Why would Turkey, a long time NATO member, be a threat to NATO operations?

exactly, because back then, the state was run by many people and institutions with all different opinions, not by just erdogan himself like it is today...
I believe it was a Motherland Party government before Erdogan was elected PM. Very nationalist, not interventionist.

erdogan needed US support to gain the power he posses now and was willing to give everything and anything in return, including a full fledged war in iraq...
Türkiye already had immense U.S. support when Erdogan arrived. He then diminished it in a series of actions.

The only time U.S.-Turkish relations ever dipped was whenever that asshole Bob Dole would rail against them, or threatened them.

US-erdogan relations deteriorated when cia backed islamist extremist gulenist movement straight out of pennsylvania turned against erdogan trying to remove him from power through a series of corruption charges against erdogan, his family and close circle...

up until that point, erdogan was willing to the US biddings in any form or shape...

' Now with just weeks left in office, and with lawmakers pressing for action, the Trump administration appears to be acting on one of the most serious disputes, sanctioning Ankara for its purchase of the Russian-made S-400 air-defense system, which is seen as a threat to the F-35 fighter-jet program and to NATO operations.'...With weeks left in office, the Trump administration is doing a 180-degree turn on a frustrating NATO ally
Trump is just butt hurt, the Turks bought Russian hardware, after he went along with Erdogon and the Russians on invasion against our allies, with Erdogon getting what he wanted, the Russians getting what they wanted and now getting the big military supply contracts, while all trump got was scorn for allowing that cross border invasion by our military that served in that region and all who support international law and dislike totalitarian rulers, which is most of the people in our country and the world.

How'd the Kurds make out? They all dead like you predicted?

Never predicted they would all die. Some did, but the Kurds come from ancient people that have or will survive as a culture.

' Now with just weeks left in office, and with lawmakers pressing for action, the Trump administration appears to be acting on one of the most serious disputes, sanctioning Ankara for its purchase of the Russian-made S-400 air-defense system, which is seen as a threat to the F-35 fighter-jet program and to NATO operations.'...With weeks left in office, the Trump administration is doing a 180-degree turn on a frustrating NATO ally
Trump is just butt hurt, the Turks bought Russian hardware, after he went along with Erdogon and the Russians on invasion against our allies, with Erdogon getting what he wanted, the Russians getting what they wanted and now getting the big military supply contracts, while all trump got was scorn for allowing that cross border invasion by our military that served in that region and all who support international law and dislike totalitarian rulers, which is most of the people in our country and the world.

sto pthe babble shit--no one is butt hurt like you are

exactly, because back then, the state was run by many people and institutions with all different opinions, not by just erdogan himself like it is today...
I believe it was a Motherland Party government before Erdogan was elected PM. Very nationalist, not interventionist.

no, it was a coalition of multiple parties headed by the secular left leaning party but included a hard core nationalist party in the ranks, which is now a part of erdogans coalition...

i know, its all messy too keep track of...

erdogan needed US support to gain the power he posses now and was willing to give everything and anything in return, including a full fledged war in iraq...
Türkiye already had immense U.S. support when Erdogan arrived. He then diminished it in a series of actions.

The only time U.S.-Turkish relations ever dipped was whenever that asshole Bob Dole would rail against them, or threatened them.

US-erdogan relations deteriorated when cia backed islamist extremist gulenist movement straight out of pennsylvania turned against erdogan trying to remove him from power through a series of corruption charges against erdogan, his family and close circle...

up until that point, erdogan was willing to the US biddings in any form or shape...
Dude, that was 2016.

Get your head out of your ass.

How many more do you need?
4i6Ckte.gif

1607802940465.png

Dude, that was 2016.

december 17-25...
world probably have never seen anything like that before...

look, i am trying to be nice against all your ignorance here...
you should stop trying to push my patience...

Dude, that was 2016.

december 17-25...

Holy shit you're stupid!
4i6Ckte.gif

2016 Turkish coup d'état attempt - Wikipedia

Correction: AKP (The Justice and Development Party), which is an Islamist Party and national identity Party.

The Justice and Development Party (Turkish: Adalet ve Kalkınma Partisi), abbreviated officially AK Parti in Turkish as an acronym, is a conservative political party in Turkey. The party is considered by some to be Islamist, accusations the party itself strongly denies.[29] Developed from the conservative tradition of Turkey's Ottoman past and its Islamic identity,[30] the party is the largest in Turkey.

Dude, that was 2016.

december 17-25...

Holy shit you're stupid!
4i6Ckte.gif

2016 Turkish coup d'état attempt - Wikipedia

in 2013 gulenist prosecutors tried to bring corruption charges against erdogan, his family and his close circle...

their plan was to surgically remove erdogan from power and take over...

when that didnt work out, they planned a military coup in 2016 which was executed in an ill manner because secular part of the military didnt comply...

if you want to listen and learn, fine...

if not, you can go fuck your ignorant self too...

up to you...

Correction: AKP (The Justice and Development Party), which is an Islamist Party and national identity Party.

The Justice and Development Party (Turkish: Adalet ve Kalkınma Partisi), abbreviated officially AK Parti in Turkish as an acronym, is a conservative political party in Turkey. The party is considered by some to be Islamist, accusations the party itself strongly denies.[29] Developed from the conservative tradition of Turkey's Ottoman past and its Islamic identity,[30] the party is the largest in Turkey.

motherland party was in the coalition before erdogan that i already explained...

stop googling stuff around...

you dont even know what to google for...

motherland party was in the coalition before erdogan that i already explained...

