the pork laden appropriations bill passed early on, the stimulus package, the takeover of financial institutions and major U.S. industries in a way that protected those who created the problem and corrected none of the problems, takeover of the U.S. healthcare system, and budgets that exacerbated a deficit approaching the entire GDP, THAT's when the Tea Partiers were born.

Republican, Democrat, Independent, nobody cared whose ox was being gored. They were all culpable and they were all guilty and we wanted them to wake up and fix it or get out of the way and make room for an elected leadership who would.

You can continue to try to cast the Tea Party movement as partisan which only speaks to your own partisanship or perhaps ignorance of what you speak. But the Tea Partiers are not partisan at all. They are anything but.

Last edited:

Protect the Constitution
Reject Cap & Trade
Demand a Balanced Budget
Stop the Pork
Stop the Tax Hikes

We were all there and though many of us appreciated President Bush in some ways, we were mad as hell at him in others such as socialization of medicine creating another huge entitlement, his energy policy, his liberal illegal immigrant policy, his failure to rein in irresponsible spending intiated and passed by his own party and the opposing party, etc..

The straw that broke the camel's back of course was TARP and all of us were finally fed up, mad as hell, and ready to take to the streets brandishing angry signs over that. But President Bush was in his last months of office and President Obama was solemnly and oh so sincerely promising to rein in the irresponsible spending, restore fiscal sanity, balance the budget, reduce the deficits, pay down the debt, etc. etc. etc. So we waited for him to save us from the excesses of the previous eight years.

It was all lies of course. And when that became obvious via the pork laden appropriations bill passed early on, the stimulus package, the takeover of financial institutions and major U.S. industries in a way that protected those who created the problem and corrected none of the problems, takeover of the U.S. healthcare system, and budgets that exacerbated a deficit approaching the entire GDP, THAT's when the Tea Partiers were born.

Republican, Democrat, Independent, nobody cared whose ox was being gored. They were all culpable and they were all guilty and we wanted them to wake up and fix it or get out of the way and make room for an elected leadership who would.

You can continue to try to cast the Tea Party movement as partisan which only speaks to your own partisanship or perhaps ignorance of what you speak. But the Tea Partiers are not partisan at all. They are anything but.

It amazes me how ignorant the right is. There is no adult thinking going on. TARP, the Stimulus Bill and loans to GM and Chrysler were NOT policy decisions based on ideology, they were based on REALITY. If the financial institutions had been allowed to fail, it would have sent this country into a economic tailspin that would have wiped out this nation and take every American's retirement account and 401K with it. Economists from BOTH sides of the political spectrum concurred that both were a necessary evil. If GM and Chrysler had been allowed to fail, not only thousands of auto workers would have hit the public dole, it would have wiped out suppliers to not only GM and Chrysler, but foreign manufacturers in the USA. All told, about 3 million workers would have hit the public dole.

Health care reform started out with proposals of strong progressive reforms like single payer or a public option. The further it moved away from progressive reform, the less effective it became. It was torpedoed by a combination of powerful insurance lobbyists and Republicans that parroted Frank Luntz lies designed to kill any reform.

What amazes me the most, is there is NEVER a penny of human capital in any solution from the right. They always need human beings to just evaporate. Thankfully, enough adults with a conscience have prevented us from having to live and die through their simple minded and childish ideas.

It amazes me how ignorant the right is. There is no adult thinking going on. TARP, the Stimulus Bill and loans to GM and Chrysler were NOT policy decisions based on ideology, they were based on REALITY. If the financial institutions had been allowed to fail, it would have sent this country into a economic tailspin that would have wiped out this nation and take every American's retirement account and 401K with it. Economists from BOTH sides of the political spectrum concurred that both were a necessary evil. If GM and Chrysler had been allowed to fail, not only thousands of auto workers would have hit the public dole, it would have wiped out suppliers to not only GM and Chrysler, but foreign manufacturers in the USA. All told, about 3 million workers would have hit the public dole.

Health care reform started out with proposals of strong progressive reforms like single payer or a public option. The further it moved away from progressive reform, the less effective it became. It was torpedoed by a combination of powerful insurance lobbyists and Republicans that parroted Frank Luntz lies designed to kill any reform.

What amazes me the most, is there is NEVER a penny of human capital in any solution from the right. They always need human beings to just evaporate. Thankfully, enough adults with a conscience have prevented us from having to live and die through their simple minded and childish ideas.

