Will there be 15 Democrat Senators with a conscience?

I am in favor of a path towards citizenship and worker visas

For those who pay the fines and are good, hardworking and pay taxes....let em be citizens
They broke the law coming here. They are law breakers.
YOU just totally ignored the 6.6 million in the last 10 years like my daughter in law and good friend that did it legally!
Thanks for your disdain for their hard work!
Those people you described? They could have done exactly what you requested. WHY haven't they???

If they are willing to work hard, obey the laws and pay taxes, I have no problem welcoming new citizens
But they aren't obeying the laws. They are illegal immigrants.
They won't be if they are given temporary work visas
With the UE rate so incredibly high, why do we need to give more work visa so that the uber rich can save money and pay less? Why do you support the growing inequality in wages?????? Why do you support everything that hurts the middle class and poor and support trillions going literally directly into the pockets of the Uber Rich, done by Obama and Dems?

WHYYYYY! RW~!!!
5.9% ?

Simple. The obstructionist democrats aren't controlling the Senate any more. The sane party can now get their legislation through. Reid could have brought the legislation up for debate and vote, but apparently knew his own party would put through some of them, so he sat on them.

How do Republicans propose to get their legislation through the Senate without 60 votes? The Dems couldn't do it
Well for starters now they will be allowed to actually vote on the bills.... That's pretty much the opposite of what the obstructionist Harry Reid did. But we'll have to see I guess.

What makes you think Republican Senate bills will be voted on with less than 60 votes when Democratic bills weren't?

We'll have to see numb nuts. Fact is as you JUST admitted LOLOLOLz, Harry Reid held up the vote, cuz Dems obstructed so they could have a slogan. It backfired. Now dems are known for being the most useless congress in history.
Not even close....but keep trying

lolz, so butthurt you are~

They broke the law coming here. They are law breakers.
YOU just totally ignored the 6.6 million in the last 10 years like my daughter in law and good friend that did it legally!
Thanks for your disdain for their hard work!
Those people you described? They could have done exactly what you requested. WHY haven't they???

If they are willing to work hard, obey the laws and pay taxes, I have no problem welcoming new citizens
But they aren't obeying the laws. They are illegal immigrants.
They won't be if they are given temporary work visas
With the UE rate so incredibly high, why do we need to give more work visa so that the uber rich can save money and pay less? Why do you support the growing inequality in wages?????? Why do you support everything that hurts the middle class and poor and support trillions going literally directly into the pockets of the Uber Rich, done by Obama and Dems?

WHYYYYY! RW~!!!
5.9% ?

Sorry, that number has nothing to do with reality and America just proved that by voting your party out of power. LOLZOZLZOLZOZLZOZLZOZLZOZL~

He added “officials tell me the president is prepared to aggressively pursue his agenda using his power of executive authority, where he can't work with Congress, and the big one is going to be on immigration reform. White House officials tell me that the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight.”
Report Exec Amnesty No Matter How Big a Shellacking For Dems

So what can Congress do with the will of most Americans NOT willing to accept illegals gaining citizenship like my daughter in law and a good friend of mine along with the 6.6 million naturalized citizens that followed the law?
  1. Congress may attempt to overturn an executive order by passing legislation (a bill) that opposes the order. However, the President can veto that bill, and Congress would then need to override that veto to pass the bill.
So can Congress override a veto?
  1. Congress can override the veto via a two-thirds vote with both houses voting separately, after which the bill becomes law. The president may also veto specific provisions on money bills without affecting other provisions on the same bill.
So Obama will grant amnesty by executive order.
Congress will overturn the executive Order with a law counter the Executive Order.
Obama vetos the law i.e. doesn't sign the bill.

So the reality comes down to getting 67 votes in the Senate.
Based on this election 52 GOP senators most likely will vote to override Obama leaving 15 Democrats.
So the question is will 15 Democrats believe the majority of Americans find it very wrong granting
illegals "amnesty"

Why are you getting all lathered up about an executive order that doesn't even exist? Just because Breitbarf says the sky is falling doesn't mean that it is. Chill. Have a beer and enjoy your victory.
OK this was from ABC news....
ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jon Karl reported that according to WH officials “the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform “no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight” during ABC’s Election coverage on Tuesday.
Karl said “White House officials are saying that you can expect the president to set an aggressive, and defiant tone tomorrow. You're not going to see any mea culpas, no big firings, no change in direction.”

