Wingnuts: Boo Bruce Springsteen at Valor concert

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
I was watching it on HBO at my friends house when i thought I heard jeers when "The Boss" walked out onto the stage & I was like "Am I dreaming?" "Is someone booing "Mr. USA"? :eusa_eh:

turns out :up: RightWingnuts :tinfoil: were booing the Boss:
Wingnuts attack Bruce Springsteen Concert for Valor performance condemned as unpatriotic - Salon.com
Viewers unfamiliar with Bruce Springsteen might be forgiven for thinking they heard booing at last night’s Concert for Valor, held yesterday on the Mall in Washington, D.C., and broadcast by HBO. Fans have a specific way of calling his name (“Bruuuuuuuuuuce”) that sounds a little like protest (and a bit like the gentle lowing of cows). But Fox News and other conservatives did call him out this morning for performing a cover of Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Fortunate Son” on the Concert for Valor stage with Dave Grohl and Zac Brown, calling the song anti-military and a poor choice for Veterans Day. Apparently there is one right way to salute our nation’s veterans in these politically polarized times, and it’s with Carrie Underwood singing “Before He Cheats.”

5539409467_4d1eea246b_z.jpg

Last edited:
I was watching it on HBO at my friends house when i thought I heard jeers when "The Boss" walked out onto the stage & I was like "Am I dreaming?" "Is someone booing "Mr. USA"? :eusa_eh:

Most Unbelievable Tattoos - Likes
Viewers unfamiliar with Bruce Springsteen might be forgiven for thinking they heard booing at last night’s Concert for Valor, held yesterday on the Mall in Washington, D.C., and broadcast by HBO. Fans have a specific way of calling his name (“Bruuuuuuuuuuce”) that sounds a little like protest (and a bit like the gentle lowing of cows). But Fox News and other conservatives did call him out this morning for performing a cover of Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Fortunate Son” on the Concert for Valor stage with Dave Grohl and Zac Brown, calling the song anti-military and a poor choice for Veterans Day. Apparently there is one right way to salute our nation’s veterans in these politically polarized times, and it’s with Carrie Underwood singing “Before He Cheats.”

It was a fantastic choice of a song.

Just because the stupid people at fox news don't know what it's about doesn't mean it's a bad choice.

I would look a the fox news people and ask them how many rich people's or politician's children were sent to Iraq or Afghanistan?

The song is about people who cheer war but do all they can to keep their own children out of it and harm's way.

Just because the stupid people at fox news don't know what it's about doesn't mean it's a bad choice.

I would look a the fox news people and ask them how many rich people's or politician's children were sent to Iraq or Afghanistan?

The song is about people who cheer war but do all they can to keep their own children out of it and harm's way.

Good song.
Wrong venue.
Maybe Bruce didn't understand what the nigt was about.

Faux & Friends mention this fact? :doubt:

Apparently there is one right way to salute our nation’s veterans in these politically polarized times, and it’s with Carrie Underwood singing “Before He Cheats.”

Good song.
Wrong venue.
Maybe Bruce didn't understand what the nigt was about.
Maybe you didn't. Fortunate Son was a anthem for Vietnam troops in country and veterans when they came home. The fortunate sons got draft deferments and pushed to the front of National Guard recruitment lists. The guys in Vietnam were not the fortunate sons.

Lost all respect for Springsteen when he came out publicly with his political beliefs.
Anytime I see him now on VH1 or a Springsteen song comes on the radio, I turn the station.

So, since Bill Clinton would be one of the fortunate sons the song is criticizing, does this mean Fox is protesting on behalf of Clinton?????

Seems odd to me.

Wingnuts attack Bruce Springsteen Concert for Valor performance condemned as unpatriotic - Salon.com
Viewers unfamiliar with Bruce Springsteen might be forgiven for thinking they heard booing at last night’s Concert for Valor, held yesterday on the Mall in Washington, D.C., and broadcast by HBO. Fans have a specific way of calling his name (“Bruuuuuuuuuuce”) that sounds a little like protest (and a bit like the gentle lowing of cows)

So? You're unfamiliar with Springsteen, huh? :lol:

Springsteen is overrated.
A friend gave me a cassette of Greetings From Asbury Park.

I popped it in the player, and threw it out of the window about 10 minutes later.

His biggest(no pun intended) fan is Chris Christie.

What more disparaging remark can I make about "the Boss".

Granny says, "Dat's right - 'The Boss' needs to repent or Jesus gonna put him inna lake o' fire an' brimstone with Satan...
icon_grandma.gif

Petition: Springsteen Cancelling Concert is Like Bakers Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Cakes
April 11, 2016 | A new petition on Change.org is defending rocker Bruce Springsteen and his decision to cancel a concert in North Carolina due to a controversial new law.
The petition is the work of Dennis Burgard, a 51 year-old real estate broker and investor from Jacksonville, NC. It argues that Springsteen refusing business with North Carolina is no different than bakers refusing gay wedding clients based on deeply held religious convictions. "Springsteen acted in the exact manner a baker did in refusing to bake a cake due to deeply held personal beliefs, yet they were fined and he is celebrated," Burgard told CNSNews. On April 8, Springsteen posted a message on his Facebook page explaining why he had cancelled the show April 10 due to HB2, a North Carolina law that requires people to use the bathroom that assigned with their biological gender. Critics have decried the law as anti-transgender.

Springsteen's Facebook post reads:

As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.

MORE

See also:

Rev. Graham to Bruce Springsteen: 'A Nation Embracing Sin' And 'Political Correctness Is Not Progress'
April 11, 2016 | Reverend Franklin Graham criticized rocker Bruce Springsteen for canceling a concert in North Carolina because he opposes the new state law there that prohibits biological males from using women's locker rooms, showers, and bathrooms, stating that Springsteen's pro-homosexual views are not progressive, but conducive to "embracing sin" and worshipping "godless secularism and political correctness."
"Bruce Springsteen, a long-time gay rights activist, has cancelled his North Carolina concert," said Franklin Graham in an April 9 post on Facebook. "He says the NC law ‪#‎HB2 to prevent men from being able to use women's restrooms and locker rooms is going 'backwards instead of forwards.'" "Well, to be honest, we need to go back! Back to God," said Rev. Graham. "Back to respecting and honoring His commands. Back to common sense." "Mr. Springsteen, a nation embracing sin and bowing at the feet of godless secularism and political correctness is not progress," said the reverend. "I’m thankful North Carolina has a governor, Pat McCrory, and a lieutenant governor, Dan Forest, and legislators who put the safety of our women and children first!" said Graham. "HB2 protects the safety and privacy of women and children and preserves the human rights of millions of faith-based citizens of this state."

screen_shot_2016-04-11_at_2.09.55_pm.png

HB2, which became a statewide law in North Carolina on March 23, overrides all city ordinances relative to the bathroom and locker room issue and states that people must use the bathroom designated to their sexual identity on their birth certificates: men use men's facilities, women use women's facilities. Unisex and family bathrooms can be used by transgenders and whoever cares to use them. Also, if a person has a sex change operation and has their birth certificate changed to their new sexual identity, they may use the bathroom that matches their new identity. Franklin Graham, 63, is the son of world-renowned evangelist Billy Graham, and lives in North Carolina. He is married and has five children, and oversees the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) and the international Christian relief group Samaritan's Purse.

Rev. Graham to Bruce Springsteen: 'A Nation Embracing Sin' And 'Political Correctness Is Not Progress'

Why would I booo such an idiot that put a woman's right to privacy under what a few cross dressers desire?

Hell, I'd be laughing my ass off at the has been

Forum List

Back