Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

If you do not support the wars there is no way you can support the troops
They are there because they choose to be there, by choice this means they support what we are doing
If your against what we are doing then what is the difference in the troop and me? except for there service?
You fundamentally don't understand the role of the military in this country. It is not the troops job to decide if they are deployed or what the mission is. That is the job of the legislative and executive branches. When the troops go, it is their job to kick ass and accomplish the mission. They have done that admirably given the parameters they had and the challenges they faced in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and ever other conflict they engaged in. I support them doing that, admire what they did, and thank them for what they accomplished in my behalf. If you think that's not supporting them then fuck you all day long and twice on Sundays.

I want to change the mission. I want to leave conflicts that aren't ours. But while they are there, I do not want to tie their hands. I certainly don't want to tear them down to the direct benefit of the enemy they are fighting as you do. You are what's wrong, providing aid and comfort to the enemy so you can get more welfare from the government and get someone else to pay for your charity. I want a different way regardless of who's in the White House. You just want a Democrat in the White House. As I said, fundamentally different.

fuck you?
we are done in Iraq
you have left the reservation also, even if I did not work 60+ hours a week and have for 35 years, its none of our fucking business if I was on welfare
man the truth hurts to the bone
those kids who by choice joined the US marines after 3/2002 knew where they were headed
You tell me they did not know that?
what your saying is those kids are not smart enough to realize that if you joined after 3-2003, Iraq maybe your new home
Are you kidding me? and then attack my character?
Dude if you do not like the truth, you might want to re evaluate the way you see these things, dont blame me for the way you feel

Those kids joined knowing whee it was headed
thats
I bolded the salient points for you on the discussion. As for the welfare, I was arguing with multiple people and if I mixed you up I apologize for that. I'll try to pay closer attention to what you personally argued.

You fundamentally don't understand the role of the military in this country. It is not the troops job to decide if they are deployed or what the mission is. That is the job of the legislative and executive branches. When the troops go, it is their job to kick ass and accomplish the mission. They have done that admirably given the parameters they had and the challenges they faced in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and ever other conflict they engaged in. I support them doing that, admire what they did, and thank them for what they accomplished in my behalf. If you think that's not supporting them then fuck you all day long and twice on Sundays.

I want to change the mission. I want to leave conflicts that aren't ours. But while they are there, I do not want to tie their hands. I certainly don't want to tear them down to the direct benefit of the enemy they are fighting as you do. You are what's wrong, providing aid and comfort to the enemy so you can get more welfare from the government and get someone else to pay for your charity. I want a different way regardless of who's in the White House. You just want a Democrat in the White House. As I said, fundamentally different.

fuck you?
we are done in Iraq
you have left the reservation also, even if I did not work 60+ hours a week and have for 35 years, its none of our fucking business if I was on welfare
those kids who by choice joined the US marines after 3/2002 knew where they were headed
what your saying is those kids are not smart enough to realize that if you joined after 3-2003, Iraq maybe your new home
Dude if you do not like the truth, you might want to re evaluate the way you see these things, dont blame me for the way you feel

thats
I bolded the salient points for you on the discussion. As for the welfare, I was arguing with multiple people and if I mixed you up I apologize for that. I'll try to pay closer attention to what you personally argued.

Look The whole thing with the kids and the wars is very personal to every-one as it should be
My issue is with how we judge a 18 year old kid as though he cannot think for his or her self as it pertains to the events in Iraq or any where else.
Syria? now there is an example of the troops (pilots) doing what there told
Vietnam? basically the same

But in Iraq no matter how bad it hurts those who are against it. those kids knew
There was no surprises
the commitment to obtain victory was never in doubt
All I have ever said is that same kid hears any-one saying we have no business in Iraq, Bush lied, radical Islam is taking over, on and on and at the end say, "but we still support you, the troop that by choice went over there to fight"

fuck you?
we are done in Iraq

thats

Look The whole thing with the kids and the wars is very personal to every-one as it should be
My issue is with how we judge a 18 year old kid as though he cannot think for his or her self as it pertains to the events in Iraq or any where else.

But in Iraq no matter how bad it hurts those who are against it. those kids knew
There was no surprises
All I have ever said is that same kid hears any-one saying we have no business in Iraq, Bush lied, radical Islam is taking over, on and on and at the end say, "but we still support you, the troop that by choice went over there to fight"

What?
I haven't seen any post on this thread condemning the troops.
Feel free to put me straight though.

fuck you?
we are done in Iraq

thats

There was no surprises

What?

