Will there be 15 Democrat Senators with a conscience?

Takes NO funding to make an EO granting "amnesty" to 10 million illegals. Requires no funding.
Where has President Obama ever proposed granting amnesty to 10 million illegals by executive order?

ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jon Karl reported that according to WH officials “the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform “no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight” during ABC’s Election coverage on Tuesday.
Karl said “White House officials are saying that you can expect the president to set an aggressive, and defiant tone tomorrow. You're not going to see any mea culpas, no big firings, no change in direction.”

He added “officials tell me the president is prepared to aggressively pursue his agenda using his power of executive authority, where he can't work with Congress, and the big one is going to be on immigration reform. White House officials tell me that the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight.”
Report Exec Amnesty No Matter How Big a Shellacking For Dems

Good for the President
So you are all in favor of allowing millions of people that break the law to become citizens is that right?
I am like the majority of Americans that find it UNFAIR to people like my daughter in law and a good friend that abided by all the laws and
regulations of the USA to become a naturalized citizen. They didn't sneak across a border. They become GOOD Americans the legal way
and I think that most of the below Americans feel the same way.
Why should people that sneak in through the border bringing all sorts of diseases, criminal activities and then are given amnesty?
Totally UNFAIR!!!

80% of American adults support "stricter border control to try to reduce illegal immigration." This includes 93% Republicans, 76% Democrats, 83% Independents, 74% Blacks, 61% Hispanics, and 75% of 18-39 year olds (ABC News/Washington Post, April 2013).
59% of likely voters say that securing the U.S. border is more important than amnesty. 34% say that amnesty is more important than border security (Rasmussen, July 2013).
69% of registered voters put border security first before any other changes are made in immigration policy (Fox News, March 2013).
64% of likely voters believe that the U.S. border should be under control before any other facets of immigration reform move forward (Rasmussen, March 2013).
Illegal Immigration and Amnesty Polls Federation for American Immigration Reform

I am in favor of a path towards citizenship and worker visas

For those who pay the fines and are good, hardworking and pay taxes....let em be citizens
They broke the law coming here. They are law breakers.
YOU just totally ignored the 6.6 million in the last 10 years like my daughter in law and good friend that did it legally!
Thanks for your disdain for their hard work!
Those people you described? They could have done exactly what you requested. WHY haven't they???

Where has President Obama ever proposed granting amnesty to 10 million illegals by executive order?

ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jon Karl reported that according to WH officials “the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform “no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight” during ABC’s Election coverage on Tuesday.
Karl said “White House officials are saying that you can expect the president to set an aggressive, and defiant tone tomorrow. You're not going to see any mea culpas, no big firings, no change in direction.”

He added “officials tell me the president is prepared to aggressively pursue his agenda using his power of executive authority, where he can't work with Congress, and the big one is going to be on immigration reform. White House officials tell me that the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight.”

Good for the President
So you are all in favor of allowing millions of people that break the law to become citizens is that right?
I am like the majority of Americans that find it UNFAIR to people like my daughter in law and a good friend that abided by all the laws and
regulations of the USA to become a naturalized citizen. They didn't sneak across a border. They become GOOD Americans the legal way
Why should people that sneak in through the border bringing all sorts of diseases, criminal activities and then are given amnesty?
Totally UNFAIR!!!

80% of American adults support "stricter border control to try to reduce illegal immigration." This includes 93% Republicans, 76% Democrats, 83% Independents, 74% Blacks, 61% Hispanics, and 75% of 18-39 year olds (ABC News/Washington Post, April 2013).
59% of likely voters say that securing the U.S. border is more important than amnesty. 34% say that amnesty is more important than border security (Rasmussen, July 2013).
69% of registered voters put border security first before any other changes are made in immigration policy (Fox News, March 2013).
64% of likely voters believe that the U.S. border should be under control before any other facets of immigration reform move forward (Rasmussen, March 2013).
Illegal Immigration and Amnesty Polls Federation for American Immigration Reform

For those who pay the fines and are good, hardworking and pay taxes....let em be citizens
YOU just totally ignored the 6.6 million in the last 10 years like my daughter in law and good friend that did it legally!
Those people you described? They could have done exactly what you requested. WHY haven't they???

If they are willing to work hard, obey the laws and pay taxes, I have no problem welcoming new citizens

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama will continue to use executive orders

What does Congress propose to do about it?
Refuse to fund his executive orders, for one. Challenge their Constitutionality for another.

Or else Congress can actually pass some legislation

Now that the obstructionists are out of the way, they can.

The obstructionists are still within the Republican Party. Cruz and company will continue to block and poison their own parties legislation

That remains to be seen. If the party elite recognize what just happened, they'll be able to get things done. If they don't, they won't.

Good for the President
Totally UNFAIR!!!

If they are willing to work hard, obey the laws and pay taxes, I have no problem welcoming new citizens

That includes going to the end of the immigration line and doing it legally, does it not?

Moral, ethical, conscientious people don't win elections. By definition you have to kiss ass, be ok with lying, and be soulless to win federal level office.

Simple. The obstructionist democrats aren't controlling the Senate any more. The sane party can now get their legislation through. Reid could have brought the legislation up for debate and vote, but apparently knew his own party would put through some of them, so he sat on them.

How do Republicans propose to get their legislation through the Senate without 60 votes? The Dems couldn't do it
Simple. The obstructionist democrats aren't controlling the Senate any more. The sane party can now get their legislation through. Reid could have brought the legislation up for debate and vote, but apparently knew his own party would put through some of them, so he sat on them.

