With Troops On the Ground, Did Russia Just Take Over OPEC?

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Real Clear Markets ^ | October 6,2015 | Mark Mills
Here's the rub: A new normal price of even $60 remains economically devastating for OPEC at large, for the Middle East, and, in particular, for Russia. But a $60 price (it's still $45 at press time) would re-ignite a profit-seeking land rush in America's shale fields. Russian oil experts likely remember that the rise of America's shale began when oil was below $60. And it was wildly profitable back then with technology and techniques that were half as efficient as those now available. Thus the emerging global petroleum pricing problem for Russia is severely constrained by the sheer quantity of...

Putin raises prices, America starts fracking again with a decent profit... BUT he needs at least $60 a BBL for Russia failing economy...WHAT shall he do?

They're going for the ME oil feilds, where they can pump for $10/ barrel...

Any idiot can see that.

Any idiot can see that.

Taking a page out of the "Snarlin' Dick & his Sock Puppet" playbook?

How did that work out?

• Banned

Any idiot can see that.

How did that work out?

Shit, they left the cage door open and NeedleDickTheBugFucker got out of his "try this again obuma" thread.... now we'll have droppings everywhere!

Any idiot can see that.

How did that work out?

Shit, they left the cage door open and NeedleDickTheBugFucker got out of his "try this again obuma" thread.... now we'll have droppings everywhere!

Were you and Obiwan enjoying another intimate moment, Vagisil?

Did you spend the day waxing and douching in anticipation?

• Banned

Any idiot can see that.

How did that work out?

We really don't want to hear what you, NaziLand, and Pussypussy do to each other!

Any idiot can see that.

How did that work out?

We really don't want to hear what you, NaziLand, and Pussypussy do to each other!

Hey, it's your song!

• Banned

Any idiot can see that.

How did that work out?

Hey, it's your song!

But it's your reality!

Real Clear Markets ^ | October 6,2015 | Mark Mills
Here's the rub: A new normal price of even $60 remains economically devastating for OPEC at large, for the Middle East, and, in particular, for Russia. But a $60 price (it's still $45 at press time) would re-ignite a profit-seeking land rush in America's shale fields. Russian oil experts likely remember that the rise of America's shale began when oil was below $60. And it was wildly profitable back then with technology and techniques that were half as efficient as those now available. Thus the emerging global petroleum pricing problem for Russia is severely constrained by the sheer quantity of...

Putin raises prices, America starts fracking again with a decent profit... BUT he needs at least $60 a BBL for Russia failing economy...WHAT shall he do?
Not sure if Putin has this in mind.
If so, I think we'd see mor volatility in the markets.
I read three separate stories on cnbc.com regarding Crude trading. Not one mentioned Russia's incursion into Syria.

Forum List

Back