Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".
See how many Final Fours come back to Indianapolis. Superbowl? Forget it Mike

But at least you got to score points with your gay hating base

Republicans just can't help themselves.

Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com

Why are you so dishonest?

I support a business' right to serve whom they want, I don't hate gays. And this bill doesnt support hating gays either.

Hating gays is its sole reason for being
If not, why wasn't it introduced ten years ago?

No, its reason for being is to protect the rights of businesses. And it wasnt introduced 10 years ago, for the same reason no law is introduced until it is needed, because duh it wasn't needed. Ten years ago there weren't gays who were actively looking for businesses that they could coerce into serving them. Today there are.

And , I already know you are going to deny that there are such gays out there, so let me save you the trouble and just inform you now that I will have no part of a conversation with a person who makes such claims. If you want to discuss the issue, fine. If you want to pretend gays haven't forced this to the front, find someone else to scream at.

Come on Republicans

I know you love to pander to your gay hating base. But are you ever going to learn?

Indiana Governor Mike Pence is ready to sign into law a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays for "religious reasons" . All this ten days before the NCAA Final Four comes to Indianapolis. So what was once an opportunity to show the country what a great location his state is for major events, now becomes a poster child for "We hate gays".

Why are you so dishonest?

I support a business' right to serve whom they want, I don't hate gays. And this bill doesnt support hating gays either.

Hating gays is its sole reason for being
If not, why wasn't it introduced ten years ago?

No, its reason for being is to protect the rights of businesses. And it wasnt introduced 10 years ago, for the same reason no law is introduced until it is needed, because duh it wasn't needed. Ten years ago there weren't gays who were actively looking for businesses that they could coerce into serving them. Today there are.

And , I already know you are going to deny that there are such gays out there, so let me save you the trouble and just inform you now that I will have no part of a conversation with a person who makes such claims. If you want to discuss the issue, fine. If you want to pretend gays haven't forced this to the front, find someone else to scream at.

How do you coerce a business into not serving you?

Like blacks coercing at a lunch counter?

Maybe it's a good thing Indiana is doing it. It reinforces their core message: We believe in the right to discriminate against anyone we hate because we can pretend it violates our "religious beliefs" (trying to remember what Jesus said about treating other people...but nothing quite matches this charade). We also believe that we shouldn't force business' to disclose this by posting signs because those damn (insert group of choice: fags, blacks, Jews, Catholics, etc) deserve to be publically humiliated by being publically turned away. Let's remember, our important legislative achievement here is far more critical than passing a budget, fixing the infrastructure, improving the economy. Discrimmination is the Republican mantra these days - just insert disclaimer: religious liberty.
And make sure you get pics of you surrounded by people wearing "religious" garb.....but only Christian and Jewish religious garb.

Here's you in your gay pride outfit:

A_Dyke_on_a_Bike_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

Come on Republicans

The white christian party cries that they are being persecuted for their religion, and yet pass laws to making it OK discriminate against another group :cuckoo:

They are screaming for the right of their religion to persecute others

No, actually, they want the right to practice their religion....and that right is in the Bill of Rights, and if they don't want to make cakes for weddings that violate their religious beliefs then the founding document of this country codifies that that don't have to.....

Their right to practice their religion is not infringed upon. They can still practice it all they want to. They chose to open a business and states can regulate intrastate commerce. If they want their business to be religious, they need to file for tax exempt status as a church...but then there goes the profit margin. Decisions, decisons.

I'd have a lot more respect for these folks the first time they refuse to bake a cake for an interfaith or divorced and remarrying couple...or maybe some fatties.

So you're saying Indiana is well within their rights to pass this legislation, after all, it's within their powers to regulate intrastate commerce.

Yes. There are no federal protections for gays like there are for Christians. Are you saying you support PA laws that protect gays since they are passed at the state or local level?

The white christian party cries that they are being persecuted for their religion, and yet pass laws to making it OK discriminate against another group :cuckoo:

No, actually, they want the right to practice their religion....and that right is in the Bill of Rights, and if they don't want to make cakes for weddings that violate their religious beliefs then the founding document of this country codifies that that don't have to.....

