Will the Trump's be homeless due to NY judges? (Poll)

Do you believe that the Trumps will lose all of their wealth in NY?

• Yes

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
No one said the SFC's had to exact.
But when you over value by 1000's of a percent and also claim your 11,000 sq/ft residence is 30,000 sq/ft as part of the over valuation, that goes well beyond the normal - ah - "Fudge Factor". It doesn't have to be "exact". This is lying on business forms for profit (over valuation to get lower rates based on fraudulent submissions).
That is what Trump was was convicted of in civil court. 1 of (IIRC) 8 claims, the other 7 are scheduled for trial starting Monday.
WW
The banks should have had the properties APPRAISED. That is their fault if they didn't, especially for big bucks.

1. So even though there is no "crime" the NY "get Trump"

This isn't a criminal case, it's a civil case.

DAs misapply the LAW to hit Trump with a $250,000,000 "fine" for putting numbers they disagree with on loan applications?

It wasn't a DA, it was the State Attorney General.

It's not that Trump put numbers on his financial documents "they disagreed with", it's that Trump lied on financial documents to the tune of 1000's of a percent in overvaluation and claiming that is 11,000 sq/ft residence in Trump Tower was actually 30,000 sq/ft (again lie about is valuation).

Banana Republic of NY.

In Banana Republic's the elite are not subject to the law. Trump is learning this is not a Bannana Republic.

3. If its a civil case who was injured? Its mot like Sam Bankman Fried who stole $Billions from ivestors in FTX. NO ONE WAS INJURED.

Under New York State business law there does not need to be an "injured" party of the AG to bring the civil suit. However, once could extrapolate that the banks, the insurance companies were injured because of the real risk at been understood (instead of the lies presented), they would have charged higher rates to cover the risk. It Trump had failed they would have been left holding the bag with the assets not covering liabilities.

Then there is the whole tax revenue side where the over valuation means less tax revenue from the lenders and insurance companies and undervaluation resulted in lowing taxes for which the State then becomes the injured party.

4. How is it NOT like us buying a house, applying for a mortgage, and having the bank verify the property value before approving the mortgage? This is the NY world of "Uber Commies.

Because we aren't talking about taking out a mortgage for a house. We are talking business financial transactions for the uber rich. Not even close to the same. Although those that (A) can't understand the difference will claim, or (B) those that will defend Trump at all costs will use as a defense.

WW

We disagree. Caveat Emptor should apply. The banks should have verified the loan data.

Caveat Empto is the wrong phase.

More closely accurate would be, I believe what is now officially called the "Tucker Carlson Defense" used by Fox News.

Basically: "No reasonable person should believe what I say, therefore I can't be held responsible if they believe a lie that I tell them."

WW

We disagree. Caveat Emptor should apply. The banks should have verified the loan data.
No, you disagree with the law, which puts you on the other side of it. You are no bank examiner examiner, just a goofy silly trying to protect criminal dealings.

No, you disagree with the law, which puts you on the other side of it. You are no bank examiner examiner, just a goofy silly trying to protect criminal dealings.

At this point it's still a civil action not criminal.

Although I understand the New York State AG is likely to refer this to federal and state criminal agencies for possible criminal action.

WW

After the courts (including the Supreme Court) have made the final decisions regarding this matter, his supporters will make sure that he and his family can continue to live a reasonably comfortable life.

I wish President Trump, Ms. Melania, and Barron the very best.

At this point it's still a civil action not criminal.

Although I understand the New York State AG is likely to refer this to federal and state criminal agencies for possible criminal action.

WW
Yes, still only civil action. Thank you for the correction. The State AG, yes, will probably refer this for criminal charges to the state and federal DAs.

Caveat Emptor is the wrong phase.

More closely accurate would be, I believe what is now officially called the "Tucker Carlson Defense" used by Fox News.

Basically: "No reasonable person should believe what I say, therefore I can't be held responsible if they believe a lie that I tell them."

WW
Why is Caveat Emptor the wrong phrase?
Banks should verify data before giving a loan, otherwise everyone would be borrowing and bailing.

The MSM lies all the time. So do the democrats.

What law says that every number on a loan application needs to be EXACT. I call BULLSHIT.

I know how banks work. They loan money and always verify the value of collateral, or they would be out of business.

If I was a bank examiner, how would I feel about a loan with under-valued collateral?

Why is Caveat Emptor the wrong phrase?
Banks should verify data before giving a loan, otherwise everyone would be borrowing and bailing.

The MSM lies all the time. So do the democrats.
Nonsense, you little wobbling brain is wobble-brating more than ususal. Do not use the MartyBegan system of response: that way lies madness.

The system we have works when people don't lie.

Trump is at fault because his assessments were deliberate lies.

1696000924159.png

From the looks of NYC right now, they need every good businessman that they can find, and yet they're trying to destroy one of the best.

Karma bitches.

Trump is learning that he does not make the rules, but he must follow them.

The Judges in his various cases are schooling him on that very important point that he is not the center of the universe.l

What law says that every number on a loan application needs to be EXACT. I call BULLSHIT.
No need to be hyperbolic. No one is saying every number needs to be exact.

If Trump said his apartment was 12,000 square feet when it’s really 11,000, no one would think that’s weird.

That lunatic said it was 30,000.

Nonsense, you little wobbling brain is wobble-brating more than usual. Do not use the MartyBegan system of response: that way lies madness.
The system we have works when people don't lie.
Trump is at fault because his assessments were deliberate lies.
You still didn't prove that a law says that every number on a loan application needs to be exact.

Nor did you prove that banks do not have to get collateral "appraised" before giving a loan.

This "stealing" of the Trump Organization is "illegal search and seizure" of Trump's personal property.

No need to be hyperbolic. No one is saying every number needs to be exact.

If Trump said his apartment was 12,000 square feet when it’s really 11,000, no one would think that’s weird.

That lunatic said it was 30,000.
So why didn't the bank have an appraiser verify the property value of the collateral? That is the bank's fault.

Forum List

Back