Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

Hey cry baby ...your party supports those that assassinate Doctors at women's clinics, your party wants women o undergo vaginal probes for political reasons...your party supports the bombing of women's clinics.......you wing nut...your party wing nut central

Idiocy and lies don't justify your quest to strip civil rights from American citizens.

You seek authoritarianism, where all are compelled by threat of violence to obey the party.

Liberty is the #1 enemy of leftism.

Their right to practice their religion is not infringed upon. They can still practice it all they want to. They chose to open a business and states can regulate intrastate commerce. If they want their business to be religious, they need to file for tax exempt status as a church...but then there goes the profit margin. Decisions, decisons.

I'd have a lot more respect for these folks the first time they refuse to bake a cake for an interfaith or divorced and remarrying couple...or maybe some fatties.

bingo

You're crazy.

Of course. Leftists have held that opposition to party goals is insanity since the days of Stalin. No doubt you would love to lock me in a force labor camp in Siberia to "treat" the mental illness of being an enemy of the party.

What makes you think these examples of violence are condoned, inspired or conducted by political forces?

{Ferguson, Missouri, police fostered a "highly toxic environment" of racism and misconduct that turned the city into a "powder keg" that was ready to explode after the fatal shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown last year, Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday — even though the officer who shot Brown was determined to have committed no crime.}

Holder Slams Ferguson Cops for Racist Money-Grubbing Practices - NBC News

{
“In too many parts of this country a deep distrust exists between law enforcement and communities of color,” he said. “We need to recognize that this is not just an issue for Ferguson. This is an issue for America.”

Obama would not commit to visiting Ferguson, telling reporters: “let’s take a look and see how things are going.”

He also took a swipe at media coverage of the grand jury announcement, where pictures of the scene in Missouri were airing on a split-screen with his speech. “There is inevitably going to be some negative reaction and it will make for good TV,” Obama said.

Read more: President Obama responds to Ferguson decision - POLITICO}

Both from left wing (Party) sources.

But, look at the abortion doctor killed at his breakfast table. That was pure politics

Last abortionist killed was in church. I don't recall anyone supporting the killer. Leftists lied - it's what you do, but there was no one excusing it at any level.

Or the 168 Oklahoma City residents blown to smithereens. That was pure politics.

The same anti-Jew, anti-Israel politics that Barack Obama is promoting today. Tim McVeigh would fit right in with the Obama administration.

Yinz guys got guns, anger and a void where morality resides. The Right Wing violence has a track record. Left wing violence is concocted by your feeble imagination.

We have guns, but violence is nearly always from the left.

The Bill is redundant. Gay Americans are not protected under Indiana's PA laws.

It's all for show.

Drama Queens.

I would like to point out that PA laws and whether they cover homosexuals or not doesn't matter.

Homosexuals didn't go to court to gain the right to marry using public accommodation laws. They used the constitution.

Which the constitution says that everyone must be treated equal under the law.

Indiana created a law that discriminates and doesn't treat people equal under the law.

So they're violating the 14th amendment. The PA laws really don't matter.

I would like to point out that PA laws and whether they cover homosexuals or not doesn't matter.

Homosexuals didn't go to court to gain the right to marry using public accommodation laws. They used the constitution.

Which the constitution says that everyone must be treated equal under the law.

Indiana created a law that discriminates and doesn't treat people equal under the law.

So they're violating the 14th amendment. The PA laws really don't matter.

I realize you are an assclown, ergo you have an IQ<40..

Still, what provision of the 14th do you allege support of the 1st Amendment violates?

This should be rich...

Not when it was put to a popular vote. Only state legislatures have approved it - in other words, a gang of scumbag politicians approved it.

Only state legislatures? You sure about that?

I just checked. There was one: Maine.

Check again.
According to Wiki there's one:

Same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Nope...Maine and Maryland.

Voters approve same-sex marriage for the first time - CNN.com

Marriage equality was on the ballot in my state in the 2012 election.

The people of my state voted and voted in a good majority for marriage equality.

So the people of Washington state spoke loud and proud, gay marriage will forever be legal in Washington. It wasn't done by a court or a state legislature. It was done by the vote of the people.

The people of my state voted and voted in a good majority for marriage equality.

So the people of Washington state spoke loud and proud, gay marriage will forever be legal in Washington. It wasn't done by a court or a state legislature. It was done by the vote of the people.

California voters voted against it. What happened there?

Hey cry baby ...your party supports those that assassinate Doctors at women's clinics, your party wants women o undergo vaginal probes for political reasons...your party supports the bombing of women's clinics.......you wing nut...your party wing nut central

Idiocy and lies don't justify your quest to strip civil rights from American citizens.

You seek authoritarianism, where all are compelled by threat of violence to obey the party.

Signing a bill into law, one passed by a legislature, which deprives a segment of the population of the same right available to the majority of citizens defines Authoritarianism.

Public market place, another invention of the left. Your public market place consist of PRIVATE businesses.
ROFL the left did not exist when the commerce clause was drafted. Thx for playing.

Have you actually read the commerce clause lately, the feds were never intended to interfere with individual businesses unless they were dealing across state lines, with foreign countries or indian tribes. The left is the cause of it being expanded beyond all reason.
That was before the civil war. After the war the fed had the leverage to force the states to do their bidding wrt. taking away our life, liberty, and property.

