Will there be 15 Democrat Senators with a conscience?

ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jon Karl reported that according to WH officials “the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform “no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight” during ABC’s Election coverage on Tuesday.
Karl said “White House officials are saying that you can expect the president to set an aggressive, and defiant tone tomorrow. You're not going to see any mea culpas, no big firings, no change in direction.”

He added “officials tell me the president is prepared to aggressively pursue his agenda using his power of executive authority, where he can't work with Congress, and the big one is going to be on immigration reform. White House officials tell me that the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight.”
Report Exec Amnesty No Matter How Big a Shellacking For Dems

Good for the President
So you are all in favor of allowing millions of people that break the law to become citizens is that right?
I am like the majority of Americans that find it UNFAIR to people like my daughter in law and a good friend that abided by all the laws and
regulations of the USA to become a naturalized citizen. They didn't sneak across a border. They become GOOD Americans the legal way
and I think that most of the below Americans feel the same way.
Why should people that sneak in through the border bringing all sorts of diseases, criminal activities and then are given amnesty?
Totally UNFAIR!!!

80% of American adults support "stricter border control to try to reduce illegal immigration." This includes 93% Republicans, 76% Democrats, 83% Independents, 74% Blacks, 61% Hispanics, and 75% of 18-39 year olds (ABC News/Washington Post, April 2013).
59% of likely voters say that securing the U.S. border is more important than amnesty. 34% say that amnesty is more important than border security (Rasmussen, July 2013).
69% of registered voters put border security first before any other changes are made in immigration policy (Fox News, March 2013).
64% of likely voters believe that the U.S. border should be under control before any other facets of immigration reform move forward (Rasmussen, March 2013).
Illegal Immigration and Amnesty Polls Federation for American Immigration Reform

I am in favor of a path towards citizenship and worker visas

For those who pay the fines and are good, hardworking and pay taxes....let em be citizens
They broke the law coming here. They are law breakers.
YOU just totally ignored the 6.6 million in the last 10 years like my daughter in law and good friend that did it legally!
Thanks for your disdain for their hard work!
Those people you described? They could have done exactly what you requested. WHY haven't they???

If they are willing to work hard, obey the laws and pay taxes, I have no problem welcoming new citizens

And how do you prove or know they will do this?

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama will continue to use executive orders

What does Congress propose to do about it?

There is finally a functioning Congress, now that Reid is out of the way. The real question is, what is Obama going to do now that he will be facing legislation he doesn't like? And Congress can refuse to fund his orders, leaving them toothless.
Why is this Congress any more functioning than we have had in the last four years?
What will get them away from being a Do Nothing Congress?
Congress would have to defund entire branches of government

If Congress cannot legislate, the President will

He just can't do what he feels like doing ...
He has limits.
As much as that drives him crazy.
He goes too far...He's Impeached.

Impeachment is a political tool, nothing more.

The last thing we in the GOP will fool with is a political gambit we can't possibly win. We saw how that turned out last fall.

I am asking the forum readers will there be 15 Democrat Senators willing to join 52 GOP Senators to override Obama's EO regarding immediately admitting millions of illegals becoming citizens?
Because again the LAW is if 2/3 of the House/Senate vote to override an EO it will be overridden.
I believe there are now 15 DEMs in the Senate who wish to continue their life in politics.
This time the GOP is going to publish the names of every House and Senate member and how they vote on every piece of legislation for all to see.
Now we will see which DEMs are willing to get something done and which ones are sticking with that **** Reid whose job it was to protect BOBO at all costs.
Are you trying to tell us that that isn't being done already? The Congressional Record isn't being put out anymore? That's unConstitutional.

Impeachment is a political tool, nothing more.

The last thing we in the GOP will fool with is a political gambit we can't possibly win. We saw how that turned out last fall.

You mean when Obama temporarily slowed down government spending and tried to inflict as much pain as possible on the citizens?

I called the GOP Senate and Mia to a T.

Avory is a fool to suggest anything other than I was right.

ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jon Karl reported that according to WH officials “the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform “no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight” during ABC’s Election coverage on Tuesday.
Karl said “White House officials are saying that you can expect the president to set an aggressive, and defiant tone tomorrow. You're not going to see any mea culpas, no big firings, no change in direction.”

He added “officials tell me the president is prepared to aggressively pursue his agenda using his power of executive authority, where he can't work with Congress, and the big one is going to be on immigration reform. White House officials tell me that the president will move forward with an executive order on immigration reform no matter how big a shellacking Democrats get tonight.”

Good for the President
So you are all in favor of allowing millions of people that break the law to become citizens is that right?
I am like the majority of Americans that find it UNFAIR to people like my daughter in law and a good friend that abided by all the laws and
regulations of the USA to become a naturalized citizen. They didn't sneak across a border. They become GOOD Americans the legal way
Why should people that sneak in through the border bringing all sorts of diseases, criminal activities and then are given amnesty?
Totally UNFAIR!!!

