Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

Oh, it's from the Freepers! That's much better than tommyduggan.com! :))

Now back to my question:

We are to believe that the US government has real time satellite photos of weapons being removed from a warehouse near Baghdad, loaded up on trucks and sent to Syria? This is what you are saying?

My place in life is to take information that never gets seen and putting it up against information that at best is 1/2 truth

Well that makes it a 1/2 times more truthful than what you post.

The dead would call it a failure. The children without parents would call it a failure. The maimed would call it a failure. And if we are so callous we ignore the unnecessary deaths, our entire society materially would call it a failure for its great waste.

Once Upon a Time...: Trapped in the Wrong Paradigm: Three Handy Rules

"I repeat: the entire war and occupation are immoral. If you criticize the Bush administration on the grounds that it "bungled" the war, this leaves one, and only one, inevitable implication: if they had prosecuted the war and occupation "competently," then you would have no complaints whatsoever. That is: you think the invasion and occupation of Iraq were justified and moral. If that's what you actually think, you belong in the Bush camp. You're arguing over managerial style, and about issues that are entirely trivial."

A team of American and Iraqi epidemiologists estimates that 655,000 more people have died in Iraq since coalition forces arrived in March 2003 than would have died if the invasion had not occurred."

'The Missing Moral Center: Murdering the Innocent'

"If you have ever wondered how a serial murderer -- a murderer who is sane and fully aware of the acts he has committed -- can remain steadfastly convinced of his own moral superiority and show not even the slightest glimmer of remorse, you should not wonder any longer."

Once Upon a Time...: We Are Not Freaks
The Sacred Moment: Essays Based on the Work of Alice Miller

"Iraq did not attack us. Iraq did not threaten us. Our leaders knew it. Our invasion and occupation of Iraq were blatant, indefensible acts of aggression. Therefore, when the very first Iraqi was killed as the result of our actions, we had committed an act that was gravely immoral, and entirely unforgivable. Yet even now, most Americans desperately cling to the notion that our actions might still be redeemed."

Once Upon a Time...: The Missing Moral Center: Murdering the Innocent

Why would anyone debate opinions?
This is where you on the left do not get it
This is why my threads as well as my links are information based

Debate?
murdering the innocent people?
without Saddam and 9-11 does this event ever occur? W was the last man standing, the problem with Saddam and terror had been going on for along time
Occupation? what occupation?
the green zone?

Most of your threads link to blogs and op-eds which are based on other peoples OPINIONS. Every debate that you have started is about debating OPINIONS. To try and claim otherwise is beyond absurd.

Last edited:
Why would anyone debate opinions?
This is where you on the left do not get it
This is why my threads as well as my links are information based

Debate?
murdering the innocent people?
without Saddam and 9-11 does this event ever occur? W was the last man standing, the problem with Saddam and terror had been going on for along time
Occupation? what occupation?
the green zone?

Sure Saddam was a bad guy, but was it really in our national interest to go in just for that? Are you now going to call for an invasion of NK?

Look Saddam was the reason for the season
with respect
the left puts out propaganda so the details of the events become bush lied people died

Saddam lied
Saddam had 10 years to clean his act up
this is from the UN 11/2002
Saddam had been lying for 10 years

####Clearly Saddam was in violation of the cease fire agreement

Chemical
The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for.

Bilogical
Iraq has declared that it produced about 8,500 litres of this biological warfare agent, which it states it unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. Iraq has provided little evidence for this production and no convincing evidence for its destruction.

There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared, and that at least some of this was retained after the declared destruction date. It might still exist. Either it should be found and be destroyed under UNMOVIC supervision or else convincing evidence should be produced to show that it was, indeed, destroyed in 1991.

As I reported to the Council on 19 December last year, Iraq did not declare a significant quantity, some 650 kg, of bacterial growth media, which was acknowledged as imported in Iraq’s submission to the Amorim panel in February 1999. As part of its 7 December 2002 declaration, Iraq resubmitted the Amorim panel document, but the table showing this particular import of media was not included. The absence of this table would appear to be deliberate as the pages of the resubmitted document were renumbered.

