Will there be 15 Democrat Senators with a conscience?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
He added “officials tell me the president is prepared to aggressively pursue his agenda using his power of executive authority, where he can't work with Congress, and the big one is going to be on immigration reform. White House officials tell me that the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight.”
Report Exec Amnesty No Matter How Big a Shellacking For Dems

So what can Congress do with the will of most Americans NOT willing to accept illegals gaining citizenship like my daughter in law and a good friend of mine along with the 6.6 million naturalized citizens that followed the law?
  1. Congress may attempt to overturn an executive order by passing legislation (a bill) that opposes the order. However, the President can veto that bill, and Congress would then need to override that veto to pass the bill.
So can Congress override a veto?
  1. Congress can override the veto via a two-thirds vote with both houses voting separately, after which the bill becomes law. The president may also veto specific provisions on money bills without affecting other provisions on the same bill.
So Obama will grant amnesty by executive order.
Congress will overturn the executive Order with a law counter the Executive Order.
Obama vetos the law i.e. doesn't sign the bill.

So the reality comes down to getting 67 votes in the Senate.
Based on this election 52 GOP senators most likely will vote to override Obama leaving 15 Democrats.
So the question is will 15 Democrats believe the majority of Americans find it very wrong granting
illegals "amnesty"

lol, all of the sudden the RWnuts are going to embrace bi-partisan cooperation.
So you don't think there will be 15 Democrats that would embrace "bi-partisan cooperation" on overriding Obama's executive order allowing millions of illegals to by pass the immigration laws that 6.6 million people in the last decade alone have followed to become naturalized citizens?
You agree there won't be 15 Democrat senators to embrace "bi-partisanship"?
That is the question.

I agree that Congress cannot overturn Obama's EO on immigration, yes. Think.

No what you agree with is there are NOT 15 Democrat Senators willing to overcome the EO when as I pointed out the following steps are followed:

Congress may attempt to overturn an executive order by passing legislation (a bill) that opposes the order.
However, the President can veto that bill, and Congress would then need to override that veto to pass the bill.

Congress can override the veto via a two-thirds vote with both houses voting separately, after which the bill becomes law. The president may also veto specific provisions on money bills without affecting other provisions on the same bill.

Congress will overturn the executive Order with a law counter the Executive Order.

Congress then with 15 Democrat senators that agree it is wrong for millions of illegals to by pass the laws that law abiding people have followed
will override with 67 Senate votes Obama's EO.

You agree there won't be 15 Democrat senators willing to support the current laws regarding citizenship naturalization.

I am asking the forum readers will there be 15 Democrat Senators willing to join 52 GOP Senators to override Obama's EO regarding immediately admitting millions of illegals becoming citizens?
Because again the LAW is if 2/3 of the House/Senate vote to override an EO it will be overridden.

He added “officials tell me the president is prepared to aggressively pursue his agenda using his power of executive authority, where he can't work with Congress, and the big one is going to be on immigration reform. White House officials tell me that the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight.”

So what can Congress do with the will of most Americans NOT willing to accept illegals gaining citizenship like my daughter in law and a good friend of mine along with the 6.6 million naturalized citizens that followed the law?
  1. Congress may attempt to overturn an executive order by passing legislation (a bill) that opposes the order. However, the President can veto that bill, and Congress would then need to override that veto to pass the bill.
  1. Congress can override the veto via a two-thirds vote with both houses voting separately, after which the bill becomes law. The president may also veto specific provisions on money bills without affecting other provisions on the same bill.

Based on this election 52 GOP senators most likely will vote to override Obama leaving 15 Democrats.
So the question is will 15 Democrats believe the majority of Americans find it very wrong granting
illegals "amnesty"

No. They have no shame.

I am asking the forum readers will there be 15 Democrat Senators willing to join 52 GOP Senators to override Obama's EO regarding immediately admitting millions of illegals becoming citizens?
Because again the LAW is if 2/3 of the House/Senate vote to override an EO it will be overridden.

They will never vote on an override it will be filibustered.

15 demoRATS with a conscience ? you gotta be kidding, can ANYONE here name just one demoRAT with enough brains to even consider having a conscience ?

PLEASE....., JUST ONE !!

It's not only bipartisan cooperation. It cya time. Look at how the senators did back flips trying to convince the electorate they did not vote "with the president" this election season.

Then go and see how many will be up for re-election in 2 years. It may not be that hard to find those votes.

No what you agree with is there are NOT 15 Democrat Senators willing to overcome the EO when as I pointed out the following steps are followed:

Congress may attempt to overturn an executive order by passing legislation (a bill) that opposes the order.
However, the President can veto that bill, and Congress would then need to override that veto to pass the bill.

Congress can override the veto via a two-thirds vote with both houses voting separately, after which the bill becomes law. The president may also veto specific provisions on money bills without affecting other provisions on the same bill.

Congress then with 15 Democrat senators that agree it is wrong for millions of illegals to by pass the laws that law abiding people have followed
will override with 67 Senate votes Obama's EO.

You agree there won't be 15 Democrat senators willing to support the current laws regarding citizenship naturalization.

Those democrats that do not vote to override the amnesty bill EO probably will not survive their next election.

Well for people like yourself,bi-partisan means getting what you want not a compromise. Was it a bi partisan vote on Obama care,a major piece of legislation,and not one vote from the other party,push through by back room deals,yep thats just what we as voters want.

illegals "amnesty"
Are you sure about the line item veto on appropriations bills?

I thought SCOTUS nixed that?

Obama in the bunker. illegal Amnesty is his cyanide capsule and will take down the rest of the Democrat Party

illegals "amnesty"
Are you sure about the line item veto on appropriations bills?

I thought SCOTUS nixed that?
There would be NO appropriation items in a bill to override an Amnesty EO.

illegals "amnesty"

Not necessarily. Congress can simply refuse to authorize funding for any of his power grabs.

Why should they? They should exercise the mandate given them from the people and push every agenda item they have. Make Obama veto all of them and force him to justify doing so. That's what the House did to Reid, only they were very tepid in reminding everyone that he was sitting on 300+ pieces of legislation, making him the obstructionist.

Forum List

Back