Their right to practice their religion is not infringed upon. They can still practice it all they want to. They chose to open a business and states can regulate intrastate commerce. If they want their business to be religious, they need to file for tax exempt status as a church...but then there goes the profit margin. Decisions, decisons.

I'd have a lot more respect for these folks the first time they refuse to bake a cake for an interfaith or divorced and remarrying couple...or maybe some fatties.

So you're saying Indiana is well within their rights to pass this legislation, after all, it's within their powers to regulate intrastate commerce.

Yes. There are no federal protections for gays like there are for Christians. Are you saying you support PA laws that protect gays since they are passed at the state or local level?

I believe the laws which protect Christians are unconstitutional and wrong to. If a business doesn't way Christian customers, they shouldn't have to have them

Hey, nimrod. It was illegal in just about every state. But if you really want an example: DOMA, was anti-gay legislation signed by Bill Clinton, and supported by nearly every democrat.

DOMA was bad legislation demanded by Republicans

Thankfully, it was overturned by the courts.......most of it
Oh? Why did the democrats listen to republican demands? Why did Clinton bend over and sign it.

Why indeed? Could it have been a {GASP} compromise of some sort?
How do you know it was the democrats compromising and not the republicans? I can remember quite a few homophobic statements from Clinton, and Obama. How many times did they have to state that they believe in marriage being between a man and a woman? Was that a compromise too?

In June of 1996 Clinton states, “I remain opposed to same-sex marriage. I believe marriage is an institution for the union of a man and a woman. This has been my long-standing position, and it is not being reviewed or considered.”

In 1998 Barrack Obama said, "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

Twenty years ago - a whole lot of people felt that way.

Look at how the country has changed since then.

A solid majority now support same sex marriage.

Times, and people, evolve.

That's only because the government brainwashing mills have gone into overdrive to make homosexuality socially acceptable. They brainwashed an entire generation.

DOMA was bad legislation demanded by Republicans

Thankfully, it was overturned by the courts.......most of it
Oh? Why did the democrats listen to republican demands? Why did Clinton bend over and sign it.

Why indeed? Could it have been a {GASP} compromise of some sort?
How do you know it was the democrats compromising and not the republicans? I can remember quite a few homophobic statements from Clinton, and Obama. How many times did they have to state that they believe in marriage being between a man and a woman? Was that a compromise too?

In June of 1996 Clinton states, “I remain opposed to same-sex marriage. I believe marriage is an institution for the union of a man and a woman. This has been my long-standing position, and it is not being reviewed or considered.”

In 1998 Barrack Obama said, "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

Twenty years ago - a whole lot of people felt that way.

Look at how the country has changed since then.

A solid majority now support same sex marriage.

Times, and people, evolve.

That's only because the government brainwashing mills have gone into overdrive to make homosexuality socially acceptable. They brainwashed an entire generation.

Completely unrelated to this topic. There is a vast difference between what the government must accept and what a private business must accept. No government office or privilege should be denied to anyone without good cause. But a private business ought be able to refuse service for any , or even NO, reason.

If they refuse to serve a gay person, you don't think the word will get out?

They don't want to lose business is why. They want to be cowardly about their discrimination because they know they can't survive on bigots business alone.

I doubt that will happen. The worst that will happen is that gay people will avoid the business. How many business owners give a damn about 2% of the population not patronizing their business?

Then what are they so afraid of that they would not advertise that they refuse to serve that 2%? Know what other group makes up 2% of the population?

3717755282_69fee1c9a4.jpg

I've already explained that, but morons have to have everything explained to them at least a dozen times before they get it.

You're just a mass of contradictions. You say that businesses should not have to say up front that they won't serve gays because they will be "targeted", but that if they don't serve gays and word gets out its no big deal because gays are only 2%. Which is it? Are you afraid of the gays or aren't you?

You're too stupid to bother arguing with.

Ha ha...you can't respond because it's true. :lol:

Then why does your filthy party insist on using the threat of violence to force them into involuntary servitude?

I agree that word will get out and harm businesses - thus FREEDOM is the right path. But you leftists NEVER give freedom a chance, you always engage in force with the threat of violence.

