With great power comes great responsibility

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
This is something that any Spiderman fan has heard, but very few people really understand. Obama has great power, but refuses to take up the responsibility that is required to use it wisely. The result is tyranny.

When I filibustered over domestic drone use, critics said that I was being ridiculous. They said that no American had been killed by a drone on American soil and that no one was likely to be anytime soon. President Obama responded that he hadn’t killed anyone yet and didn’t intend to — but he might.
That wasn’t the point. The filibuster was about the limits of power. It was about how much authority the president imagined he had. Lincoln wrote that nearly any man can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man, give him power.
I think Mr. Obama has failed that test of power. From the cover-up in Benghazi to letting the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) target the Tea Party to First and Fourth Amendment violations in obtaining records from the press, Mr. Obama has shown disregard for the Bill of Rights and his responsibilities as commander in chief.

PAUL: A staggering abuse of power - Washington Times

And, no, this is not me saying that Obama personally ordered any of this, this is me saying he is responsible because he is unprepared to hold power.

IRS thumbs it's nose at taxpayers an' takes a day off...
:eusa_eh:
IRS Sequesters Itself Into 4-Day Holiday Weekend
24 May`13 - "Due to the current budget situation, all IRS offices will be closed on May 24, June 14, July 5, July 22 and August 30," says an announcement on the IRS Website.
Although IRS employees will not be paid for those furlough days, the dates chosen will give them three four-day weekends (over Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day) and two three-day weekends. Four of the furlough days are Fridays (May 24, June 14, July 5, Aug. 30) and one, July 22, is a Monday. All IRS offices, including those with toll-free hotlines, the Taxpayer Advocate Service and the agency's nearly 400 taxpayer assistance centers nationwide, will be closed on the five days mentioned above.

No tax returns will be processed and no compliance-related activities will take place, the IRS announcement said. But -- "taxpayers should continue to file their returns and pay any taxes due as usual." "Taxpayers needing to contact the IRS about their returns or payments should be sure to take these furlough dates into account," the IRS said.

And because none of the furlough days are considered federal holidays -- although they are followed by federal holidays -- the shutdown of IRS offices will have no impact on any tax-filing deadlines. The IRS said it will be unable to accept or acknowledge receipt of electronically-filed returns on any day the agency is shut down. The IRS said it will give taxpayers extra time to comply with requests to provide documents to the IRS. This includes administrative summonses, requests for records in connection with a return examination, review or compliance check, or document requests related to a collection matter.

Where the last day for responding to an IRS request falls on a furlough day, the taxpayer will have until the next business day. If the last day to respond is Friday, May 24, for example, the taxpayer will have until Tuesday, May 28, to comply (because Monday, May 27 is Memorial Day). The IRS said it may announce one or two additional furlough days later, if necessary. Calls to the IRS to find out who in the chain of command decided on Friday furloughs were not returned by press time.

IRS Sequesters Itself Into 4-Day Holiday Weekend | CNS News

The result is tyranny.

I think all of us in Europe are very sad to hear about Americans being forced into prison camps, about journalists being shot, and conservative politicians executed. I was shocked when Obama closed down Fox, had Sarah Palin arrested and then shut down Congress.

Any American who believes he lives under tyranny needs to spend some time in North Korea.

The result is tyranny.
I think all of us in Europe are very sad to hear about Americans being forced into prison camps, about journalists being shot, and conservative politicians executed. I was shocked when Obama closed down Fox, had Sarah Palin arrested and then shut down Congress.

Any American who believes he lives under tyranny needs to spend some time in North Korea.

I think you think you are witty.

That is understandable, you think reading a book makes you an expert on any subject.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S Lewis

C.S. Lewis on -soft- Tyranny | What The Crap?

If you don't see a type of tyranny in forcing people to buy health insurance, in arresting people for video taping public servants on public property, warrrantless wire taps, no knock searches for dubious cause then you my little sheep are fucking blind.

That is understandable, you think reading a book makes you an expert on any subject.

I've never saidanything even remotely like that, obviously, but it is interesting that the best defence of your thread is to deride books and reading. That tells us a lot.

I am mocking your absurd belief that reading a book makes you an expert, which actually reinforces the value of actually reading. I am still willing to bet I read more books last month than you read last year. Hell, I probably bought more books last year month than you read your whole life.

QW -

I am mocking your absurd belief that reading a book makes you an expert,

Again, something you simply made up. I've never said anything remotely like that.

I am still willing to bet I read more books last month than you read last year.

