Will the left leaning supreme court come back to the center by voting

Except PA laws have been found Constitutional.

yes, they have. So what? That has nothing to do with SCOTUS and gay marriage.

I was, however, directly responding to a post about PA laws.

You're right though....(for once)...despite anti gay bigots trying to conflate the two issues, they have nothing to do with each other.

yes, they do, because now we will see a flurry of lawsuits across more states.

I wonder how the Dems will handle it when gay people start suing black businesses that don't want to participate in gay weddings.

And yet the current cases all dealt with states that had no marriage equality, but DID have PA laws.

Nobody has to "participate" in a wedding other than the wedding party and the happy couple. Baking a cake or taking a photograph is not "participating".

Yes, it is, especially for the photographer.

Are you really so spiteful that you want to force someone who doesn't want to be there to work and attend your wedding?

Great way to win hearts and minds.

Of course letting the government be your enforcer is the easy way out, typical for progressive statists.

I cannot discriminate against a Christian in all 50 states. Why are Christians so spiteful as to make the Federal Government force me to serve them, photograph them, bake for them, etc in all 50 states?

The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT...not just little states and localities like the PA laws that protect gays (some "states rights" advocate YOU are).

You're right though....(for once)...despite anti gay bigots trying to conflate the two issues, they have nothing to do with each other.

I wonder how the Dems will handle it when gay people start suing black businesses that don't want to participate in gay weddings.

And yet the current cases all dealt with states that had no marriage equality, but DID have PA laws.

Nobody has to "participate" in a wedding other than the wedding party and the happy couple. Baking a cake or taking a photograph is not "participating".

Its not? How about renting a hall or a limo or a tux? participating? and using your erroneous interpretation of the law, forced to participate.

A person is not a rental hall nor is a person a tuxedo. The hall and the tuxedo are participating, not a person. Why are you being so silly?

If I rent you my hall or my tux, I am participating. My property is being used in the wedding. I should not be forced to do so.

Are you really so spiteful that you want to force someone who doesn't want to be there to work and attend your wedding?

Of course letting the government be your enforcer is the easy way out, typical for progressive statists.

I cannot discriminate against a Christian in all 50 states. Why are Christians so spiteful as to make the Federal Government force me to serve them, photograph them, bake for them, etc in all 50 states?

The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT...not just little states and localities like the PA laws that protect gays (some "states rights" advocate YOU are).

When has a Christian made you work at an event that is against your moral upbringing?

NO, you are wrong. Under the obama administration discrimination against Christians is just fine, but don't dare discriminate against a muslim.

Its not? How about renting a hall or a limo or a tux? participating? and using your erroneous interpretation of the law, forced to participate.

A person is not a rental hall nor is a person a tuxedo. The hall and the tuxedo are participating, not a person. Why are you being so silly?

If I rent you my hall or my tux, I am participating. My property is being used in the wedding. I should not be forced to do so.

A Unique Religious Exemption From Antidiscrimination Laws in the Case of Gays? Putting the Call for Exemptions for Those Who Discriminate Against Married or Marrying Gays in Context

When ‘Religious Liberty’ Was Used To Justify Racism Instead Of Homophobia

A Unique Religious Exemption From Antidiscrimination Laws in the Case of Gays? Putting the Call for Exemptions for Those Who Discriminate Against Married or Marrying Gays in Context

give it a rest wytch. We are never going to agree on this. And in the USA disagreeing is OK. For now.

When has a Christian made you work at an event that is against your moral upbringing?

My reason for wanting to discriminate is not relevant. I am prevented from doing so by Federal Law...not state or local law like PA protections for gays, but laws at a Federal level prevent me from discriminating on the basis of an individuals religion.

give it a rest wytch. We are never going to agree on this. And in the USA disagreeing is OK. For now.

No, we aren't ever going to agree. You think I should have 2nd class citizenship status and I disagree. And yes, disagreeing is fine in the US. You can believe that my civil marriage license is not valid and the law can disagree with you. :lol:

My reason for wanting to discriminate is not relevant. I am prevented from doing so by Federal Law...not state or local law like PA protections for gays, but laws at a Federal level prevent me from discriminating on the basis of an individuals religion.

So they can make you attend a church function or you can lose your business or be fined? Can you find a specific example of this?

No, we aren't ever going to agree. You think I should have 2nd class citizenship status and I disagree. And yes, disagreeing is fine in the US. You can believe that my civil marriage license is not valid and the law can disagree with you. :lol:

Having to go to another baker does not make you a 2nd class citizen.

you just don't get it, I have no issue with your california "marriage" license, well I really do because the people of cal voted against it twice and a couple judges with an agenda overturned the will of the people. Whereas in other states the will of the people has been upheld, that is where the inequality exists. Either we live by the constitution and the citizens vote on such issues or we live in a dictatorship where laws are made or ignored by the legislative branch.

you just don't get it, I have no issue with your california "marriage" license, well I really do because the people of cal voted against it twice and a couple judges with an agenda overturned the will of the people. Whereas in other states the will of the people has been upheld, that is where the inequality exists. Either we live by the constitution and the citizens vote on such issues or we live in a dictatorship where laws are made or ignored by the legislative branch.
So you are against Judicial Review of any kind.

Why didn't those students just go to another restaurant in Nashville?

You will live by the Constitution, Redfish, you do not get to authorize what is Constitutional, and that's the end of it. Other than you can yell and smell about it.

:)

So you are against Judicial Review of any kind.

as I said, I am against the making of laws and the ignoring of laws by the judicial branch. Their job is to rule on the legality of actions, not to make law.

You will live by the Constitution, Redfish, you do not get to authorize what is Constitutional, and that's the end of it. Other than you can yell and smell about it.

:)

Yes, and so will you, and you can rant and rave and demand until your vocal cords break, but you will not overturn the constitution.

Why didn't those students just go to another restaurant in Nashville?

Again, that was the State mandating Jim Crow laws. And again your side tries to latch onto the civil rights situation in the South when it came to blacks.

Again, good luck when you try suing a black business over this. The fallout for the dems will be awesome to watch.

Forum List

Back