That said, I'm a fan of civil rights. And I'm a fan of the idea that we should all have the liberty to partake in the public market. I'm also a fan of private businesses having the right to buy and sell privately, such as through barter, trade, and even monetary exchanges for access to private benefits. Just don't advertise for public sale. For example, if you are a church it's ok to charge for weddings to members of the church, but it's not ok to advertise to the public the sale of wedding services then deny because the couple is black or gay etc.

Nothing in the commerce clause has been changed, that would require an Amendment. The courts have bastardized it beyond all recognition. What you should have said is you're a fan of civil rights as long as they conform to your ideas. A business owner doesn't surrender his/her rights just by virtue of opening a business.
Apparently you are confused by interstate highways, state to state travel, online sales, and most of all you are confused by the difference between private company with products for private sale, and opening a business that wants to sell to the public at large, only not to just anyone in the public but rather only to the portion of the public that you like. If you want to pick and choose your customers, do it through private selection, just don't put up a sign that says open to the public come on in and buy my goods, then turn around the blacks and gays as they come through your door.

If you had actually read my post I haven't advocated denying anything to people who walk through your door. The only thing I have advocated is not participating in events that are objectionable outside the the physical business, assuming the business doesn't provide the venue for the event. If the business provides wedding services or a reception/party hall, they should be able to reject any event the object to whether it's gays, KKK or black panthers. That being said, I think if a business, such as a bakery or photography studio, wants to commit suicide by refusing people inside their doors by refusing customers, let them, the market will decide if they survive. The one thing that is available now that wasn't in the past is the internet, people have the ability to check out a company before they ever do business with them and have access to customer ratings.

Like I said earlier, the values that give you the freedom to be you, include my freedom to be free from you, doesn't matter if it's in my personal or professional life.

Repercussions. You're afraid of repercussions.

But the violent criminal acts you describe aren't really in the realm of probability. But the scorn the community would hold you and your business, the loss of sales due to your bigotry, the way you would be ostracized, that's what really frightens you.

You claim you would face physical violence, but it's the economic loss that is most frightening.

A prominent sign citing you 'religious' beliefs prevent you from conducting business with any and all American citizens should be absolutely required. Such a posting warns those who believe all men are created equal that here is a public business that fails to live up to that ideal.

The sign should proudly explain the rationalization used by the bigoted business.

It should read: "My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ preached "Judge not lest ye be judged". Therefore, we reserve the right to refuse service to deviant Homosexuals"

That seems fair for everyone.

You leftists are the most violent and evil group in human history. You've murdered 200 million peace time civilians in the 20th century alone. Every action your filthy party takes is based on the implied threat of violence. You seek to strip the most basic of civil liberty from people. One would be a fool not to be cautious of violence when the left is involved.

This is how your filthy party conducts an investigation of a police shooting;

140819-ferguson-jms-2101_7006485f15b78e374f38ddbd198de0b9.jpg

Only a fool fails to grasp that violence is the bedrock of leftism.
You're crazy. What makes you think these examples of violence are condoned, inspired or conducted by political forces?

But, look at the abortion doctor killed at his breakfast table. That was pure politics. Or the 168 Oklahoma City residents blown to smithereens. That was pure politics.

Yinz guys got guns, anger and a void where morality resides. The Right Wing violence has a track record. Left wing violence is concocted by your feeble imagination.

Sorry....most political violence in this country has been conducted by the political left....Oklahoma city is an exception and not the rule and it isn't even a good example of trying to make the bomber into a right winger.....

Signing a bill into law, one passed by a legislature, which deprives a segment of the population of the same right available to the majority of citizens defines Authoritarianism.

The 1st Amendment is already law, Comrade. You have no right to force others to serve you. Free people serve whom they choose, slave serve whom they are ordered to serve.

You leftists still demand slavery, 150 years after the Republicans kicked your ass on this issue the first time.

People are NOT your property to depose of as you please.

Hmmmmm...were you guys this worried when clinton and shumer signed the same thing in the 90s...since it is the same bill........

It was a different time

It would pass overwhelmingly in California today

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".
See how many Final Fours come back to Indianapolis. Superbowl? Forget it Mike

But at least you got to score points with your gay hating base

Republicans just can't help themselves.

Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com
The white christian party cries that they are being persecuted for their religion, and yet pass laws to making it OK discriminate against another group :cuckoo:

They are screaming for the right of their religion to persecute others

No, actually, they want the right to practice their religion....and that right is in the Bill of Rights, and if they don't want to make cakes for weddings that violate their religious beliefs then the founding document of this country codifies that that don't have to.....

Their right to practice their religion is not infringed upon. They can still practice it all they want to. They chose to open a business and states can regulate intrastate commerce. If they want their business to be religious, they need to file for tax exempt status as a church...but then there goes the profit margin. Decisions, decisons.

I'd have a lot more respect for these folks the first time they refuse to bake a cake for an interfaith or divorced and remarrying couple...or maybe some fatties.

So you're saying Indiana is well within their rights to pass this legislation, after all, it's within their powers to regulate intrastate commerce.

It was a different time

It would pass overwhelmingly in California today

Black democrats killed it in California......

Sorry....most political violence in this country has been conducted by the political left....Oklahoma city is an exception and not the rule and it isn't even a good example of trying to make the bomber into a right winger.....

I'm not even sure OKC is an exception. McVeigh was a JOOOOO hating nut job, not an advocate of free markets and civil rights.

He and Eric Holder espouse the same sort of rhetoric, death to Israel, the 1%, etc...

Forum List

Back