Will the Trump's be homeless due to NY judges? (Poll)

Do you believe that the Trumps will lose all of their wealth in NY?

• Yes

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
Last edited:
The answer is no. He wouldn't be homeless.
He has a 6 figure retirement income from his Hollywood days that can't be touched (a la OJ's retirement from the NFL).
He might not live at MAL, but he could afford a trailer in Idaho.
WW
NY can't touch his non-NY properties, can they?

They similarly couldn't touch his overseas properties, correct?

I'm still baffled how NY can say a crime was committed.

The banks surely had to verify the values of properties before approving a loan.

If you're lying to banks to get loans at a cheaper rate, that's gaining illegally.
Banks are in the business of knowing how much properties are worth, its not the fucking "honor system".

If the bank gave them a cheaper rate, that's on them, its business, not a crime.

Banks are in the business of knowing how much properties are worth, its not the fucking "honor system".

If the bank gave them a cheaper rate, that's on them, its business, not a crime.

That's not what's being spoken about here.

"New York judge ruled the ex-president had inflated the value of his assets and ordered a cancellation of business certificates"

"A New York judge ruled on Tuesday that Donald Trump committed financial fraud by overstating the value of his assets to broker deals and obtain financing."

Trump said his assets were worth more than they actually were so he could gain more financing.

A bank wants to know how much money you have, so if there's a problem, how likely are you to be able to pay back this money. Trump LIED, committed FRAUD to obtain things.

NY can't touch his non-NY properties, can they?

They similarly couldn't touch his overseas properties, correct?

I'm assuming it would go something like this if there is a financial judgement against Trump.

New York can't seize FL, NJ, and overseas properties. However, they would be able to seize business assets in New York to pay the judgement such as Trump Tower in New York City and the Trump 212 acre estate known as Seven Springs.

I'm still baffled how NY can say a crime was committed.

This isn't a criminal case it's a civil case.

The banks surely had to verify the values of properties before approving a loan.

This isn't like you and I buying a house on a mortgage, this is the world of the uber rich elites.

WW

Do you believe that a judge can take personal property? I hope not.
p.s. banks that loaned the Trump's money should know how to value of the various Trump properties, that is their job

Again, the issue is did Trump defraud the banks, which it's pretty clear he did.
Banks are defrauded all the time, unfortunately. That's why the whole 2008 thingee happened.

"Well, you should have known I was a fraudster" isn't a defense that will fly in court.

wouldn't the left love that? Well. not as much as if they could torture and kill him every day, revive him and do it all over again.
Works for me.

If you're lying to banks to get loans at a cheaper rate, that's gaining illegally.
How does inflating the value of a property get one a cheaper rate? Is it that the more money you borrow, they give you better loan rates? I thought interest rates were mostly fixed based in your credit rating.

How does inflating the value of a property get one a cheaper rate?

It has to do with the perceived risk that the lender it making. When the loan value is measured against a high perceived value, there is lower risk. Probably a lower rate to reflect the lower risk. On the other hand when there load is evaluated in a high risk situation, there will probably be a higher rate to compensate for the increased risk.

Is it that the more money you borrow, they give you better loan rates?

Probably not. More a risk/reward evaluation.

I thought interest rates were mostly fixed based in your credit rating.

This isn't you or I getting a home loan, this is corporate investment financials for the elite.

WW

That's not what's being spoken about here.
"New York judge ruled the ex-president had inflated the value of his assets and ordered a cancellation of business certificates"
"A New York judge ruled on Tuesday that Donald Trump committed financial fraud by overstating the value of his assets to broker deals and obtain financing." Trump said his assets were worth more than they actually were so he could gain more financing.
A bank wants to know how much money you have, so if there's a problem, how likely are you to be able to pay back this money. Trump LIED, committed FRAUD to obtain things.
When you apply for a loan its up to the bank to verify all of the data.
There are experts called "appraisers" who always give their expert opinions as to what properties are worth.
There is no fucking LAW that requires every fucking number on a loan application to be exact, or you lose your properties.
Caveat Emptor.applies.

Do you believe that a judge can take personal property? I hope not.
p.s. banks that loaned the Trump's money should know how to value of the various Trump properties, that is their job

Here is the Trump Organization that the judge just "dissolved"

View attachment 835401
Actually, overcivilized places to live do not come close to parallelling with the wide open spaces. :muahaha:

When you apply for a loan its up to the bank to verify all of the data.
There are experts called "appraisers" who always give their expert opinions as to what properties are worth.
There is no fucking LAW that requires every fucking number on a loan application to be exact, or you lose your properties.
Caveat Emptor.applies.

No one said the SFC's had to exact.

But when you over value by 1000's of a percent and also claim your 11,000 sq/ft residence is 30,000 sq/ft as part of the over valuation, that goes well beyond the normal - ah - "Fudge Facotr". It doesn't have to be "exact". This is lying on business forms for profit (over valuation to get lower rates based on fraudulent submissions).

That is what Trump was was convicted of in civil court. 1 of (IIRC) 8 claims, the other 7 are scheduled for trial starting Monday.

WW

I'm assuming it would go something like this if there is a financial judgement against Trump.
New York can't seize FL, NJ, and overseas properties. However, they would be able to seize business assets in New York to pay the judgement such as Trump Tower in New York City and the Trump 212 acre estate known as Seven Springs.
This isn't a criminal case it's a civil case.
This isn't like you and I buying a house on a mortgage, this is the world of the uber rich elites.
WW
1. So even though there is no "crime" the NY "get Trump" DAs misapply the LAW to hit Trump with a $250,000,000 "fine" for putting numbers they disagree with on loan applications? Banana Republic of NY.

2. Communists do what communists do.

3. If its a civil case who was injured? Its mot like Sam Bankman Fried who stole $Billions from ivestors in FTX. NO ONE WAS INJURED.

4. How is it NOT like us buying a house, applying for a mortgage, and having the bank verify the property value before approving the mortgage? This is the NY world of "Uber Commies.

Actually, overcivilized places to live do not come close to parallelling with the wide open spaces.
"overcivilized places"? I'm blanking. Certainly NOT NY or NYC. They are "Commie" and "Banana Republic" places.

Wide open places is where the Laws are followed.

Don't give the commies any legitimacy. The courts need to keep the laws from being abused.

Yes, it is, when you deliberately falsify the figures for the bank.

Forum List

Back