Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

You're the one who started with petty insults.

It's not just national guard members genius, it's members of all branches of the military.

Members | Iraq Veterans Against the War

Here's the members, Army/Navy/Marine/Air Force, people who joined while the war was going on and are against it.

Why don't you email them all individually and tell them they hate america and hate soldiers, or will you admit that you can be against a President's foreign policy decisions and still support soldiers?

Try and find a thread were I insulted you
all I have been doing is providing links Drock and my opinion as it goes to the troops

I must be wrong
the 500,000 kids that joined the marines after 2004 hated bush and were dead against the war
you happy now?
I mean really does that not make so much sense?

I'll ask one more time and please answer this honestly;

If someone doesn't support the Iraq war are they anti-soldier and anti-america?

Drock
I am thru with this
Every-one has made there minds up and in the end the kids who served in Iraq are the ones got hurt
I thought a little dose of the truth wouldn't hurt

I was wrong

Not only that, I think water is wet....
Learn something every day. You are right 50% of the time instead of wrong all the time. No AoF is not a DoW.
Jake, I'll bet he had to check his tap to be sure. I wonder if he still thinks members of Congress give orders to the troops?

Nic_Driver, Uncensored is fairly ignorant on American history, its themes, political and historical definitions, and so forth. He is perfect for the Hard Right.

all I have been doing is providing links Drock and my opinion as it goes to the troops

I must be wrong
the 500,000 kids that joined the marines after 2004 hated bush and were dead against the war
you happy now?

Drock
I am thru with this
Every-one has made there minds up and in the end the kids who served in Iraq are the ones got hurt

I was wrong

So...it was all about the troops that served in Iraq?
That's what the whole discussion is about as far as you're concerned?
Not the implications of the war to the two countries involved - politically, economically, socially?
We must support the war uncritically because a lot of soldiers went over there and a whole heap got hurt?

To make it worse, you twist your own logic (as confused as it is) by claiming that any servicemen that are against the war somehow aren't real vets but if they support the war they're true servicemen.

Further, you haven't got the balls to take your own challenge by being prepared to argue with any of those veterans that are against the whole sorry mess.

You also dismiss out of hand any link that disagrees with your own preconception.

One of the things I like about this site is that I've learnt a lot from having to research responses to other posters, I've even had my position changed from time to time.

Try to be a bit more open-minded and you might be surprised what happens...just because someone says it on tv doesn't make it true and just because someone has a different political leaning to you doesn't make all of their opinions wrong.

You know, despite what you apparently think, you might even find that there are plenty of 'Liberals' that approved of the war and conversely plenty of 'Conservatives' that disagree with it.

Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

The troops were valiant but they had no choice. Sending them there was wrong PERIOD

I must be wrong
you happy now?

Drock
I am thru with this

I was wrong

Yes, you were wrong, it is not the truth.

I have seen many that cannot be read any other way
An 18 year old kid joins the marines in 2006 do you think for one minute he thinks about the Iraq war the same you do?
and then he is told about this message board ans comes on here and reads the stuff some of you put on here while at the same time you claim to support this same guy?
Okay

Did that 18 year-old kid start the war?

Nope
he finished it
that's why he joined

and as far who started it
OBL and Saddam took care of that
Both god forgive me got what they deserved

And he joined because his country was at war, not because he agreed with your politics

who said anything about joining the service for politics?
You said that to not support the mission (which is a political objective) is to not support the troops and you keep arguing that the ones who joined since knew what the political objective was. I'm saying they joined for their country. Not for your middle east political objectives. It's not that hard.

Those kids after 3-2003 especially in the marines, rangers, etc.. knew where they where going

Got it, you don't get it. I give up. OK, they joined to get Hussein, not for their country. You win, happy?

Our troops joined because our country was at war.

That patriotism does not justify Bush's terrible mistakes.

Drock
I am thru with this

I was wrong

So...it was all about the troops that served in Iraq?
That's what the whole discussion is about as far as you're concerned?
Not the implications of the war to the two countries involved - politically, economically, socially?
We must support the war uncritically because a lot of soldiers went over there and a whole heap got hurt?

To make it worse, you twist your own logic (as confused as it is) by claiming that any servicemen that are against the war somehow aren't real vets but if they support the war they're true servicemen.

