🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will someone please explain to me how the Republicans 'gained' seats in the Senate?

They had a +6 margin over the Democrats going into the midterms (52-46). And now they (apparently) have a +4 margin over the Democrats (51-47)...if I am not mistaken.

So where did the Republicans 'gain' that I keep reading about?
Lol

They gerrymandered....LOL!!!!!

You pathetic kenpo pussy. You liberals are even dumber than I thought.

All the predictions I heard was a GOP gain of 2 to 4 seats because more Democrats were up for re-election (26). Many of those were in states carried by Trumpybear.

They had a +6 margin over the Democrats going into the midterms (52-46). And now they (apparently) have a +4 margin over the Democrats (51-47)...if I am not mistaken.

Despite a seemingly energized grassroots electorate, the Democratic Party had been viewed as a long shot to take back control of the Senate where Republicans currently hold a narrow majority of 51 seats to 49 seats for Democrats.

Senate election results: Republicans keep majority, CNN projects - CNNPolitics

That's impossible. Two Senators, who were both re-elected, have no party. So your Duopoly numbers cannot add up to 100.

But both independents caucus with the Democrats. So they are - for voting purposes - practically Democrats.

You need a new news source, Chuckles. Maybe one which employs someone who can do math.

There are 50 states in the Union. Each state has 2 Senators. That means there are 100 Senate seats.

Now here's where it gets tricky. What's 51+47?

No, you're wrong. It's 98. 98 is not 100. What happened to the other two seats (Yes, 100 - 98 = 2)?

They currently have a 51 - 49 majority (two independents caucus with the Democrats). They picked up four seats and lost one. That now makes it 54 - 46. Assuming McSally is certified the winner in Arizona, that will hold.

They currently have a 51 - 49 majority (two independents caucus with the Democrats). They picked up four seats and lost one. That now makes it 54 - 46. Assuming McSally is certified the winner in Arizona, that will hold.

Finally...a logical answer. Thank you.

Everything I read says the numbers are 51-47. And I thought the numbers were 52-46 (+2 ind's) before the election?

You seem to know your stuff on this - so I guess what I am reading is wrong.

And the Democrats got 12 million more votes.

Republicans don't win elections. Not by the people anyway.

How many races did the Dems just win with their 12 million more votes?

Well you see we had a election, and we got more votes then they did. You must be a new citizen to the USA

Votes are irrelevant to voting in the Senate. Seats are what count.

So you are saying that even though the Reps appeared to have their margin of superiority reduced - you consider it a victory because they got (apparently) more votes than the Dems did?

So noted.
Moron the Republicans had 51 seats before the election and the plus 3 is because they defeated 4 democratic Incumbents and so far have only ,lost ONE seat from an incumbent. Perhaps if you were not so amazingly stupid you could understand simple math?

Not by "the people"

upload_2018-11-8_17-22-37.jpeg

Just by the AMERICAN people

group-of-people-holding-american-flag-BMHY8E.jpg

Here let me help you DUMB ASS..... Senators are elected in their individual States. So even if every person in California votes for a democrat that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any other State.

My guess is that they gained the seats through the election process on November 6th.

Finally...a logical answer. Thank you.

Everything I read says the numbers are 51-47. And I thought the numbers were 52-46 (+2 ind's) before the election?

You seem to know your stuff on this - so I guess what I am reading is wrong.

Ha. There it is, math!

Where did you come up with this 52-46 idea ? More CNN/MSNBC gobbledegook ?

Before the election it was 51-49 for the GOP, after the election, assuming AZ goes to McSally, the GOP won 3 dem seats (FL, MO, ND) and lost NV, for a net gain of 2 seats for a 53-47 senate. It can be called a 3-seat majority for the GOP because if a vote ties at 50-50 Mike Pence casts the deciding ballot.

Last edited:
Not all the races have been called, Hold on to your Fruit of the Looms.
Well Fla might have everyone vote again just to make sure that the right votes get counted again, Soros and Steyner were not happy with the millions they lost in the vote.

They blew $70 million trying to defeat Cruz, and in a district heavy with criminal illegal aliens to boot. Cruz's real margin was probably around 15%, with the illegal vote knocking the 'official' count down to around 4% or so, whatever it ended up being. Winners don't call for recounts, but in this election I think they should, especially in California, Arizona, Florida, and Illinois and New York. The big push was on, so we know at least 8 million were hustled to the polls by La Raza and the Soros flunkies. Florida also has a lot of PR deadbeats hanging around and are allowed to vote, so they will affect a close vote there, and they hate Trump because their own govt. stole most of the aid sent and they think Trump should give them all a few million apiece because a hurricane hit them or something.

Why don't you go learn how Senate elections work before showing everyone how stupid you are.

Forum List

Back