They don't want to lose business is why. They want to be cowardly about their discrimination because they know they can't survive on bigots business alone.

What you leftists can't grasp, is it is their right alone to decide if they can.

I used to support homosexuals - now I don't - because you are thugs. You lost the moral high ground when you decided to exact revenge from those whom you hate.

Hey cry baby ...your party supports those that assassinate Doctors at women's clinics, your party wants women o undergo vaginal probes for political reasons...your party supports the bombing of women's clinics.......you wing nut...your party wing nut central

Your party supports child molesters and stabs Israel in the back.

I doubt that will happen. The worst that will happen is that gay people will avoid the business. How many business owners give a damn about 2% of the population not patronizing their business?

Then what are they so afraid of that they would not advertise that they refuse to serve that 2%? Know what other group makes up 2% of the population?

3717755282_69fee1c9a4.jpg

I've already explained that, but morons have to have everything explained to them at least a dozen times before they get it.

You're just a mass of contradictions. You say that businesses should not have to say up front that they won't serve gays because they will be "targeted", but that if they don't serve gays and word gets out its no big deal because gays are only 2%. Which is it? Are you afraid of the gays or aren't you?

You're too stupid to bother arguing with.

Ha ha...you can't respond because it's true. :lol:

I don't waste my time with substantive responses to pure distilled idiocy.

Episodes like these are just attempts by gays to gain respectability by stomping out all opposition. It's spectacularly Orwellian, but these vermin are constantly spouting off about "freedom" and their "rights" when they obviously don't give a damn about anyone else's rights.

I never used to be hostile to gay people until I started posting in forums like this one. Over the years I've learned that they are the most dishonest, spiteful, hypocritical, hostile and authoritarian people on this planet.

You never had this hostility before reading stuff on forums? Then the ones you knew in real life probably weren't so bad. The only reason gays are the whipping boys is because love of guns, hatred of gays, hatred of abortion, hatred of the poor, is the only thing republicans have to offer a right wing working stiff. The base they focus their love on is corporations and billionaires. When you're down and out , a democrat will give you a hand. A republican (politician) will spit on you and tell you to get a job.

No, the reason people are becoming hostile towards gays is because they are tired of constantly having the gay lifestyle rubbed in their faces. They are tired of having their kids brainwashed with gay propaganda in schools. They are tired of being forced to cater to gay events. They are tired of seeing gay pride parades and grown men masturbating in public. They are tired of being hectored by gay activists.
You mean like the gay bashers constantly berate the gays and make it out like the gays are an abomination on mankind? You think only gays masterbate? WTF is wrong with you?

None of what that poster typed is any reason to discriminate against anyone.

All that poster did was list petty and childish excuses why that poster wants to discriminate against gay people.

And none of it is a good excuse.

This law will be ruled unconstitutional on the grounds that it violates the 14th amendment. I will be surprised if it ever is actually implemented.

The 14th Amendment doesn't guarantee you access to someone's property. Moron.
How did you go from "this law will be ruled unconstitutional on the grounds that it violates the 14th amendment" to "The 14th Amendment doesn't guarantee you access to someone's property." I'm confused.

As a concrete thinker,

I agree that you have the thinking and reasoning ability of concrete.

and I use the word thinker in relation to you loosely, I understand how you compartmentalize the word Freedom. Freedom is not absolute, no matter how you have come to understand the language used in the First and Second Amendments to the COTUS.

You of the left view people as property of the state. It is of little wonder that you have such contempt for civil rights, after all, the party alone determines what privilege one is granted based on the status of the group or group one belongs or is assigned to. The concept that an individual has immutable rights is contrary to leftist dogma that people are property of the state.

No religion can engage in human sacrifice.

ROFL

Yes, murder is illegal.

No citizen can utter they have a bomb as they board a plane.
No citizen can yell fire in a crowded theater.
The right to own a fully automatic weapon is highly restricted.

Technically, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 allows what Indiana has done, because the GLBT community was not included in the protected class. That does not mean the Governor and legislature is not culpable. Though in the current iteration of the of the Republican Party, the Party of the small tent, such a law is fine and dandy - one more example of dishonesty and hypocrisy in their membership.