The Tea Party protests against these things have not been partisan. I'm sure your defense of the excesses of the last several years is absolutely non partisan as well and you don't blame a Republican president or the Republicans in congress for anything even as you defend Obama and the Democrats?

You are about the worst at hiding your hypocrisy as anybody I've seen here. :)

Bottom line sir, is you may be so ideologically leftwing that you honestly believe government is good, moral, righteously motivated, and right on to take on every human problem, tax whatever it must to spend whatever it wants in the name of compassionate policy that will save us all from ourselves. I believe that those who believe that are the ignorant ones.

It is people like you, and the people they elect to high office that motivate the Tea Partiers to march, speak, protest, and lobby for a government that knows that that the government nanny state solution to all human problems is the core of most of those problems in the first place. Any attempt to tax and spend ourselves into prosperity and a more trouble-free society is doomed to render America weaker, less free, less safe, and further removed from the noble experiment the Founders envisioned.

I think you could be one of those who is terrified of the Tea Partiers. I think you are terrified because deep down you know they are right. And that is just too terrible to even contemplate.

The Tea Party protests against these things have not been partisan. I'm sure your defense of the excesses of the last several years is absolutely non partisan as well and you don't blame a Republican president or the Republicans in congress for anything even as you defend Obama and the Democrats?

You are about the worst at hiding your hypocrisy as anybody I've seen here. :)

Bottom line sir, is you may be so ideologically leftwing that you honestly believe government is good, moral, righteously motivated, and right on to take on every human problem, tax whatever it must to spend whatever it wants in the name of compassionate policy that will save us all from ourselves. I believe that those who believe that are the ignorant ones.

It is people like you, and the people they elect to high office that motivate the Tea Partiers to march, speak, protest, and lobby for a government that knows that that the government nanny state solution to all human problems is the core of most of those problems in the first place. Any attempt to tax and spend ourselves into prosperity and a more trouble-free society is doomed to render America weaker, less free, less safe, and further removed from the noble experiment the Founders envisioned.

I think you could be one of those who is terrified of the Tea Partiers. I think you are terrified because deep down you know they are right. And that is just too terrible to even contemplate.

WOW, did you read ANYTHING I said, or were you too busy working on your partisan response? My contention is: IF Obama had inherited an economy like George W. Bush inherited from Clinton...NONE (that means ZERO) of these bailouts or stimulus plans would have been implemented out of NECESSITY ( that means NO CHOICE, CRUCIAL).

I don't believe in tax and spend, but I do believe in tax IF YOU DO spend. IF you start a war, you don't CUT taxes, you implement a war tax. You don't pay private soldiers 10 times what an enlisted man gets. You implement a draft, so everyone has skin in the game. And you DON'T try to pass the buck to the next administration by funding it through supplemental requests, with little time for congressional oversight or full disclosure of how the money is allocated. You OWN up to it.

It's called REAL personal responsibility, not phony propaganda and talking points.

If you want to cut spending, then social programs are LAST on the list. And you only cut what won't cause harm to We, the people. Start with military waste and fraud. End corporate welfare that costs Americans 3 trillion dollars per year in corporate cost externalizing. No bullshit solutions like tort reform which is a Trojan horse for insurance companies screwing people out of just settlements. Plus it is a state issue. No phony rants and raves about solving our economic problems by cutting out earmarks, which comprises about one half of one percent of the federal budget.

In a nutshell, you put adults in charge, not pea brains...teabaggers are pea brains

Oh stop crying drama queen.. I didn't tell you what to do, I told you your vote was a wasted because you refuse to look for yourself. As I said it would be different id ya couldn't look and see for yourself. issues like healthcare you are limited on what you see of it. But an open tea party event? That can be going on anywhere and anyone can attend, and you tel us how you dont have to because you either just already know somehow, or the media you choose told you all you needed to know... And then you try and pretend you didn't do exactly that.... you are a fake....

Faux outrage.... Yeah, faux like your little display here? yeah....:lol: Another 15 minutes of you denying what you are doing and at the same time admitting it....:lol:

Drama queen? Okay, whatever. I don't care about your opinion of my vote. You have obviously tried to project some wrong information upon me. When called on it, you call me a "drama queen"? Speaking of being fake (and since we are going to cut to the chase); why don't you just stop being a dishonest fuck?

