Will new and improved Republicans be the OLD Grand Old Party?

schmidlap

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2020
Addison 'Mitch' McConnell marked his ascendancy to party primacy with a swift and solemn eulogy, signaling little tolerance for remnants of the cult:

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 8.51.26 AM.png

"This was an intensifying crescendo of conspiracy theories orchestrated by an outgoing president
who seemed determined to either overturn the voters' decision or else torch our institutions on the way out.
There is no question, none, that Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day...
Trump watched the events unfold on television as a mob was assaulting the Capitol in his name.

These criminals were carrying his banners, hanging his flags and screaming their loyalty to him."

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 8.35.11 AM.png

"You're just burstin' for a chance to
tinkle on my funeral pyre, Buster!"

So, the absconder having, after only one, twice-impeached, term, cost the Republican Party control of the House and McConnell's Senate as well as the Executive, Mitch has his work cut out for him, and he did not endear himself to the residue of lickspittles whose binky he twice openly savaged for spreading electoral conspiracy lies and wee-weeing up the goons who ravaged the Capitol.

Just as the American People, at their first opportunity, banished the blight and enthusiastically embraced a return to normalcy, I suspect that many Republicans are eager to see their traditional, conservative values restored. The wily old bluegrasser has himself one doozy of a fixer-upper!

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 9.06.09 AM.png

THIS IS THE HOUSE THAT TRUMP BUILT.

....hahahhaha--Biden and Harris are destroying America--fast....Mr Trump was trying to protect it
...illegals/refugees/etc!!! you have to be a real dumbass to not realize that is bad for the US
etc

So amusing watching the moonbats drop to their knees and suck Bushbot neocon dick.

The democrats, especially union voters, who voted for Xiden expecting prosperity got kicked in the teeth by his "Green New Deal" policies. The Xidens love that Chinese cash, so expect the US to lose even more jobs to China.
I'm waiting for Solyndra-2 and more $billions thrown into the black hole known as "renewable energy".
All the Xiden admin does is kill energy jobs, they can't create any.
Epic Fail. Come on 2022 and 2024!!

....hahahhaha--Biden and Harris are destroying America--fast....Mr Trump was trying to protect it
...illegals/refugees/etc!!! you have to be a real dumbass to not realize that is bad for the US
etc
Yes, vestigial Trumpers will persist in spouting such revilements, of course, but McConnell's elevated roll may presage a return to adult supervision in conservative politics.

etc
Yes, vestigial Trumpers will persist in spouting such revilements, of course, but McConnell's elevated roll may presage a return to adult supervision in conservative politics.
..you, also, are great at babbling ----TDS will live FOREVER
hahahahhahahahah

The democrats, especially union voters, who voted for Xiden expecting prosperity got kicked in the teeth by his "Green New Deal" policies. The Xidens love that Chinese cash, so expect the US to lose even more jobs to China.
I'm waiting for Solyndra-2 and more $billions thrown into the black hole known as "renewable energy".
..they kill jobs and then bring in MORE workers!!!! - IDIOCY

..you, also, are great at babbling ----TDS will live FOREVER
hahahahhahahahah
Yes, try to stop parroting the usual cant, and speculate as to McConnell's elevation in the GOP that has just suffered the loss of House, Senate, and Executive.

ANY party that includes or supports McConnell, the seven traitors, or any of their followers is not one whose candidate I can support for dog catcher, never mind POTUS.

IF that group, along with Haley and the other backstabbing conspirators form their own party, or caucus inside the Republican Party, they will find themselves in the fight of their lives (one way or another).

Try again, and make sense if you can...

The democrats...
No, you appear to be still missing it, I'm afraid.

Maybe if you try taking it in a syllable at a time:

TOPIC: will new and improved re-pub-li-cans be the OLD grand old party?

Yes, it’s time we finally purged the party of the globalist neocons and their “New World Order” bullshit.

These assholes that favored using cheap Chinese slave labor lead to our manufacturing sector being destroyed, while calling it “free trade”.
These assholes did nothing to secure the border and favored illegal immigration so corporations could use cheap labor in the states, driving wages down for Americans.
These assholes want indefinite wars overseas, for big military contracts, and to control most third world countries.

The Dems of course adopted all these and do them even better than the GOP, so they may as well join the Dems.

Meanwhile we need MAGA candidates that will stand up to China, and protect our manufacturing jobs.

MAGA candidates that will secure the border and curb immigration so our job market isn’t flooded with cheap third world labor in our own backyard, which will raise wages (naturally, not minimum wage nonsense).

MAGA candidates that will favor keeping the peace President Trump demonstrated we are perfectly capable of maintaining if we actually tried. To not attack countries that haven’t attacked us and pose no threat.

Just as the American People, at their first opportunity, banished the blight and enthusiastically embraced a return to normalcy, I suspect that many Republicans are eager to see their traditional, conservative values restored. The wily old bluegrasser has himself one doozy of a fixer-upper!
There's just no way to know this early on.

McConnell can't get away with transparently playing both sides of this forever, and that speech he gave after the trial started the clock ticking on him. I've seen a few Republicans (actual Republicans, not obedient Trumpsters) say the best thing to do now is let things calm down for a while. Maybe try to let it fade away, like a fever. Or a bad fart.

Right now I'm thinking it will be a race between how many Trumpsters wake up and peel away, and whether Trumpsters can shit-can people like McConnell. Right now the party is around 70% Trumpster, and that's a pretty bad place to start.

This is gonna be DAMN fascinating to watch.

:popcorn:

Addison 'Mitch' McConnell marked his ascendancy to party primacy with a swift and solemn eulogy, signaling little tolerance for remnants of the cult:

View attachment 457072
"This was an intensifying crescendo of conspiracy theories orchestrated by an outgoing president
who seemed determined to either overturn the voters' decision or else torch our institutions on the way out.
There is no question, none, that Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day...
Trump watched the events unfold on television as a mob was assaulting the Capitol in his name.

These criminals were carrying his banners, hanging his flags and screaming their loyalty to him."

View attachment 457069
"You're just burstin' for a chance to
tinkle on my funeral pyre, Buster!"

So, the absconder having, after only one, twice-impeached, term, cost the Republican Party control of the House and McConnell's Senate as well as the Executive, Mitch has his work cut out for him, and he did not endear himself to the residue of lickspittles whose binky he twice openly savaged for spreading electoral conspiracy lies and wee-weeing up the goons who ravaged the Capitol.

View attachment 457077
THIS IS THE HOUSE THAT TRUMP BUILT.
Moscow Mitch fucked himself and the rest of the party straight up the ass yesterday, and then said how guilty tRump was. He had the opportunity to rid the party of him, and didn't take it.

Forum List

Back