Why we should be skeptical of COVID numbers...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Now this came from a local TV station in Tampa...
Their headline:
Florida coronavirus: State adds 3,838 new cases as death toll nears 10,000

But does the article so excitedly blasting NEARS 10,000 deaths... go on and state what in the small print is REALITY of the numbers?
NO... here is the small print:
"If a person has a positive specimen and a negative specimen in the same day, only the positive result is counted"
So this means the number of cases IS inflated because if you had two tests taken...the first came up positive but you asked for a 2nd opinion/test and it came up negative... only your positive case was counted! REALLY. Again the MSM doesn't tell you these aspects.
But horrors of horrors... death toll skyrocketing!!!

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 10.41.32 AM.png

I think the corona antibody tests are picking up the common cold virus and showing it as a positive covid 19 test....this would explain the two different sets of symptoms we are seeing.....Even the Hanks are now questioning if they had covid or just a bad cold...

Now one further proof the BIASED MSM continues to blow COVID out of proportion!!!
Average school teacher age in the USA is 42... Table 19. Average age of school teachers and percentage distribution of teachers by sex, by school type and selected school characteristics: 2003–04
So a teacher in Fl where there is the highest population of older people, i.e. prone to COVID..
and the Population fo Florida age 42... actual 40 to 44 is total 601,183 people
Current Population Demographics and Statistics for Florida by age, gender and race.

of age 40 - 44, there were 94,583 cases. A chance of getting COVID is 1 out of 6 and dying is 1 out of 3,082...

Where is the risk in opening the schools? But NOT one MSM entity discusses that!

Oh and by the way school age cases... age 5-24... Total in Florida.. 109,026 of which 27 deaths.
Out of a population of 3,092,794 in Fl. age 5 to 18.
Chance of getting COVID 1 out of 28 chance... chance of dying of age 5-24... 1 chance out of 114,547 of dying!
So again... where is the MSM on this?? Totally ignoring the realities and playing up the negatives!!!
Folks you have to be suspicious!

FL_COVID_age081820.png

Their headline:

But does the article so excitedly blasting NEARS 10,000 deaths... go on and state what in the small print is REALITY of the numbers?
"If a person has a positive specimen and a negative specimen in the same day, only the positive result is counted"
So this means the number of cases IS inflated because if you had two tests taken...the first came up positive but you asked for a 2nd opinion/test and it came up negative... only your positive case was counted! REALLY. Again the MSM doesn't tell you these aspects.

View attachment 376491
Maybe they should take Trump's advice..stop testing for this damn thing and the number of cases will dry up.

Things that I have not heard talked about on the news.....and I'm to lazy to research is the probability of false positives or false negatives for the Covid tests. It would be interesting information to know when trying to makes sense of the stats.

I think the corona antibody tests are picking up the common cold virus and showing it as a positive covid 19 test....this would explain the two different sets of symptoms we are seeing.....Even the Hanks are now questioning if they had covid or just a bad cold...
you think, eh? are you sure that these tests are antibody-based at all?

Their headline:

View attachment 376491
Maybe they should take Trump's advice..stop testing for this damn thing and the number of cases will dry up.
Good POINT! Look at China...and explain how a country with 1.4 billion that has run 90,410,000 tests and
still end up with 84,871 cases, only 22 new cases and just 4,634 deaths!
And the MSM doesn't seem to explain that !

They're not.

They are PCR tests.

The standard PCR test was never intended as a diagnostic tool because it largely depended on how many thermal cycling one did. I have no idea how the rapid antigen works, but their reliability factor is said to be even less than the PCR.

Frankly? I am not convinced the rapid antigen tests can clearly distinguish between antigens of different varieties of Cornaviruses. So the upshot? They are useless for tracking and tracing, They are only good for headlines, instilling control and fear in the populace, and softening them up to take a vaccine.

COVID19 PCR Tests are Scientifically Meaningless Though the whole world relies on RT-PCR to “diagnose” Sars-Cov-2 infection, the science is clear: they are not fit for purpose

". . .This indicates that the belief in the validity of the PCR tests is so strong that it equals a religion that tolerates virtually no contradiction.