If you really do read more than a book per day, then I take my hat off to you. I think we both know that you don't.

QW -

[

If you really do read more than a book per day, then I take my hat off to you. I think we both know that you don't.

And neither do you, dear.

Anyway, Obama is circling the toilet these days. Look at the cabinet he's installed for his second term. The first term had some qualified people in it. Geithner had been president of the Fed. Gates was a holdover from Bush. They were qualifed people, even if I didnt like their policies.
Look at the current crop. Jacob Lew has no more business being SecTreasury than he does being Chief Rabbi. Absolutely no experience that would prepare him for this job. Chuck Hegel is no more qualified to be SecDef than he is to drive the Indy 500. John Kerry would be more successful as head of VFW than he will be as SecState.
It is common for dictators to surround themselves with weaker and weaker people because they are the only ones they trust. BUt this leaves them with a weak team when crisis hits. In the face of these crises Obama responds by going to commencement services and giving speeches, focusing on drones, etc. He is either totally incompetent, at sea and disengaged, or he is guilty as hell.

QW -If you really do read more than a book per day, then I take my hat off to you. I think we both know that you don't.

Anyway, Obama is circling the toilet these days. Look at the cabinet he's installed for his second term. The first term had some qualified people in it. Geithner had been president of the Fed. Gates was a holdover from Bush. They were qualifed people, even if I didnt like their policies.
Look at the current crop. Jacob Lew has no more business being SecTreasury than he does being Chief Rabbi. Absolutely no experience that would prepare him for this job. Chuck Hegel is no more qualified to be SecDef than he is to drive the Indy 500. John Kerry would be more successful as head of VFW than he will be as SecState.
It is common for dictators to surround themselves with weaker and weaker people because they are the only ones they trust. BUt this leaves them with a weak team when crisis hits. In the face of these crises Obama responds by going to commencement services and giving speeches, focusing on drones, etc. He is either totally incompetent, at sea and disengaged, or he is guilty as hell.

Sounds like the lament of a loser that still hasn't come to terms with his re-election. Americans don't care. They want an opposition that does its job, not just obstructs progress.

QW -If you really do read more than a book per day, then I take my hat off to you. I think we both know that you don't.

Sounds like the lament of a loser that still hasn't come to terms with his re-election. Americans don't care. They want an opposition that does its job, not just obstructs progress.

Is that your take here? There is nothing to see here, folks, move along?

The media is pissed off because news collection is harder now with sources not wanting to talk. That's money out of their pockets. Which means they are pissed at the Obama Administration, feeling duped by them. They will be reporting the hell out of these stories. And people will come to realize the real danger that Obama represents.
The "obstruction" bit just won't play.

No, I don't read more than a book per day.

But you claimed:

I read about a book a week, on average. That means you read 50 books in the past month. Which is more than a book a day, of course.

So you lost your bet, didn't you? What did I win?

No, I don't read more than a book per day.

But you claimed:

I read about a book a week, on average. That means you read 50 books in the past month. Which is more than a book a day, of course.

So you lost your bet, didn't you? What did I win?

I didnt claim anything about my reading habits. That was another poster.
You win:

The CLueless Moron Award!

Two weeks vacation in Detroit. Congrats.

I've never saidanything even remotely like that, obviously, but it is interesting that the best defence of your thread is to deride books and reading. That tells us a lot.

I am mocking your absurd belief that reading a book makes you an expert, which actually reinforces the value of actually reading. I am still willing to bet I read more books last month than you read last year. Hell, I probably bought more books last year month than you read your whole life.

Not sure which one? I think you might be embellishing just a bit.

Not sure which one? I think you might be embellishing just a bit.

Just a bit, I would think.

Thomas Jefferson - "When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty."

To me, In a Nutshell, this topic boils down to whether or not the current Leaders in Government believe in LIBERTY OR TYRANNY.

When the IRS ATTACKS CITIZENS FOR THEIR BELIEFS, is it LIBERTY or TYRANNY?

When the DOJ wiretaps our PRESS, is it LIBERTY or Tyranny?

Another Great Quote.
[B“Truth is treason in the empire of lies.” ― Ron Paul][/B]

Are we traitors for EXPOSING THE LIES in the current administration?

About the LIES IN BENGHAZI?

Fast and Furious?

That so many in our ADMINISTRATION DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING WHEN QUESTIONED?

If they know the truth but refuse to say it, are they still LYING?

Finally, is this the intent of this post, or am I misreading something here?

Forum List

Back