Will someone please explain to me how the Republicans 'gained' seats in the Senate?

They had a +6 margin over the Democrats going into the midterms (52-46). And now they (apparently) have a +4 margin over the Democrats (51-47)...if I am not mistaken.

So where did the Republicans 'gain' that I keep reading about?

The Blue Wave drizzled out
the blue wave was HUGE! All the races were not counted yet on tuesday and still aren't but the House is up to 31 seats picked up and could reach 40 before all said and done.... they picked up 7 governor seats, and 1 or 2 recounts pending... picked up 323 legislative seats in the States and counting.... And in the senate, pending recount could end up losing only 1 seat!

They had a +6 margin over the Democrats going into the midterms (52-46). And now they (apparently) have a +4 margin over the Democrats (51-47)...if I am not mistaken.

Well you see we had a election, and we got more votes then they did. You must be a new citizen to the USA

Votes are irrelevant to voting in the Senate. Seats are what count.

So you are saying that even though the Reps appeared to have their margin of superiority reduced - you consider it a victory because they got (apparently) more votes than the Dems did?

So noted.

1) English is clearly not your strong suit.

2) Neither is math.

3) Telling the truth DEFINITELY isn't.

Two states were called for the Republican candidate, but the vote count was so close that it won't be official for a while yet.

Also, there are states you are counting as Democrat which aren't.

And Dan was being sarcastic and telling you that we had a gain because more people voted for Republicans than for Democrats. And in the Senate, seats ARE votes, you moron.

Ah you’re just sore over the election.
Why would I be sore ? My guy (in Florida) won in the Senate. My guy won the governor. Cruz beat O'Rourke. And the blue wave turned out to be a few blue bubbles.

th

Not sure where you got your numbers. Remember, there are 100 seats total.

Dems are busy stuffing the ballot boxes in Arizona, they’ll try to steal that one too.
Sorry fool. It's Republicans practicing voter suppression.

Former Colorado GOP chairman Steve Curtis found guilty of voter fraud, forgery

Republicans accuse Democrats an an attempt to divert the attention. Oldest con in the book.

And no one knows scams and cons like the GOP. Look how they ran on defending pre existing conditions. Only t@rds could believe that. Did you believe that?

And the Democrats got 12 million more votes.

Republicans don't win elections. Not by the people anyway.

Yeah, Republicans only win the elections that are actually happening. We generally don't win the make-believe elections leftists invent to make themselves feel better.

We don't elect the President by national popular vote, and we CERTAINLY don't give control of either house of Congress that way.

Not sure where you got your numbers. Remember, there are 100 seats total.

United States Senate elections, 2016 - Wikipedia

United States Senate elections, 2018 - Wikipedia

I realize that, but there are 2 independents who are technically not part of either party (though they caucus with the Democrats).

They currently have a 51 - 49 majority (two independents caucus with the Democrats). They picked up four seats and lost one. That now makes it 54 - 46. Assuming McSally is certified the winner in Arizona, that will hold.

Finally...a logical answer. Thank you.

Everything I read says the numbers are 51-47. And I thought the numbers were 52-46 (+2 ind's) before the election?

You seem to know your stuff on this - so I guess what I am reading is wrong.

"Everything I read" = I TOLD you you needed a real news source.

Sorry fool. It's Republicans practicing voter suppression.

Former Colorado GOP chairman Steve Curtis found guilty of voter fraud, forgery

Republicans accuse Democrats an an attempt to divert the attention. Oldest con in the book.

And no one knows scams and cons like the GOP. Look how they ran on defending pre existing conditions. Only t@rds could believe that. Did you believe that?
Democrats accuse Republicans in an attempt to divert the attention. Oldest con in the book.

And no one knows scams and cons like the Democrats. Look how they tried to BS the country about Kavanaugh. How Obama scammed blacks into believing about so-called police brutality. And how they scam blacks into believing they are oppressed (when they're receiving affirmative action preference in many things) Only t@rds could believe that BS. Did you believe that ? And how they import aliens here to vote for them, even protecting the illegals in sanctuary cities, and then pretend the aliens don't vote.

Texas Democrats Are Attempting to Register Aliens to Vote

Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote - California Political Review

https://publicinterestlegal.org/files/Safe-Spaces_Final.pdf

Finally Proof of Illegal Alien Voting

Noncitizens, Voting Violations and U.S. Elections | Federation for American Immigration Reform

Illegal Aliens Really Do Vote – a Lot

Last edited:

The Blue Wave drizzled out
the blue wave was HUGE! All the races were not counted yet on Tuesday and still aren't but the House is up to 31 seats picked up and could reach 40 before all said and done.... they picked up 7 governor seats, and 1 or 2 recounts pending... picked up 323 legislative seats in the States and counting.... And in the senate, pending recount could end up losing only 1 seat!

Princess, that's a HUGE amount of optimism instead of looking at the actual House vote counts:
Election results: Here's where key races stand - CNNPolitics
Dems 225 + 5 = 230
GOP 199 + 6 = 205
So the dems look to have a 25 seat majority, pretty much as expected. No big "blue wave", but a typical change of seats for a mid-term. If the 40 GOP House members hadn't retired then there would have been no blue wave. You should send them all thank you cards.

Yes the dems picked up 7 new governorships, but the GOP still holds a 26-23 advantage, and probably 27-23.

What senate seat are you thinking as a recount, FL? Keep dreaming, I hear the dems are sending "money guns and lawyers" to try and steal the FL votes.
Round 2 between Hyde-Smith and Espy is on November 27, 2018 for MS Senate seat
The GOP added senate seats, probably two, still much better than your "blue wave wipeout" as predicted earlier this year.

you still don't know how are country votes. wow.
So tell us.

How are country votes?

Here let me help you DUMB ASS..... Senators are elected in their individual States. So even if every person in California votes for a democrat that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any other State.

I think that's what he's bitching about. He doesn't think it's fair that, whether California has 1 million Democrat morons voting or 15 million Democrat morons voting, they still only get two Senators.

It upsets elitist fools like him enormously that "flyover" states are treated as though they're just as important as coastal "leftist utopias".

Not all the races have been called, Hold on to your Fruit of the Looms.
Well Fla might have everyone vote again just to make sure that the right votes get counted again, Soros and Steyner were not happy with the millions they lost in the vote.

That won't happen. They'll recount but not vote again.

I'm not in Florida, so I don't spend a lot of time researching their voting laws if I don't have to. Don't they trigger a run-off election between the two leading candidates if the margin of difference is below a certain level? Or am I misunderstanding?

Well Fla might have everyone vote again just to make sure that the right votes get counted again, Soros and Steyner were not happy with the millions they lost in the vote.

I'm not in Florida, so I don't spend a lot of time researching their voting laws if I don't have to. Don't they trigger a run-off election between the two leading candidates if the margin of difference is below a certain level? Or am I misunderstanding?

No. Just a recount if the difference is below 0.05.

The dems tried that in 2000 and were shot down. No court in Florida
would order a second voting day.

That runs the risk of getting back votes that were never cast in the general
election

If it gets explained to you, you will still be in denial.

No. Just a recount if the difference is below 0.05.

The dems tried that in 2000 and were shot down. No court in Florida
would order a second voting day.

That runs the risk of getting back votes that were never cast in the general
election

I see. Thank you.

Forum List

Back