Why there is a stereotype or misinformation in the heads of people that Russia is not truly white

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Tramps and Thieves, A Real Gypsy Pay-off
Centurion;7162217 said:
Russia is not part of the West and is probably less White than Spain or Uruguay.

Ethnic groups
Russian 80.9%, Tatar 3.9%, Ukrainian 1.4%, Bashkir 1.1%, Chuvash 1%, Chechen 1%, other 10.2%, unspecified 3.9% note: nearly 200 national and/or ethnic groups are represented in Russia's 2010 census (2010 est.) Demographics of Russia - Wikipedia

Russians and Ukranians are whiter then ethnic French, I saw a video on Ukraine, a French guy went there, to live because he didnt felt safe anymore in Paris. And if you count people such as tatars, chuvash and bashkir as non-white they are still closer to white then all the SSA and maroccans in France. And ethnic russians, ukranians, are more northern then french, they are on par with central to northern european populations not with spain, or uruguay, he said less white then spain. I think Russia is more white then France, he is a french.

France (they are clearly more meditteranean)

I regularly visit a Russian owned store for their delicious ice cream, the Mother, Daughter and Son are definitely white.

Centurion;7162217 said:
Russia is not part of the West and is probably less White than Spain or Uruguay.

Ethnic groups
Russian 80.9%, Tatar 3.9%, Ukrainian 1.4%, Bashkir 1.1%, Chuvash 1%, Chechen 1%, other 10.2%, unspecified 3.9% note: nearly 200 national and/or ethnic groups are represented in Russia's 2010 census (2010 est.) Demographics of Russia - Wikipedia

Russians and Ukranians are whiter then ethnic French, I saw a video on Ukraine, a French guy went there, to live because he didnt felt safe anymore in Paris. And if you count people such as tatars, chuvash and bashkir as non-white they are still closer to white then all the SSA and maroccans in France. And ethnic russians, ukranians, are more northern then french, they are on par with central to northern european populations not with spain, or uruguay, he said less white then spain. I think Russia is more white then France, he is a french.

Sounds like a decent place to live.

Well, there is a reason that white people are called "Caucasian." They originally stemmed from the Caucasus Mountain region in what is part of southern Russia, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Armenia. So, Russians are indeed, white.

Well, there is a reason that white people are called "Caucasian." They originally stemmed from the Caucasus Mountain region in what is part of southern Russia, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Armenia. So, Russians are indeed, white.

Caucasians are treated with racism in Russia by Russians. Dont confuse Russians with Caucasians. It is like confusing mexicans with rednecks.

Centurion;7162217 said:

Ethnic groups

Of course Russia is predominantly white. The quotation you used in your OP also says that Russia isnt a part of the West. That is also true. Because belonging to the West isn't about whiteness, but about the principles a society is built upon.

Centurion;7162217 said:

Ethnic groups

Of course Russia is predominantly white. The quotation you used in your OP also says that Russia isnt a part of the West. That is also true. Because belonging to the West isn't about whiteness, but about the principles a society is built upon.

Russia is not part of the West, true. But I think that is more political then cultural, because Ukraine wants to join EU/NATO and they would be considered part of the West. Russia could too if it lost terretories and were submissive to NATO. Then they would turn west, I dont think Russia is inherently non-western, like china for example, who is truly another civilisation or india.

Centurion;7162217 said:

Ethnic groups

Russia is not part of the West, true. But I think that is more political then cultural, because Ukraine wants to join EU/NATO and they would be considered part of the West. Russia could too if it lost terretories and were submissive to NATO. Then they would turn west, I dont think Russia is inherently non-western, like china for example, who is truly another civilisation or india.

That depends on what you see as inherently non-western. Some time ago, the absolute power of the king was 'inherently' western thing. Now, that is not the case. But Russia remained on this track, more in common with China. That is as one of examples.

Centurion;7162217 said:

Ethnic groups

Don't be surprised if they start shipping all the white people from the US to Russia. We don't seem to be wanted in the US anymore. :D

Forum List

Back