He added “officials tell me the president is prepared to aggressively pursue his agenda using his power of executive authority, where he can't work with Congress, and the big one is going to be on immigration reform. White House officials tell me that the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight.”

There is finally a functioning Congress, now that Reid is out of the way. The real question is, what is Obama going to do now that he will be facing legislation he doesn't like? And Congress can refuse to fund his orders, leaving them toothless.
Why is this Congress any more functioning than we have had in the last four years?
What will get them away from being a Do Nothing Congress?
Congress would have to defund entire branches of government

If Congress cannot legislate, the President will

Simple. The obstructionist democrats aren't controlling the Senate any more. The sane party can now get their legislation through. Reid could have brought the legislation up for debate and vote, but apparently knew his own party would put through some of them, so he sat on them.

How do Republicans propose to get their legislation through the Senate without 60 votes? The Dems couldn't do it
Well for starters now they will be allowed to actually vote on the bills.... That's pretty much the opposite of what the obstructionist Harry Reid did. But we'll have to see I guess.

What makes you think Republican Senate bills will be voted on with less than 60 votes when Democratic bills weren't?

The difference will be whether McConnell releases them for a vote or not. If the democrats continue obstructing, it will be clear that they are the party of "no" and obstructionism. That's the difference. Reid knew some of the legislation would pass the Senate, and since he valued a talking point more than passed legislation, he sat on them.

So what can Congress do with the will of most Americans NOT willing to accept illegals gaining citizenship like my daughter in law and a good friend of mine along with the 6.6 million naturalized citizens that followed the law?
  1. Congress may attempt to overturn an executive order by passing legislation (a bill) that opposes the order. However, the President can veto that bill, and Congress would then need to override that veto to pass the bill.
So can Congress override a veto?
  1. Congress can override the veto via a two-thirds vote with both houses voting separately, after which the bill becomes law. The president may also veto specific provisions on money bills without affecting other provisions on the same bill.
So Obama will grant amnesty by executive order.
Congress will overturn the executive Order with a law counter the Executive Order.
Obama vetos the law i.e. doesn't sign the bill.

So the reality comes down to getting 67 votes in the Senate.
Based on this election 52 GOP senators most likely will vote to override Obama leaving 15 Democrats.
So the question is will 15 Democrats believe the majority of Americans find it very wrong granting
illegals "amnesty"

Why are you getting all lathered up about an executive order that doesn't even exist? Just because Breitbarf says the sky is falling doesn't mean that it is. Chill. Have a beer and enjoy your victory.
OK this was from ABC news....
ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jon Karl reported that according to WH officials “the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform “no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight” during ABC’s Election coverage on Tuesday.
Karl said “White House officials are saying that you can expect the president to set an aggressive, and defiant tone tomorrow. You're not going to see any mea culpas, no big firings, no change in direction.”

That's not a surprise. Obama is known for doubling down every time he gets repudiated, not trying to craft a solution agreeable to all. Of course he's going to be defiant, petty and petulant. He doesn't know anything else.

Wildman, nobody is going to join your sedition just because you cry at them.
===========
se·di·tion
noun \si-ˈdi-shən\
: the crime of saying, writing, or doing something that encourages people to disobey their government

do you as a liberfool even know what the fuck you are talking about ?

"cry at them" cry at whom ?

do you not understand plain English words right before your eyes ?

i'll repeat the question, with an extra word or two added forclarity please read it carefully or find someone who can help you with the big words OK ?

can ANYONE here name just one demoRAT with enough brains/integrity/honesty to even consider having a conscience ?

PLEASE....., JUST ONE !!

your turn my dear, name just one

looks as though after nearly 24 hours Monstermouth can not find and name one, JUST ONE honest libercrat with a shred of integrity......, come on libermouth...,

name just one demoRAT with enough brains/integrity/honesty to even consider having a conscience ?

ooooooh ! nowi know what your problem is, you can not find anyone who can help you with the big words....., it figgers. :lmao:

Forum List

Back