80% of American adults support "stricter border control to try to reduce illegal immigration." This includes 93% Republicans, 76% Democrats, 83% Independents, 74% Blacks, 61% Hispanics, and 75% of 18-39 year olds (ABC News/Washington Post, April 2013).
59% of likely voters say that securing the U.S. border is more important than amnesty. 34% say that amnesty is more important than border security (Rasmussen, July 2013).
69% of registered voters put border security first before any other changes are made in immigration policy (Fox News, March 2013).
64% of likely voters believe that the U.S. border should be under control before any other facets of immigration reform move forward (Rasmussen, March 2013).
Illegal Immigration and Amnesty Polls Federation for American Immigration Reform

For those who pay the fines and are good, hardworking and pay taxes....let em be citizens
YOU just totally ignored the 6.6 million in the last 10 years like my daughter in law and good friend that did it legally!
Those people you described? They could have done exactly what you requested. WHY haven't they???

If they are willing to work hard, obey the laws and pay taxes, I have no problem welcoming new citizens
But they aren't obeying the laws. They are illegal immigrants.

In the absence of a functioning Congress, Obama will continue to use executive orders

What does Congress propose to do about it?

There is finally a functioning Congress, now that Reid is out of the way. The real question is, what is Obama going to do now that he will be facing legislation he doesn't like? And Congress can refuse to fund his orders, leaving them toothless.
Why is this Congress any more functioning than we have had in the last four years?

Simple. The obstructionist democrats aren't controlling the Senate any more. The sane party can now get their legislation through. Reid could have brought the legislation up for debate and vote, but apparently knew his own party would put through some of them, so he sat on them.

How do Republicans propose to get their legislation through the Senate without 60 votes? The Dems couldn't do it
Well for starters now they will be allowed to actually vote on the bills.... That's pretty much the opposite of what the obstructionist Harry Reid did. But we'll have to see I guess.

What makes you think Republican Senate bills will be voted on with less than 60 votes when Democratic bills weren't?

Good for the President
Totally UNFAIR!!!

They won't be if they are given temporary work visas

All you did was vote Democrat this election like all passed elections. =D

It's so fun watching you waste away. Mr. Mainstream.

You love Republicans so much you already have started bitching about them, lol.

Keep squirming, Avory.

Ok, lol. Jake, on these boards you are well known as Jake the fake... Most "average" posters know you by this nick name. You're attempts to insult me keep making me laff.

I'm squirmin like a wormin! lolz. Hey jake, maybe you can use this out of context line in your sig!!!! I'll really think you owned me then haha.

Simple. The obstructionist democrats aren't controlling the Senate any more. The sane party can now get their legislation through. Reid could have brought the legislation up for debate and vote, but apparently knew his own party would put through some of them, so he sat on them.

How do Republicans propose to get their legislation through the Senate without 60 votes? The Dems couldn't do it
Well for starters now they will be allowed to actually vote on the bills.... That's pretty much the opposite of what the obstructionist Harry Reid did. But we'll have to see I guess.

What makes you think Republican Senate bills will be voted on with less than 60 votes when Democratic bills weren't?

We'll have to see numb nuts. Fact is as you JUST admitted LOLOLOLz, Harry Reid held up the vote, cuz Dems obstructed so they could have a slogan. It backfired. Now dems are known for being the most useless congress in history.

Totally UNFAIR!!!

They won't be if they are given temporary work visas
With the UE rate so incredibly high, why do we need to give more work visa so that the uber rich can save money and pay less? Why do you support the growing inequality in wages?????? Why do you support everything that hurts the middle class and poor and support trillions going literally directly into the pockets of the Uber Rich, done by Obama and Dems?

WHYYYYY! RW~!!!

So what can Congress do with the will of most Americans NOT willing to accept illegals gaining citizenship like my daughter in law and a good friend of mine along with the 6.6 million naturalized citizens that followed the law?
  1. Congress may attempt to overturn an executive order by passing legislation (a bill) that opposes the order. However, the President can veto that bill, and Congress would then need to override that veto to pass the bill.
So can Congress override a veto?
  1. Congress can override the veto via a two-thirds vote with both houses voting separately, after which the bill becomes law. The president may also veto specific provisions on money bills without affecting other provisions on the same bill.
So Obama will grant amnesty by executive order.
Congress will overturn the executive Order with a law counter the Executive Order.
Obama vetos the law i.e. doesn't sign the bill.

So the reality comes down to getting 67 votes in the Senate.
Based on this election 52 GOP senators most likely will vote to override Obama leaving 15 Democrats.
So the question is will 15 Democrats believe the majority of Americans find it very wrong granting
illegals "amnesty"

Why are you getting all lathered up about an executive order that doesn't even exist? Just because Breitbarf says the sky is falling doesn't mean that it is. Chill. Have a beer and enjoy your victory.

We'll have to see numb nuts. Fact is as you JUST admitted LOLOLOLz, Harry Reid held up the vote, cuz Dems obstructed so they could have a slogan. It backfired. Now dems are known for being the most useless congress in history.
Not even close....but keep trying

I have to go to work, I'll leave you progressives to cry all over one another. Must be crazy knowing if Reps move stuff forward it's going to only make Obama look like even more of the divider he was in the past.

Forum List

Back