On that note, for the fourth time, I am not going to teabag events because I think they are lame not because I "can't handle the truthiness" of the events. I find it patently hilarious that you presume to lecture me on bias while at the same time holding up a political rally as a beacon of transparency.

And you show that you are misinformed by assuming that there IS a puppet master.

And yet, you can click on the link in my sig and read all about it.

You, like many other misinformed Americans, can't believe that large groups of Americans could simply be unified in some basic concepts, could all be angry about the same corruption and incompetence they see in government, and could all be fed up with a broken system that they demand be repaired.

Actually you are right. It all adds up too conveniently in teabagger folk-lore. It's so convenient it strains belief. Again, where was the outrage through 8 years of deficit spending and borrowing from China to fund wars in Iraq?

I tend to believe that, like in chemistry, reactions generally don't occur without a catalyst. You obviously think the catalyst was TARP or the accepted TB talking point. I think it was GOP operatives creating an astroturf movement and calling it grassroots.

Neither you nor I know with 100% accuracy that we are right and the other is wrong or vice versa.

Therefore, we are left with opinions.

I accept that the teabaggers are what the demographics make them out to be: White, male, upper-middle class Republicans.

A poll is cited by Bloomberg to obtain the results noted, and is the most current with the article by Bloomberg just four days ago. The poll not only presents the results but cites its margin of error and the details of that poll. The poll of 1,002 U.S. adults was conducted March 19-22 by Selzer & Co. of Des Moines, Iowa. The results had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points. What Bloomberg observes from the poll is this:
"Tea Party supporters are likely to be older, white and male. Forty percent are age 55 and over, compared with 32 percent of all poll respondents; just 22 percent are under the age of 35, 79 percent are white, and 61 percent are men. Many are also Christian fundamentalists, with 44 percent identifying themselves as “born-again,” compared with 33 percent of all respondents."

Tea Party Demographics: White, Republican, Older Male with Money

That would further be evidenced by the fact that all the teabagger candidates are running or ran in GOP primaries. Funny that.

As for your three planks: 1 and 2 are basically useless "feel good" platforms that would be virtually impossible to legislate. I mean "stopping the corruption of the Constitution"? Seriously? Give me a break. If the Constitution was so obvious that every American agreed about every little issue 100% of the time, we wouldn't need the Supreme Court. You guys are going to have to come up with something a little more workable than that. #2 is more of the same. What exactly does that mean? #3 is a little more workable, however, I've yet to hear the Obama administration say they were going to increase taxes. Did you?

Bolded emphasis is mine. Anecdotes are terribly convincing. Sorry.

Protect the Constitution
Reject Cap & Trade
Demand a Balanced Budget
Stop the Pork
Stop the Tax Hikes

I've addressed this before. It isn't that Americans "don't agree" with this stuff, it's that most people see this as uselessly vague wording that has no real meaning. You might as well add "Free Chocolate Milkshakes for Everyone!" in there for as much as these are worth.

As for you last point, I am not "afraid" of the teabaggers or their goofy ideals. Frankly, I find the whole concept laughable.

LOL, I remember you now.... you are the internets guy again..... HAHHAHAHHAHAAH!

:lol::lol::lol:

No idea what you are talking about.

George W. Bush will always have the Tea Party
Washington Post

I mean, it's so patently obvious I can't really see why it's still even being debated.

It would be one thing if Bush and his GOP congress was this beacon of fiscal conservatism. However, they spent like drunken sailors too.

Like I said, the conservatives renewed sense of fiscal responsibility once their guy left office might play in their own circles.

However, my memory isn't that short.

Yeah, you guys were so mad at him, you re-elected him. Now be honest: you are a two time Bush voter aren't you?

Wow, this is just so convenient. I know I was mad when Obama got elected and didn't become a fiscal conservative. I mean, that's what he promised to do in his election, didn't he? Didn't he???????????????

Seriously, give it a rest. If you guys want to get the boo boo face, you should have done it when the guy who proclaimed he was fiscally conservative became one of the biggest spenders in office. Yet, there was hardly a peep from you guys through eight years of his policies. Then, when the guy who everyone expects will spend money gets elected and spends money you guys have a fit? Yeah, that makes sense.

Well, it wouldn't make sense if any of this were truly about fiscal stewardship. However, we know it is not.

Why are their no Democrat Tea Party candidates?

I mean, I don't recall the Tea Party courting Admiral Sestak.

Forum List

Back