Why we should listen to the 97%

You know you don't have to be even remotely clever to understand that when random guessing is more accurate than your computer models you have a problem. I think even a person of below average intelligence can figure that out quite easily.

Why you guys haven't been able to add two plus two is beyond me....maybe you're just really, really stupid?

Here's the thing that is beyond you, apparently. You are representing you. Your capabilities, your education, your experience, your objectiveness, your training, your intelligence. What I'm defending is science. Not because of who I am, but who the IPCC is.

I can't tell you how easy my role is compared to yours.

You don't see that, and some others don't either and that's great.

All I have to do to support the institution of science is keep you posting.

What you accomplish for me is revealing the breadth and depth of both sides to the objective observer. And they are all I care about.

What I'm defending is science.

Your claim would have more credibility if we ignored your many huge errors.

Why have you been unable to prove any?

That's why you didn't assume it? You said it. I quoted you saying it. It is quoted again here. You said specifically up there: "The one fact in your post is correct. It would have been more accurate for me to be more specific and say inhospitable to higher forms of life."

And with that one statement you show yourself totally ignorant of what you pretend to know.

So, somehow you'd like to say that because I agreed with you on an improved wording on a statement about life in the Carboniferous Period, I am ignorant.

I'm afraid that thinking says more about you than me.

No dear. You first said that the Carboniferous period was inhospitable to life. Earlier you accused us all of wanting to exterminate life on Earth because we wouldn't embrace the AGW religion with the implication that we were headed right back to that 'inhospitable' climate. When I showed you how stupid that statement was, you then corrected your statement to be the Carboniferous period was inhospitable to higher forms of life. And when I showed you how that statement was equally stupid, and that all higher forms of life now would be able to live and thrive quite nicely in the Carboniferous period, you then amended your statement a third time to say you never said it couldn't.

I'm afraid you are hopelessly clueless and dishonest my friend. And the jig is up. We all now know you've been bluffing this entire time. You know little or nothing of the science you have pretended to embrace and you continue to misrepresent the purpose and intentions of the IPCC and the policy makers who use it for their political agendas.

You really should be embarrassed but oh well. Trolls and other intellectual sociopaths rarely ever are. I just wanted to assure you that you have fooled nobody but your own alter egos.

You make a strong case for how entitled you feel to impose what your ignorance defines as what's best for you on the rest of the world. Fine.

You have zero to offer on the science that's in the way of you achieving your political goals. That’s fine too. Scientific ignorance is pervasive.

Your fatal error is in the assumption that if you act bitchy enough your politics will trump the world's science.

Ain't gonna happen sweetie.

Here's the thing that is beyond you, apparently. You are representing you. Your capabilities, your education, your experience, your objectiveness, your training, your intelligence. What I'm defending is science. Not because of who I am, but who the IPCC is.

What you accomplish for me is revealing the breadth and depth of both sides to the objective observer. And they are all I care about.

Face it guys. We have been had by a troll. With this statement we should all now know that. This is no attempt to discuss science or global warming. This is a troll pulling our strings and snickering when he succeeds.

I for one will not take the bait again. Kudos to the true science lovers on this thread and I will look forward to future discussions with you on these topics that interest us all. And I pity PMZ and all his/her alter egos who have such empty lives as to devote so much time and energy to such a senseless exercise.

There is a massive amount of evidence that the global warming that has been taking place for the last 150 years is primarily anthropogenic - enough to convince the vast majority of the world's climate scientists. That warming presents a real and significant threat to human civilization. Ignoring it is the most asinine of choices.

Climate is a very complex system. The evidence appears to indicate that one feature of the system is a multi-decadal cycle that alters tropical wind patterns in such a way that a great deal of the trapped solar energy is shuttled from the atmosphere to the deep ocean. That energy is not lost and it has not been made safe. The heat content of the system as a whole is still rising. The rise in our temperature here on Terra Firma may well be delayed by this newly discovered process, but it is not eliminated.

