Will Smith assaults Chris Rock at Oscars

If you were coming from a stand point really caring about your race you might have a point here. However, you like so many other blacks on this forum call anyone who try's to point out problems going on within the black race a racist.
First of all why would any black man come to discuss problems within the community with white racists. It would almost be like a canary going to discuss dinner with a cat.
I don't hear you pointing out to other blacks on this forum about father absence in the black home.
I don't hear you pointing out to other whites on this forum about father absence in the white home either.
That is the number 1 cause for them to end up going to jail. Or that half of all murders is committed by black offenders who are killing other blacks. On these issues YOU are as quiet as a church mouse. I don't see ANY black leaders pointing this out at all. So, why is it racist if whites or any other color besides blacks point this out?
What makes you think I am quiet on these issues? Is it because I don't discuss them with you? 85% of whites are murdered by other whites, I don't see you on the forum discussing that. It amazes how you folks like you love to babble about black on black crime, but you are quiet as hell when it comes to white on white crime.

In a stunning turn of events, people with alopecia have briefly become our nation's preeminent victim group. Transgenders will soon reclaim the title

I saw it said not too long ago that Will has issued an apology to Chris. I get why he is saying that he is sorry. He wants to set what some may think is a better example for his kids, but to me, the big question is will there be any change where Chris's attitude is concerned? If anything, the only thing that Will does wrong in my opinion is act prematurely which to me may not make him all that much different compared to Chris. In other words, another question that I have concerning Chris is has he ever once shown any respect and restraint before doing what he is known for and that is shooting off that mouth of his???

God bless you and Will and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. To recap, an apology from Chris should've happened first since his mouth is what started the whole mess. One coming from Will first in my opinion may as well be a silver platter presented permission slip for Chris to continue on with being a complete and total word that I can not say and to me, that is wrong.

Yep. Smith bitch slapped (or punched) Chris Rock for cracking a joke about Jada’s bald head. It was a fucking joke. The slap or punch appears to have been real. The sound went off due to the ensuing “language.” Rock seemed genuinely stunned, but the guy can take a hit.

Will Smith is kind of :cuckoo:

He hit an asshole who was making jokes about his sick wife.

I kind of don't blame Smith.

That said, this really contradicts Smith's nice guy image that he's spent the last 30 years cultivating.

I like Wil Smith. He does the kind of movies I enjoy watching when a lot of actors would shy away from Science Fiction. Sometimes they work (I am Legend, Men In Black) and sometimes they don't. (After Earth, Wild Wild West, I, Robot). But as a rule, I don't blame actors when movies suck.

I think his anger was justified, but his actions were out of line, and he should have cooled off before he got to that stage.

Chris Rock, I used to fine funny, but frankly his humor has gotten a lot more mean spirited in recent years... so maybe he brought it on himself.

stahp.

You know, as well as I, that the biggest influence on kids, is yes, parents.

But after that, next is their peer group. However, their peer group is largely influenced by music, movies and social media (which has replace print media.) This is what is the root cause of "teenage rebellion."

Don't be disingenuous. There is no need for us to argue about the facts.
How many kids do you think are watching the Grammys and are going to go to school and slap the kid giving a presentation because Will Smith did?
nah i’ve never boot licked Xiden and the party of the klan…that’s just you plantation boy
You just boot licked Trump and the Republican Party which has the mindset of the sheet wearers. There isn't a white ass you won't kiss to try and be accepted, that is why you are quiet as hell when you see all the racist remarks by whites on this forum.

He hit an asshole who was making jokes about his sick wife.

I kind of don't blame Smith.

That said, this really contradicts Smith's nice guy image that he's spent the last 30 years cultivating.

I like Wil Smith. He does the kind of movies I enjoy watching when a lot of actors would shy away from Science Fiction. Sometimes they work (I am Legend, Men In Black) and sometimes they don't. (After Earth, Wild Wild West, I, Robot). But as a rule, I don't blame actors when movies suck.

I think his anger was justified, but his actions were out of line, and he should have cooled off before he got to that stage.

Chris Rock, I used to fine funny, but frankly his humor has gotten a lot more mean spirited in recent years... so maybe he brought it on himself.
We just disagree on the basics.

6agmq7.jpg

I agree, but 9 times out of 10 if you call the right black man the N word you are probably going to catch them hands. Will probably regrets the manner in which he handled it, but I am pretty sure any woman is proud that her husband/man has her back and will not allow another man to disrespect her without there being some consequences and repercussions.
Really? Because she should be embarrassed. Anytime I ever kicked a guys ass the girl I was with was never impressed in fact she was shocked I could be so violent.

Does he smack her?

And it's weird he lets his woman fuck other guys.

Really? Because she should be embarrassed. Anytime I ever kicked a guys ass the girl I was with was never impressed in fact she was shocked I could be so violent.

Does he smack her?

And it's weird he lets his woman fuck other guys.
I don't know most of the women I have heard from thought a man was supposed to defend her, I agree on the sharing thing.

If someone insulted my sick spouse or significant other, I'd have punched him out, too.
Ok.

Smith laughed. Oh, and then he saw his tragically sick wife was unhappy. And next he was all huff and puff. He is a poseur.

And alopecia is a medical condition not a fucking dire illness. It isn’t gonna give her a fever or diarrhea or even a sore throat. It isn’t going to do anything to her except cause her some hair loss. A bit sad. Not exactly a tragedy. And nothing that justifies an assault or a battery.

I don't know most of the women I have heard from thought a man was supposed to defend her, I agree on the sharing thing.
So you asked a woman if some guy said something disrespectful to her and her husband made a scene like that, she would be proud of what he did? I don't think so. Maybe if she's ghetto.

And of course that's what she's going to say. Ask any woman here if they'd be proud to be Jada today. Ask them if they are proud of what Will did to Chris. Or if what Will did was appropriate. It was not.

A buddy and I were talking about this tonight. We agree it would have been appropriate if Will walked up and grabbed him by both lapels and shook him while saying, "keep my fucking wifes name out your mouth" That I would have understood. The bitch slap? Uncalled for.

That idea contradicts everything the left pushes with their gender equality crap. Defending a “woman’s honor” is “misogynistic” now. It’s all bullshit, but that is what they push.

I mean your newest hero, Kentanji Jackson doesn’t even know what a “woman” is.

If someone insulted my sick spouse or significant other, I'd have punched him out, too.
So then you agree that if a white man calls a black man the N word, the black guy has the legal right to punch the white who said it?

And then if a black man offends me in any way, I can lay him out?

What about a woman? I've had women disrespect me. Can I punch them out?

I'll say it again, because humans aren't civilized, we have to have Stand Your Ground laws. If you attack someone, they have the right to shoot you dead. Even if they insulted you, you don't have the right to attack them. Even if they attacked your fat, ugly or bald wife.

Forum List

Back