How do Republicans propose to get their legislation through the Senate without 60 votes? The Dems couldn't do it
Perhaps the same way Dems passed obamacare. Getting obama to sign bills... Far more difficult, BUT..... Absolutely no Dem or Presidential sponsored legislation will pass either house if we are met with vetoes and overridden vetoes.

obama WILL learn to play ball.

I'm sure Obama will learn to play ball as long as Republicans are willing to play ball

So far, they have been unwilling

That is not true. The House (the only place Republicans are in power) passed hundreds of pieces of legislation that Reid wouldn't even allow to come up for a vote, legislation with bipartisan support. They've been playing ball, but the democrats won't even get on the field.
If Republicans would have played ball with Reid, he would have played ball with them
If Republicans allowed Reids bills to proceed without 60 vote cloture, Reid would have done the same

If Republicans way of "playing ball" is to keep sending up "kill Obamacare" bills they will find Obama is unwilling to play
If they send up bipartisan bills without the poison pills they love to insert, they will find Obama willing to play

I doubt if Republicans can do it

It's very simple. Reid had control of the Senate. Democrats outnumbered Republicans. If the bills had poison pills, the Senate would have taken them out and gone to reconciliation. That's the way the process works, remember? Reid didn't want legislation to move, he wanted an election year slogan, so he sat on them.

Good for the President
Totally UNFAIR!!!

That includes going to the end of the immigration line and doing it legally, does it not?

They are still looking for a ten year path to citizenship....that is quite a line

Those that are here already, I favor work visas that allow trips between Mexico and the US and a path whereby if they work, pay fines, pay taxes and break now laws they can become citizens

I would offer the same option to everyone else "on the line"

Perhaps the same way Dems passed obamacare. Getting obama to sign bills... Far more difficult, BUT..... Absolutely no Dem or Presidential sponsored legislation will pass either house if we are met with vetoes and overridden vetoes.

I'm sure Obama will learn to play ball as long as Republicans are willing to play ball

That is not true. The House (the only place Republicans are in power) passed hundreds of pieces of legislation that Reid wouldn't even allow to come up for a vote, legislation with bipartisan support. They've been playing ball, but the democrats won't even get on the field.
If Republicans would have played ball with Reid, he would have played ball with them
If Republicans allowed Reids bills to proceed without 60 vote cloture, Reid would have done the same

If Republicans way of "playing ball" is to keep sending up "kill Obamacare" bills they will find Obama is unwilling to play
If they send up bipartisan bills without the poison pills they love to insert, they will find Obama willing to play

It's very simple. Reid had control of the Senate. Democrats outnumbered Republicans. If the bills had poison pills, the Senate would have taken them out and gone to reconciliation. That's the way the process works, remember? Reid didn't want legislation to move, he wanted an election year slogan, so he sat on them.

It is very simple

Republicans required 60 votes for a bill to proceed in the Senate. The same rule applied to them

Totally UNFAIR!!!

They are still looking for a ten year path to citizenship....that is quite a line

Those that are here already, I favor work visas that allow trips between Mexico and the US and a path whereby if they work, pay fines, pay taxes and break now laws they can become citizens

I would offer the same option to everyone else "on the line"

Agreed that the current path to citizenship is too long. I don't, however, support giving anyone a shortcut that allows them to bypass people who are following the rules and doing everything legally.

It is very simple

Republicans required 60 votes for a bill to proceed in the Senate. The same rule applied to them

Did they stop any of the bills Reid sat on? No. If he was really playing ball, he would have brought them up, made the Republicans stop them, THEN been justified in pointing fingers. He didn't, and wasn't.

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama will continue to use executive orders

There is finally a functioning Congress, now that Reid is out of the way. The real question is, what is Obama going to do now that he will be facing legislation he doesn't like? And Congress can refuse to fund his orders, leaving them toothless.
Why is this Congress any more functioning than we have had in the last four years?
What will get them away from being a Do Nothing Congress?
Congress would have to defund entire branches of government

If Congress cannot legislate, the President will
He clearly answered the question you moron. Seriously, you might consider a different line of work seeing as your welfare job has dumbed you down over the years. The House passed many many many bills, and Democrats, Harry Reid, in the Senate, sat on them so they could scream "OBSTRUCTIONISTS!" Harry took a chance, he bet too many people were to stupid to understand Republicans were not obstructing and that it was Harry himself not allowing hundreds of bills to be voted on. Harry thought people would blame Republicans, the media of course helped spread the lies. Hence the historic lack of confidence people have in current news medias and "journalists."

There is finally a functioning Congress, now that Reid is out of the way. The real question is, what is Obama going to do now that he will be facing legislation he doesn't like? And Congress can refuse to fund his orders, leaving them toothless.
Why is this Congress any more functioning than we have had in the last four years?

Well for starters now they will be allowed to actually vote on the bills.... That's pretty much the opposite of what the obstructionist Harry Reid did. But we'll have to see I guess.

Neitherr chamber has the will not the numbers to override.

Your incredibly poor history in reguards to predictions makes your current prediction hilarious. Sorry you lost again Mr. Mainstream.

Because Obama can't throw... He pitches an Idea, it falls flat at his feet and so he heads to the golf course.

Called the elections, called the Senate, called Mia Love to the button.

Avory, the far right has no more power in the GOP: that's over.

Takes NO funding to make an EO granting "amnesty" to 10 million illegals. Requires no funding.

Good for the President
Totally UNFAIR!!!

How do you figure out who these good citizens are and who the bad ones are? Just curious what size programs over how many years you think is needed to complete this incredibly thoughtless project you wish to dump on the current tax payers? How much money and times to think is needed per illegal to prove they are will be a "good" citizen? Fuck, the language barrier will be crippling from the get go...

Forum List

Back