What conditions were like and how life reacted during the Carboniferous period is completely irrelevant to our response to this issue. This process is taking place at a rate much faster than the paleological changes deniers bring up in these conversations. If a comparison is required, you'd be far more accurate to use the Permian Extinction or the Cretaceous-Tertiary Boundary Event.

For what is coming - and because of people like you, it IS coming - life will not have the opportunity to adapt. Tell your children you didn't want to spend the money.

My assumption is that life can and will adapt. At least some of it. It will have to be at the expense of our comfortable, economically advantaged lives though.

Most of the clues now support that our democracy is smart enough to avoid the worst case scenario. Conservative nonsense is getting the boot that democracies are noted for. I'm personally confident that science and common sense will prevail in the US.

It's a global problem though and other countries don't have governments as effective as ours.

Being the only country in the world to navigate around the problem will be a risky position for us to be in.

There is a massive amount of evidence that the global warming that has been taking place for the last 150 years is primarily anthropogenic - enough to convince the vast majority of the world's climate scientists. That warming presents a real and significant threat to human civilization. Ignoring it is the most asinine of choices.

Climate is a very complex system. The evidence appears to indicate that one feature of the system is a multi-decadal cycle that alters tropical wind patterns in such a way that a great deal of the trapped solar energy is shuttled from the atmosphere to the deep ocean. That energy is not lost and it has not been made safe. The heat content of the system as a whole is still rising. The rise in our temperature here on Terra Firma may well be delayed by this newly discovered process, but it is not eliminated.

What conditions were like and how life reacted during the Carboniferous period is completely irrelevant to our response to this issue. This process is taking place at a rate much faster than the paleological changes deniers bring up in these conversations. If a comparison is required, you'd be far more accurate to use the Permian Extinction or the Cretaceous-Tertiary Boundary Event.

For what is coming - and because of people like you, it IS coming - life will not have the opportunity to adapt. Tell your children you didn't want to spend the money.

There is? Show us that evidence please. There is NOTHING of an empirical nature that supports that assertion. Absolutely none. But, by all means show us what you got.

There are many kinds of evidence. There is a mountain of evidence in every category including empirical. You either choose to, or are unable to, understand it.

That is exclusively your problem.

He did. Remember the experiment you endorsed that supposedly demonstrated the greenhouse effect? What it actually demonstrated is that you're an incredibly pompous fool who doesn't know the slightest thing about science.

Ever heard of the Permean Extinction? This is what they think happened during that event.

Permian?Triassic extinction event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Try using a non biased site. In one of those you will see that the majority of climatological causes for the P?T extinction is COLD. Not warm. The last time we know for sure that it was really hot was during the PETM and in that case other than some very localized forams that died out (prtobably due to anoxia) the biosphere on the planet exploded in all sorts of ways. The majority of the major fauna we enjoy today evolved during the PETM. Terrestrial life exploded.

Now look up the Principle of Uniformitarianism and tell us what that means for the extinction theories....

Maybe you can suggest a non-biased site.

Also, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have gleaned from the Principle of Uniformitarianism. That human actions aren't the violent punctuations that lead to extinctions?

Believe it or not, scienceofdoom.com is the most objective, most science based source. It takes some patience to navigate as it leads the reader through a very understandable translation of complex science to the level of basic college science.

If you had the science on your side, you wouldn't have to resort to fear-mongering and emotionalism.

Actually, the opposite is true. Using science to understand the problem thoroughly is fear resolving. Screaming that there is a global conspiracy to rob America's treasury and turn us into a Godless Communist haven is inciting fear.

You think the world has a hard time keeping fissile material from terrorists...no proof.
You think chemical reprocessing creates fissile material...no clue.
You think all but a few conservatives agree with you...no vote on Cap & Trade.
You think all but a few conservatives agree with you...95-0 against Kyoto.
You think the planet was "inhospitable to life", during the Carboniferous...no clue.
You think the government must force us to move to "green" energy...no economics.

Global warming is a red herring created by fosslol fuel interests to take the attention away from the real problems with fossil fuels, namely, Pollution.