Missiles
Two projects in particular stand out. They are the development of a liquid-fuelled missile named the Al Samoud 2, and a solid propellant missile, called the Al Fatah. Both missiles have been tested to a range in excess of the permitted range of 150 km, with the Al Samoud 2 being tested to a maximum of 183 km and the Al Fatah to 161 km. Some of both types of missiles have already been provided to the Iraqi Armed Forces even though it is stated that they are still undergoing development.

Update 27 January 2003

he was lying then, 13 months after 9-11

You do realize that throughout the 80s and the iran-iraq war reagan's administration was offering support to saddam's iraq don't you? So based on your so-called logic if reagan had stayed out of it and allowed iran to defeat iraq saddam wouldn't have been a problem.

I say we pull out all troops out of iraq right now cold turkey. If the country gets taken over by whoever so be it. If those people cant stand up for themselves then they DONT WANT FREEDOM. Secondly, Afghanistan. UNWINNABLE. What are we fighting for? Cant answer that one can you?
Libya? Again, what are we fighting for?
I will PROUDLY SAY IT...all three of these endeavors are/were unnecessary. Since the iraq war I have not flown my flag.....makes me a bad guy doesnt it? Yes I am PROUD of it.

Iraq was the first domino to fall. This just can't be denied. The rest are now following. And Libya is no different than Iraq. I know the usual suspects keep trying to spin their Libyan War as being so different but it just isn't. Bombing & Killing is Bombing & Killing. Now Gaddafi must go? Yes,and now we're sending our drones in to kill him and his family. So hop off your high horses people. Libya is Iraq. Stop kidding yourselves.

Iraq was the first domino to fall. This just can't be denied. The rest are now following. And Libya is no different than Iraq. I know the usual suspects keep trying to spin their Libyan War as being so different but it just isn't. Bombing & Killing is Bombing & Killing. Now Gaddafi must go? Yes,and now we're sending our drones in to kill him and his family. So hop off your high horses people. Libya is Iraq. Stop kidding yourselves.

I truly believe that W did a much better job in Iraq
as has been stated many times here by the left
Obama is doing just that
run him off or kill him and do not worry about the outcome

Look at how many civilians Obama has killed in Pakistan

Yea it's so bizarre watching people spinning so-called differences between Iraq & Libya. The only difference is that one had an 'R' by his name and the other has a 'D' by his. They want Gaddafi and his family dead. And now they're sending drones in to do this. So people really do need to hop off their high horses on this stuff. If you're cheerleading for murdering Gaddafi and his family,you have no right to pretend you're somehow better than those you demonize. In fact those who supported the Iraq War also support this Libyan War. They are actually more honest than those who supposedly opposed the Iraq War but are now big cheerleaders for this Libyan War. Hey just my observations anyway.

If you're cheerleading for murdering Gaddafi and his Family,you have no right to think you're any better than those who supported the Iraq War. If you think you're better,you really are only deluding yourself.

If you're cheerleading for murdering Gaddafi and his Family,you have no right to think you're any better than those who supported the Iraq War. If you think you're better,you really are only deluding yourself.

your right , why should we protect human lives ? if a dictator wants to kill his own people ? let him their his .
as for his family ? who want to kill his family ? oh ya his son ,. but his sons as bad as he is . but really we should just let those people make it or lose on their own .

Iraq did nothing to us , had nothing to do with any attacks . yet look what the republican did and cost . not just in human life not just in American life , but money !
they still are using car bombs on each other .

why did we go in ?

You knopw how they work. One of them makes up some line of bs,

You mean someone like George Phillips, shit fer brains?
"Iraq Body Count (IBC) recorded 4,038 civilian deaths from violence in 2010 (compared to 4,686 in 2009).

"Evidence of these deaths was extracted from some 8,250 distinct reports collected from 143 sources, covering 1,624 incidents, each of which is openly published on the IBC website.

"These numbers represent a verifiable documentary record, not estimates (for some partially estimated figures, see the 'WikiLeaks' section below)."

Civilian deaths from violence in 2010 :: Iraq Body Count

How much of the 2010 violence in Iraq stems directly from US state-sponsored terror?

How much money has Wall Street "earned" from US terrorism?