I was referring to which Party the PM before Erdogan belonged to. It was Abdullah Gul, who was AKP, not Motherland.

I was referring to which Party the PM before Erdogan belonged to. It was Abdullah Gul, who was AKP, not Motherland.

up to you, whatever you want to do with this now...
i was trying to be nice and you have been nothing but an ignorant bitch...

'President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in a statement he made in 2016 on the issue, "We do not want to fall into the mistake made in Iraq in Syria. I was with the March 1 bill, those who opposed it did not say it openly. Someone also threw secret lobbying. You will find out who those people are. 1 March motion for the first time accepted and Turkey, were in Iraq, the situation in Iraq was not the case. March 1 memorandum was passed, the first time, Turkey would be on the table "the assessment found'

'President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in a statement he made in 2016 on the issue, "We do not want to fall into the mistake made in Iraq in Syria. I was with the March 1 bill,

Thank you for confirming what I said in the beginning of this thread: Erdogan was AGAINST using Incirlik to launch attacks on Iraq. I win again!
4i6Ckte.gif

Turkey rejects U.S. troop proposal
Baghdad starts destroying banned missiles
Saturday, March 1, 2003 Posted: 9:49 PM EST (0249 GMT)

ANKARA, Turkey (CNN) -- Turkey's parliament failed to pass a proposal Saturday to allow more than 60,000 U.S. troops to operate from Turkish bases and ports in the event of a war with Iraq.

The parliament adjourned after an initial vote showed 264 lawmakers favoring the measure -- three fewer than needed for passage -- 250 opposing and 19 abstaining.

After the proposal failed to gain a majority vote, Turkish Prime Minister Abdullah Gul declared it had been "rejected." The 267 votes sought represents half of the 533 lawmakers who voted, plus one.

The parliament is to reconvene Tuesday, but the fate of the contentious measure is uncertain.

The proposal has little popular support in Turkey. Hundreds of thousands of protesters rallied Saturday in downtown Ankara. Public opinion polls show more than 90 percent of Turks oppose a U.S.-led war against Iraq.

The United States has offered $6 billion in economic aid to offset fears that war could devastate Turkey's economy. Refusal to participate could have severely limited Turkey's role during a war and in a post-war Iraq.

U.S. troop ships are waiting offshore and out of sight of the Turkish port of Iskenderun. U.S. officials have said they were confident Turkey would be the point of origin for a northern front in a war with Iraq. (Full story)

'President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in a statement he made in 2016 on the issue, "We do not want to fall into the mistake made in Iraq in Syria. I was with the March 1 bill,

Thank you for confirming what I said in the beginning of this thread: Erdogan was AGAINST using Incirlik to launch attacks on Iraq. I win again!
4i6Ckte.gif

Turkey rejects U.S. troop proposal
Baghdad starts destroying banned missiles
Saturday, March 1, 2003 Posted: 9:49 PM EST (0249 GMT)

ANKARA, Turkey (CNN) -- Turkey's parliament failed to pass a proposal Saturday to allow more than 60,000 U.S. troops to operate from Turkish bases and ports in the event of a war with Iraq.

The parliament adjourned after an initial vote showed 264 lawmakers favoring the measure -- three fewer than needed for passage -- 250 opposing and 19 abstaining.

After the proposal failed to gain a majority vote, Turkish Prime Minister Abdullah Gul declared it had been "rejected." The 267 votes sought represents half of the 533 lawmakers who voted, plus one.

The parliament is to reconvene Tuesday, but the fate of the contentious measure is uncertain.

The proposal has little popular support in Turkey. Hundreds of thousands of protesters rallied Saturday in downtown Ankara. Public opinion polls show more than 90 percent of Turks oppose a U.S.-led war against Iraq.

The United States has offered $6 billion in economic aid to offset fears that war could devastate Turkey's economy. Refusal to participate could have severely limited Turkey's role during a war and in a post-war Iraq.

U.S. troop ships are waiting offshore and out of sight of the Turkish port of Iskenderun. U.S. officials have said they were confident Turkey would be the point of origin for a northern front in a war with Iraq. (Full story)

i gave you the proof that erdogan was for the iraq war,
and rather than shoving it up your head,
you decided to shove it up your ass...

its your life,
its your choice...

i gave you the proof that erdogan was for the iraq war
Dude - you just posted a quote from Erdogan saying that he was WITH the March 1 vote.

I then showed that the March 1 vote was against the U.S. using Incirlik AB for attacks against Iraq.

I win, you lose.

i gave you the proof that erdogan was for the iraq war
Dude - you just posted a quote from Erdogan saying that he was WITH the March 1 vote.

I then showed that the March 1 vote was against the U.S. using Incirlik AB for attacks against Iraq.

I win, you lose.

no idiot... :)

you dont even know what march 1 bill was...

it was a bill where erdogan was asking for the rights to station a foreign army in turkish borders from the parliament... so he could allow us troops to northern iraq and move turkish troops along with them...

and parliament turned it down...

so he is saying he was for the the march 1st bill, which is his bill to begin with... :D

"because" he says, that would secure a seat for him on the table after the war where he was planning to grab some spoils...

i told you not to shove it up your ass and make a fool of yourself...
use your head instead...

Forum List

Back