Asthma cases are rising daily, choke, choke.

Face it guys. We have been had by a troll. With this statement we should all now know that. This is no attempt to discuss science or global warming. This is a troll pulling our strings and snickering when he succeeds.

I for one will not take the bait again. Kudos to the true science lovers on this thread and I will look forward to future discussions with you on these topics that interest us all. And I pity PMZ and all his/her alter egos who have such empty lives as to devote so much time and energy to such a senseless exercise.

Here, from Joe Normal, on another thread, is a great explanation of the IPCC science that deniers have to deny to make their political imposition case.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ion0QQmzOeo]Lecture 7 - Greenhouse Gases in the Atmosphere - YouTube[/ame]

It reveals either their ignorance or the extent to which they'll lie to achieve their domination of the country goals. You pick.

Here's another that clearly demonstrates at the middle school level of science the truth that is the impossible obstacle to their denial.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot5n9m4whaw&desktop_uri=/watch?v=Ot5n9m4whaw

Sweety, you are surrounded by inconvenient truth that the only escape from is to declare me a troll and run, run, run from.

So be it.

Global warming is a red herring created by fosslol fuel interests to take the attention away from the real problems with fossil fuels, namely, Pollution.

AGW is a herring. Not sure it was created by Exxon Mobil...

And you're correct about our priorities and emphasis.. How many folks you know are medicated or hospitalized for CO2 exposure ???

And you're correct about our priorities and emphasis.. How many folks you know are medicated or hospitalized for CO2 exposure ???

Carbonated beverages are full of carbon dioxide.

How can anyone in this day and age not understand, to the degree demonstrated here, the causes and consequences of AGW?

It's mind boggling.

I wonder how many people here know of someone with asthma. I know of many.

As do I. My sister almost died from it. I have a rare form of it that is triggered randomly and only occasionally by vigorous physical activity. Most asthma is caused by cold air, stress, respiratory infection, and allergic reaction to air pollutants, most commonly dust and pollen. I have never seen a single case of somebody having an allergy to oxygen or carbon or CO2, however.

If fossil fuel generated air pollution was a serious issue with asthma, you would have seen a sharp reduction in cases of asthma as we have steadily cleaned up the air quality for the last 50 years or so. Instead there is a higher degree of asthma and other allergy sufferers so I rather think the cause is in grossly processed foods we eat and other products we use.

How can anyone in this day and age not understand, to the degree demonstrated here, the causes and consequences of AGW?

It's mind boggling.

You mean why isn't everyone a gullible drone like you with all the massive propaganda being pumped into them on a daily basis?

I wonder how many people here know of someone with asthma. I know of many.

As do I. My sister almost died from it. I have a rare form of it that is triggered randomly and only occasionally by vigorous physical activity. Most asthma is caused by cold air, stress, respiratory infection, and allergic reaction to air pollutants, most commonly dust and pollen. I have never seen a single case of somebody having an allergy to oxygen or carbon or CO2, however.

If fossil fuel generated air pollution was a serious issue with asthma, you would have seen a sharp reduction in cases of asthma as we have steadily cleaned up the air quality for the last 50 years or so. Instead there is a higher degree of asthma and other allergy sufferers so I rather think the cause is in grossly processed foods we eat and other products we use.

Pollen makes asthma unbearable. Not long ago they had a Peat moss fire in NC that smouldered for a year. The smoke blew all the way to Virginia. Where there is fire there is smoke. Smoke is not good for the air.

There are more electrical users due to the increase in population, thereby needing more fossil fuel generation.

Nobody really knows about asthma yet.

Pollution causes cancer. Hydrocarbons are deadly. They are linked to causing cancer.

Hydrocarbon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's mind boggling.

You mean why isn't everyone a gullible drone like you with all the massive propaganda being pumped into them on a daily basis?

Was that insult necessary? He didn't insult you. I can see using an insult for retaliation, but that was uncalled for.:eusa_boohoo:

Carbonated beverages are full of carbon dioxide.

So are you.... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back