I have seen many that cannot be read any other way
An 18 year old kid joins the marines in 2006 do you think for one minute he thinks about the Iraq war the same you do?
and then he is told about this message board ans comes on here and reads the stuff some of you put on here while at the same time you claim to support this same guy?
Okay

fuck you?
we are done in Iraq

thats

There was no surprises

What?

An 18 year old kid joins the marines in 2006 do you think for one minute he thinks about the Iraq war the same you do?
and then he is told about this message board ans comes on here and reads the stuff some of you put on here while at the same time you claim to support this same guy?
Okay

Did that 18 year-old kid start the war?

What?

Okay

Nope
he finished it
that's why he joined

and as far who started it
OBL and Saddam took care of that
Both god forgive me got what they deserved

Okay

Nope
he finished it
that's why he joined

and as far who started it
OBL and Saddam took care of that
Both god forgive me got what they deserved

Then, the war isn't his fault.

kaz said:
It is not the troops job to decide if they are deployed or what the mission is.

There was no surprises
Can you either READ my post or stop arguing it? I already bolded it. I'll make it red for you and enlarge it. You keep arguing a point with me which is irrelevant to my point. My brother and cousin were in Gulf War I. I'm the only male in my generation in either side of the family with no military experience. None of them get into the military for politics. They go to serve their country, which they love. Do they have opinions on politics? Yep. Is that why they are in the military? Why they go when they are deployed? How they make a decision if they will do as they are told or not? Nope. Would they join or leave the military based on the party? Nope. It's about their country. Period.

Last edited:
All of this means nothing.

The war was a failure. Iran grows closer to Iraq every day, and our soldiers have died for nothing

We agree we are against the wars. Where we differ is that I support the troops by supporting them and you and yours support the troops by heartening the enemy that if they keep it up we'll cut and run. I want a better solution, you want the Democrats behind the steering wheel. Amazing how two people with the same basic view on a situation can do it for night and day different reasons.

I support the troops coming home because the bushies lost Afghanistan in 2003, the Obamies could not turn the tide around, and most Americans want our boys and girls home. My position is an American best position.

All of this means nothing.

The war was a failure. Iran grows closer to Iraq every day, and our soldiers have died for nothing

We agree we are against the wars. Where we differ is that I support the troops by supporting them and you and yours support the troops by heartening the enemy that if they keep it up we'll cut and run. I want a better solution, you want the Democrats behind the steering wheel. Amazing how two people with the same basic view on a situation can do it for night and day different reasons.

To start with the war in IRAQ is over, okay?
If you do not support the wars there is no way you can support the troops
They are there because they choose to be there, by choice this means they support what we are doing
If your against what we are doing then what is the difference in the troop and me? except for there service?

Many of the troops don't support it; read on other boards. End of your silly argument there. Many among us who served in southeast Asia did not support the war; read it on the boards. End of your silly argument there.

The war is over, and we have lost. Iraq and Iran, our deadly ally, draw closer every day and there is nothing we can do about it.

Thanks, stupid progressive right-wing neo-cons.

kaz said:
It is not the troops job to decide if they are deployed or what the mission is.

There was no surprises
Can you either READ my post or stop arguing it? I already bolded it. I'll make it red for you and enlarge it. You keep arguing a point with me which is irrelevant to my point. My brother and cousin were in Gulf War I. I'm the only male in my generation in either side of the family with no military experience. None of them get into the military for politics. They go to serve their country, which they love. Do they have opinions on politics? Yep. Is that why they are in the military? Why they go when they are deployed? How they make a decision if they will do as they are told or not? Nope. Would they join or leave the military based on the party? Nope. It's about their country. Period.

Party?
what does any of this have to do with party?
who said anything about joining the service for politics?

Those kids after 3-2003 especially in the marines, rangers, etc.. knew where they where going
Here is the simple difference in the way a lib thinks and the way a conservative thinks

Your claim is a kid joins out of a passion to serve and the chance of serving in Iraq has nothing to do with it
in realville
Serving from 2001 till today has everything to do with Iraq and afgahn. Its what serving revolves around, Iraq is over, but from 03-recently it was mostly about that
When you went into that recruiters office you think the subject of Iraq did not come up?
you think a recruiter would have signed up a young man or woman if they said " I am totally against the war in Iraq. but I want to be a marine"
come on

JRK I think this is a great website for you to go to, Iraq veterans and other veterans heroically speaking out against the War in Iraq and our other wars.