You knopw how they work. One of them makes up some line of bs,

"Iraq Body Count (IBC) recorded 4,038 civilian deaths from violence in 2010 (compared to 4,686 in 2009).

"Evidence of these deaths was extracted from some 8,250 distinct reports collected from 143 sources, covering 1,624 incidents, each of which is openly published on the IBC website.

"These numbers represent a verifiable documentary record, not estimates (for some partially estimated figures, see the 'WikiLeaks' section below)."

How much of the 2010 violence in Iraq stems directly from US state-sponsored terror?

make no difference it cost us billion a week increast our debt to china a hell of a lt . lost American lives .
[I put it in that order so you coud apresheate it ]

Iraq never attacked us , Afghanistan did , Husein told bush he had no WMDs but W want to get an easy victory , what happened .

we had no justification on the invasion ,

how much of a success do you see ?
its still more tribal more secular then ever , car bombs are still killing people .

do you still have the picture of W claiming victory on board a navy ship ?

you repig whine about Libya but Iraq didn't do anything to us either .

Some people really are funny. Some are running around cheerleading for murdering Gaddafi and his Family,yet these people really do feel they're so much better than those they criticize daily. Well guess what? They're not any better. If you can root for murdering a man and his Family,you can't claim any sort of 'higher ground.' It is what it is.

make no difference it cost us billion a week increast our debt to china a hell of a lt . lost American lives .

Iraq never attacked us , Afghanistan did , Husein told bush he had no WMDs but W want to get an easy victory , what happened .

its still more tribal more secular then ever , car bombs are still killing people .

there are 100s of murders in this country daily
what does that have to do with us being in Iraq?
thats my point

and as far as the way they behave as a free country
thats there business
they can make change allot more than they could 10 years ago

Some people really are funny. Some are running around cheerleading for murdering Gaddafi and his Family,yet these people really do feel they're so much better than those they criticize daily. Well guess what? They're not any better. If you can root for murdering a man and his Family,you can't claim any sort of 'higher ground.' It is what it is.

we took 12 years and 18 months after 9-11 to make that choice
We still have no idea why this thing with Gaddafi is going on

Baghdad to Damascus: No Way Back

"Damascus quickly became a kaleidoscope of Iraqis from different sects, backgrounds, cities and political viewpoints, arriving and settling into three main areas - Jeramaneh, Saida Zeynab and Sahnaiya - to wait out the war.

"Many were poor, but there were middle-class people, too. According to the UN, 40 per cent of Iraq's professional families fled the country, forced out by kidnappings and intercommunal warfare...

In June of 2010 the UN estimated 1.5 million Iraqis were still living abroad, preferring the life of a refugee to what their homeland had to offer.

"'I waited until after the elections because I thought things would get better but they're getting worse again,' said Umm Omar, 30, an English literature student and mother of two who arrived in Syria in July(2010).

"She has registered as a UN refugee, hoping, in what is effectively a lottery, to win resettlement in Europe.

"Determined not to abandon her home, Umm Omar had weathered the storm of violence in Baghdad when it peaked in 2006 but said the time had come to give up on Iraq entirely. 'It was a combination of things that made me finally decide,' she explained. 'The security is worse than they say it is.

"'There are no public services, no jobs.

"'You can't drink the water'.

"'There's no electricity and the politicians are only interested in themselves. There is only so much you can tolerate. 'In Iraq, we live like animals, not human beings.'"

And draft dodgers like Bill Clinton, Dick Cheney and Dubya get filthier and richer from their misery.

I'm sure they consider OIL a roaring success.

Baghdad to Damascus, a road with no way back - The National

In recent days i have observed many cheerleading for murdering Gaddafi and his Family. Our Government is now sending in drones to do this. If you can openly cheerlead for killing a man and his Family,you are a cold cold S.O.B. You can't claim any sort of higher ground. This Libyan War is a disgrace. It is unjust and probably illegal. Our Nation should not have gotten involved with their Civil War. It's just wrong.

Tell it to Duhhhrrrrsmith.

He says it's a line of BS made up by the right.

BTW, you know full well that 90% +++ of the deaths are Muslim on Muslim violence.

In addition thats probably no where near what the murder rate per year in this country is
I will look and see

Forum List

Back