What you claim is irrelevant. Indiana simply affirmed that the state will honor the 1st Amendment. You cannot compel a person to violate their religious views in service to your party.

You never had this hostility before reading stuff on forums? Then the ones you knew in real life probably weren't so bad. The only reason gays are the whipping boys is because love of guns, hatred of gays, hatred of abortion, hatred of the poor, is the only thing republicans have to offer a right wing working stiff. The base they focus their love on is corporations and billionaires. When you're down and out , a democrat will give you a hand. A republican (politician) will spit on you and tell you to get a job.

No, the reason people are becoming hostile towards gays is because they are tired of constantly having the gay lifestyle rubbed in their faces. They are tired of having their kids brainwashed with gay propaganda in schools. They are tired of being forced to cater to gay events. They are tired of seeing gay pride parades and grown men masturbating in public. They are tired of being hectored by gay activists.
You mean like the gay bashers constantly berate the gays and make it out like the gays are an abomination on mankind? You think only gays masterbate? WTF is wrong with you?

None of what that poster typed is any reason to discriminate against anyone.

All that poster did was list petty and childish excuses why that poster wants to discriminate against gay people.

And none of it is a good excuse.

This law will be ruled unconstitutional on the grounds that it violates the 14th amendment. I will be surprised if it ever is actually implemented.

The 14th Amendment doesn't guarantee you access to someone's property. Moron.
How did you go from "this law will be ruled unconstitutional on the grounds that it violates the 14th amendment" to "The 14th Amendment doesn't guarantee you access to someone's property." I'm confused.

How does this law violate the 14th? Let's start there

Signing a bill into law, one passed by a legislature, which deprives a segment of the population of the same right available to the majority of citizens defines Authoritarianism.

The 1st Amendment is already law, Comrade. You have no right to force others to serve you. Free people serve whom they choose, slave serve whom they are ordered to serve.

You leftists still demand slavery, 150 years after the Republicans kicked your ass on this issue the first time.

People are NOT your property to depose of as you please.

As a concrete thinker, and I use the word thinker in relation to you loosely, I understand how you compartmentalize the word Freedom. Freedom is not absolute, no matter how you have come to understand the language used in the First and Second Amendments to the COTUS.

Technically, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 allows what Indiana has done, because the GLBT community was not included in the protected class. That does not mean the Governor and legislature is not culpable. Though in the current iteration of the of the Republican Party, the Party of the small tent, such a law is fine and dandy - one more example of dishonesty and hypocrisy in their membership.

How so? The GOP has made it clear. They believe a business ought be able to refuse service to those they don't like. So how are they being dishonest or hypocritical when they pass a bill that does exactly that?
Link? I knew the republicans were bad but I had no idea they wanted to repeal the civil rights laws already on the books.

Can you point to the portion of the 14th that states that people shall be compelled through force of arms to provide service to you because you have chosen sexual conduct that pleases the party?

I can't seem to find it in my copy?

I asked the assclown, but she got distracted chewing on a cat turd, as assclowns tend to do...

Signing a bill into law, one passed by a legislature, which deprives a segment of the population of the same right available to the majority of citizens defines Authoritarianism.

The 1st Amendment is already law, Comrade. You have no right to force others to serve you. Free people serve whom they choose, slave serve whom they are ordered to serve.

You leftists still demand slavery, 150 years after the Republicans kicked your ass on this issue the first time.

People are NOT your property to depose of as you please.

As a concrete thinker, and I use the word thinker in relation to you loosely, I understand how you compartmentalize the word Freedom. Freedom is not absolute, no matter how you have come to understand the language used in the First and Second Amendments to the COTUS.

How so? The GOP has made it clear. They believe a business ought be able to refuse service to those they don't like. So how are they being dishonest or hypocritical when they pass a bill that does exactly that?
Link? I knew the republicans were bad but I had no idea they wanted to repeal the civil rights laws already on the books.

Oh I see, youre merely here to troll again. Bye Mike.

Sure, as long as they protect the rights of everyone equally, so far you have not gone in that direction.

Forum List

Back