Why We Are against the Wars | Iraq Veterans Against the War

I provided you the link that gives their reasons why they are against the war.

http://ivaw.org/contact-us

Now here's the contact page, you keep telling those of us who are anti-war to say it to a marine, well here's your chance to prove you aren't a hypocrite. You can call, fax or email these veterans and tell them that since they're against the wars than they also hate america and hate the troops, like you've been saying on this thread about everyone who's anti-war.

After you've contacted them, please tell the board what you said and how your discussion went.

Thank you

JRK I think this is a great website for you to go to, Iraq veterans and other veterans heroically speaking out against the War in Iraq and our other wars.

Contact | Iraq Veterans Against the War

Now here's the contact page, you keep telling those of us who are anti-war to say it to a marine, well here's your chance to prove you aren't a hypocrite. You can call, fax or email these veterans and tell them that since they're against the wars than they also hate america and hate the troops, like you've been saying on this thread about everyone who's anti-war.

After you've contacted them, please tell the board what you said and how your discussion went.

Thank you

Thank you

What I did and when I have done it is none of your business
call?
fax?
I just talked to a marine this morning about it
I dont need a web site to discuss something with people who have the same agenda you do for what ever reason
out of the 100s of thousands of people who have served I am sure there are some who think the same you do
50?
500?
The difference with you and I is I challenged you, I all have all ready been talking to seals and marines about this
Men and women with no agenda, that do not work for the DMC

You libs kill me with your spin
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Joining IVAW
Iraq Veterans Against the War is open to Active Duty, National Guard and Reservists who have served since 09/11/2001.
NATIONAL GUARD?
Yes they served and some gave it all
but you gave the impression this was all service, never mind
look its not the same and you know it

Last edited:

Thank you

call?
fax?
I dont need a web site to discuss something with people who have the same agenda you do for what ever reason
out of the 100s of thousands of people who have served I am sure there are some who think the same you do
50?
500?
The difference with you and I is I challenged you, I all have all ready been talking to seals and marines about this

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Joining IVAW
Iraq Veterans Against the War is open to Active Duty, National Guard and Reservists who have served since 09/11/2001.
NATIONAL GUARD?

Thanks for proving you're a hypocrite.

I'm shocked you'll only talk to people who agree with you.......................

You've been idiotically claiming that you have to support the wars to support troops, and you have to support our wars to love america.

You want me to talk to a marine who's pro-Iraq War and give you my testimony, but you won't talk to marines who are anti-Iraq War and tell them how they're anti-soldier and anti-america.

You're a coward and a hypocrite.

Thank you

call?
fax?
50?
500?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Joining IVAW
NATIONAL GUARD?

I'm shocked you'll only talk to people who agree with you.......................

You've been idiotically claiming that you have to support the wars to support troops, and you have to support our wars to love america.

You want me to talk to a marine who's pro-Iraq War and give you my testimony, but you won't talk to marines who are anti-Iraq War and tell them how they're anti-soldier and anti-america.

Drock go away
your a child
How do you think I found out the web site is national guard members you idiot
you have taken this personal and trying to make it that way
the facts will not change
the information remains the same

call?
fax?
50?
500?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Joining IVAW
NATIONAL GUARD?

Drock go away
your a child

You're the one who started with petty insults.

It's not just national guard members genius, it's members of all branches of the military.

Members | Iraq Veterans Against the War

Here's the members, Army/Navy/Marine/Air Force, people who joined while the war was going on and are against it.

Why don't you email them all individually and tell them they hate america and hate soldiers, or will you admit that you can be against a President's foreign policy decisions and still support soldiers?

Drock go away
your a child

It's not just national guard members genius, it's members of all branches of the military.

Here's the members, Army/Navy/Marine/Air Force, people who joined while the war was going on and are against it.

Why don't you email them all individually and tell them they hate america and hate soldiers, or will you admit that you can be against a President's foreign policy decisions and still support soldiers?

Try and find a thread were I insulted you
all I have been doing is providing links Drock and my opinion as it goes to the troops

I must be wrong
the 500,000 kids that joined the marines after 2004 hated bush and were dead against the war
you happy now?
I mean really does that not make so much sense?

Drock go away
your a child

Try and find a thread were I insulted you
all I have been doing is providing links Drock and my opinion as it goes to the troops

I must be wrong
the 500,000 kids that joined the marines after 2004 hated bush and were dead against the war
you happy now?
I mean really does that not make so much sense?

I'll ask one more time and please answer this honestly;

If someone doesn't support the Iraq war are they anti-soldier and anti-america?

Forum List

Back