But it is well known that religions are about faith and not about scientific facts. And as Walter Lippmann, the two-time Pulitzer Prize winner and perhaps the most influential journalist of the 20th century said: “Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.”

So to start, it is very remarkable that Kary Mullis himself, the inventor of the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technology, did not think alike. His invention got him the Nobel prize in chemistry in 1993.

Unfortunately, Mullis passed away last year at the age of 74, but there is no doubt that the biochemist regarded the PCR as inappropriate to detect a viral infection.

The reason is that the intended use of the PCR was, and still is, to apply it as a manufacturing technique, being able to replicate DNA sequences millions and billions of times, and not as a diagnostic tool to detect viruses.. . . "

They're not.

They are PCR tests.

The standard PCR test was never intended as a diagnostic tool because it largely depended on how many thermal cycling one did. I have no idea how the rapid antigen works, but their reliability factor is said to be even less than the PCR.

Frankly? I am not convinced the rapid antigen tests can clearly distinguish between antigens of different varieties of Cornaviruses. So the upshot? They are useless for tracking and tracing, They are only good for headlines, instilling control and fear in the populace, and softening them up to take a vaccine.

COVID19 PCR Tests are Scientifically Meaningless Though the whole world relies on RT-PCR to “diagnose” Sars-Cov-2 infection, the science is clear: they are not fit for purpose

". . .This indicates that the belief in the validity of the PCR tests is so strong that it equals a religion that tolerates virtually no contradiction.

But it is well known that religions are about faith and not about scientific facts. And as Walter Lippmann, the two-time Pulitzer Prize winner and perhaps the most influential journalist of the 20th century said: “Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.”

So to start, it is very remarkable that Kary Mullis himself, the inventor of the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technology, did not think alike. His invention got him the Nobel prize in chemistry in 1993.

Unfortunately, Mullis passed away last year at the age of 74, but there is no doubt that the biochemist regarded the PCR as inappropriate to detect a viral infection.

The reason is that the intended use of the PCR was, and still is, to apply it as a manufacturing technique, being able to replicate DNA sequences millions and billions of times, and not as a diagnostic tool to detect viruses.. . . "

good start. but then you went off the rail and then into your usual rabbit hole.

pcr tests are robust and reliable and have been validated worldwide.

There's at least one study out now claiming that some people started off with a partial immunity to Covid-19 acquired from having had other viruses from the same coronavirus family. So yeah, sounds like there's enough similarity to make that possible.

Their headline:

View attachment 376491

Maybe you should take my advice and stop trying to sound clever. The collective IQ of the thread will go up.

I know that the corona virus is a cold virus and so if a test picks up the common cold as corona or covid 19 that would explain a lot.....

I know that the corona virus is a cold virus and so if a test picks up the common cold as corona or covid 19 that would explain a lot.....
you have a lot to learn. it takes 10 minutes for normal people. you had months..

you have a lot to learn. it takes 10 minutes for normal people. you had months..
I'm just repeating what I hear doctors saying on TV....

wrong doctors on wrong channel meet dumbass. the result is your post.

It does come from the same family of coronaviruses as the common cold. More closely related to that than it is to influenza, in fact.

According to the study, that's the reason we saw such wide disparities in people who appeared the same on the surface, but when exposed to Covid wouldn't get it at the same severities. For some people's immune systems, the "novel coronavirus" wasn't entirely novel.

wrong doctors on wrong channel meet dumbass. the result is your post.
You have quoted on two or three of my posts in this thread and you have yet to add anything coherent to the discussion....

It does come from the same family of coronaviruses as the common cold. More closely related to that than it is to influenza, in fact.

According to the study, that's the reason we saw such wide disparities in people who appeared the same on the surface, but when exposed to Covid wouldn't get it at the same severities. For some people's immune systems, the "novel coronavirus" wasn't entirely novel.
Exactly...some doctors have openly wondered if there were two different strains of covid out there due to the differing set of symptoms....

Their headline:

View attachment 376491
This is because the sensitivity is low but specificity is high for almost all these tests, especially the antigen test. Put another way, a false negative tests are far more likely than false positives for most populations.

I’ve known numerous people test negative initially with an antigen test and they just look too much like COVID so we test them again with a PCR test and it comes up positive.

Forum List

Back