Further, you haven't got the balls to take your own challenge by being prepared to argue with any of those veterans that are against the whole sorry mess.

You also dismiss out of hand any link that disagrees with your own preconception.

One of the things I like about this site is that I've learnt a lot from having to research responses to other posters, I've even had my position changed from time to time.

Try to be a bit more open-minded and you might be surprised what happens...just because someone says it on tv doesn't make it true and just because someone has a different political leaning to you doesn't make all of their opinions wrong.

You know, despite what you apparently think, you might even find that there are plenty of 'Liberals' that approved of the war and conversely plenty of 'Conservatives' that disagree with it.

went to this web site in which these national garud troops were against the war, what do you think they need donations for?
re search?
you claim I do not have the balls to argue?
what am I suppose to be arguing?
there was cliams there was no weapons
why argue that? its not true
there are calims I have said you do not support the war you can still support the troops
makes no sense to me, after 2003 anyone who joined the marines knew they wouls probably end up in Iraq
kind of makes sense they support what we DID there also
any way thats your business, but I dis agree
thats my right

Jroc write "makes no sense to me, " That is the problem, Jroc: you can't understand what you are discussing.

who said anything about joining the service for politics?
You said that to not support the mission (which is a political objective) is to not support the troops and you keep arguing that the ones who joined since knew what the political objective was. I'm saying they joined for their country. Not for your middle east political objectives. It's not that hard.

Those kids after 3-2003 especially in the marines, rangers, etc.. knew where they where going

Got it, you don't get it. I give up. OK, they joined to get Hussein, not for their country. You win, happy?

Get what? that war sux?
you got that right
that killing sux?
could not agree more
after 9-11 what do you think Bush was suppose to do with a man who had killedd 500,000 to 1 million of his own people? that had lied over and over about the weapons he had? and after being told in front of congress days after 9-11 that he had no more chances?

This was a pure political hack job by the left to re gain power and it worked
look were it got us
we won the war and no-one even knows it
we will be out of Iraq it looks like 100% in 2012
and you libs made so much about this task that was not true people do not know what to say to the kids who give it all to get it there

You claim you can support the troops and yet not the war
and yet what in gods name do you think those kids were doing there?
BY CHOICE?

and you libs made so much about this task that was not true people do not know what to say to the kids who give it all to get it there

You claim you can support the troops and yet not the war
and yet what in gods name do you think those kids were doing there?
BY CHOICE?

Sure, I'm a liberal. You've obviously at this point read enough of my posts to know that is just a flat out retarded statement.

Agreed. Nor does it justify Obama's continuing them.

Not everyone sees this as a mistake
ask your self why has there been no polls done on this sense the agreement beetween the US and the Iraqi govt on ending our part in that war in 2012?

Iraq

I found this link
it is strange that there was a 80% thought that we were not done
that has cjanged and none of these polls reflect that

Iraq

I found this link

Do you think these polls show that the majority of Americans agree with your opinions?

Iraq

I found this link

Do you think these polls show that the majority of Americans agree with your opinions?

I doubt it
I think now that its over
the situation that is in Iraq today compared to where it was, who knows

Its never been about me anyway
Its allways beeen about the truth and those who chose to be there when they did not have to be

Not everyone sees this as a mistake
ask your self why has there been no polls done on this sense the agreement beetween the US and the Iraqi govt on ending our part in that war in 2012?

My views aren't based on poll results, so I don't have to ask myself anything. Get government out of the energy business both for securing oil overseas and restricting domestic exploration, production and refinement. Let a free market work on it and set a market price. And pull our troops out of the middle east completely. Eventually we should only have troops permanently in US territory.

The Republicans want to make every terrorist our enemy and hunt them down and kill them fighting the rest of the world to do it. The Democrats want us to sit and only defend ourselves only as the international liberal community is comfortable with. As long as we are there, I want to follow the Republican path. Hunt them down and kill them. But I am going to continue to ask why we are actually there when there is a better way. Free markets, what Republicans claim to support, and continually fail to do.

He is bringing troops home, winding down Afghanistan. Obama inherited a bad hand, and has probably played it as well as could be expected. We should not be using our troops to support Big Business pursuit of oil.

I get a kick of JRK, the suffering neo-con progressive right wing imperialist, trying to justify his losing position. He will never change, but he is fun to read.

Forum List

Back