Wisconsin reports more than 2,300 new cases, 16 deaths as COVID spirals 'out of control'

Pretty sure Donald can kiss any prospect of winning Wisconsin buh-bye.

Wisconsin's coronavirus crisis is dire and is going to get worse before it improves, state health officials said Wednesday.​
The warnings were paired with the announcement of an alternate care facility set to open next week at State Fair Park in West Allis, intended to help free up beds at hospitals inundated with coronavirus patients.​
"Our state is in a dangerous place," state Health Services Secretary-designee Andrea Palm said. "We are overwhelming our health care system."​
Hospitals in Wisconsin are treating nearly triple the number of coronavirus patients as a month ago, and they're doing so with dwindling bed capacity and severe staffing shortages as hundreds of health care workers exposed to the virus in the community are forced to quarantine at home.​

"This is going to get worse before it gets better. Our current surge in cases will lead to even more hospitalizations, and we must prepare for that," Palm said.​

This sounds about right. The amount of time from an event until an outbreak or hotspot happens.

trump has been to Wisconsin twice in the campaign. The last time was September 17th. Which is exactly 3 weeks ago.

I bet if you look at where trump has had his rallies you will find increases of the virus.

He doesn't social distance. Very few wear masks.

People get the virus at his rallies then goes home and spreads it everywhere they go.

It's not surprising Wisconsin is having such a hard time with the virus.
Wisconsin has been under a (very probably illegal) face diaper mandate since August 1, nitwit.

If those idiotic, virtue signaling, talismans of blind obedience were worth a shit, there wouldn't be a surge in in infections.

So like I said before, you'll only follow the science that affirms what you already believe and discards what does not.

Nope, I go with the numbers on the beliefs of EXPERTS in appropriate fields.

But you don't. You flat out presumed that these other people aren't experts without even knowing who they are because they signed onto a narrative you already decided you don't agree with. Furthermore, the three co-authors of that paper are three of the top epidemiologists in the world, one from Stamford, one from Oxford, and one from Harvard, and you dismissed that outright. You don't believe in science; you believe in confirmation bias.

So like I said before, you'll only follow the science that affirms what you already believe and discards what does not.

Nope, I go with the numbers on the beliefs of EXPERTS in appropriate fields.

But you don't. You flat out presumed that these other people aren't experts without even knowing who they are because they signed onto a narrative you already decided you don't agree with. Furthermore, the three co-authors of that paper are three of the top epidemiologists in the world, one from Stamford, one from Oxford, and one from Harvard, and you dismissed that outright. You don't believe in science; you believe in confirmation bias.

I will study your links when I have more time and appreciate your opinion. But if there are three co-authors of your paper and 1000 others of equal or greater gravitas who disagree, then my "confirmation bias" (an overused term today btw ;-) will be correct!

Surges were expected as we crawl toward winter and continue to ease up on ways to prevent the spread of the virus.
Hell, even the minks are getting it. Yup, we're screwed.

Last dash rush to get mileage on the WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF TRUMP CAMPAIGN.

To see how many losers actually listen to the boy who has cried wolf a thousand times.

Last dash rush to get mileage on the WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF TRUMP CAMPAIGN.

To see how many losers actually listen to the boy who has cried wolf a thousand times.

I think that ship's already sailed. But don't worry, it's just the Democrat's latest hoax.

I think that ship's already sailed. But don't worry, it's just the Democrat's latest hoax.
yes .........your reaction to this pandemic is a hoax.

That is correct.......good boy.......you want a doggy biscuit.

So explain something for us when there is a rise in covid cases in a state with Republican Governor it is the fault of that Governor but when it's a State with Democrat Governor as is the case with Wisconsin it's the fault of Trump/Pence. If one was the highly skeptical type they might think you were being very phony about your concern over the rise in cases and just shoveling partisan horseshit.

Pretty sure Donald can kiss any prospect of winning Wisconsin buh-bye.

Wisconsin's coronavirus crisis is dire and is going to get worse before it improves, state health officials said Wednesday.​
The warnings were paired with the announcement of an alternate care facility set to open next week at State Fair Park in West Allis, intended to help free up beds at hospitals inundated with coronavirus patients.​
"Our state is in a dangerous place," state Health Services Secretary-designee Andrea Palm said. "We are overwhelming our health care system."​
Hospitals in Wisconsin are treating nearly triple the number of coronavirus patients as a month ago, and they're doing so with dwindling bed capacity and severe staffing shortages as hundreds of health care workers exposed to the virus in the community are forced to quarantine at home.​

"This is going to get worse before it gets better. Our current surge in cases will lead to even more hospitalizations, and we must prepare for that," Palm said.​

Them rioters i bet.

Forum List

Back