Woman brutally beaten on Chicago train while bystanders just watch and enjoy

I'm betting she called some Black person a nigga.

So what if she did? Does that give someone the right to lay hands on someone else because that person said something offensive?

The next time someone calls me a hillbilly or a cracker, can I beat the shit out of that person or am I expected to exercise a modicum of self-control?
If you were to call me a nigga in person I'd beat your ass. If you want self control then control yourself from calling names before you start lecturing someone on self control you cave monkey.

Now I know you're going to find this difficult to believe, but the suspects are black.

CHICAGO -- Police are seeking two suspects in the brutal beating of a woman who was riding the CTA Blue Line yesterday morning.

The beating happened around 10 a.m Thursday on a CTA Blue Line train headed west, approaching the Kedzie-Homan stop.

19-year-old DePaul student Jessica Hughes was on her way home to Berwyn from a morning class and says after a large group of people got off the train at the UIC Halstead stop, a man moved to the seat in front of her, turned around and attacked.

“He grabs me, pushes me to the floor and starts beating on my head repeatedly,” Jessica said.

The man wanted Jessica’s phone. It was in her pocket. A woman who was with the attacker jumped in and punched Jessica in the nose, breaking it.

All the while, two male passengers stood by and watched.

“He kept beating on me. I'm yelling help to the other people and no one came “

The suspects did not get Jessica's phone. They ran off the train.

The attackers were captured on surveillance video.

“I'm just hoping everything they need is on that video,” Jessica said. “And they're able to get those people that did this to me.”She described the attacker as an African American man in his mid-20's. She says he had facial hair, was wearing a blue Ralph Lauren polo hat, a grey hoodie and baggy pants that were sagging below his waist.

She says the woman, also African American in her mid-20's was extremely thin, with long black hair.

Chicago police are investigating, but had not interviewed Jessica yet when WGN News spoke with her earlier this afternoon.

CTA released a statement saying:

CTA continues to work closely with CPD as they investigate the matter, which includes reviewing and providing them with any video surveillance footage.
Overall, serious crime is very rare on CTA trains and buses, averaging seven incidents for every 10 million rides in 2015.
CTA has more than 23,000 security cameras across all stations, buses and trains; it's one of the few system-wide networks in the nation and has proved to be an invaluable tool for police investigating crimes committed on or near CTA property. In fact, the cameras are a contributing factor behind the 25 percent decrease in crime reported across CTA properties in 2015 - the fourth straight year that crimes have decreased on the CTA.

Woman attacked while riding Blue Line, suspects sought

Another racist white elitist bitch going to a fancy college getting what she deserves. I am sure BO will expose this woman for the Bogot she clearly is.

So you have no self-control? You just have to give into your anger?

Were the Kluckers right? Do blacks have no self-control? Are you little more than animals who can't behave?

So what if she did? Does that give someone the right to lay hands on someone else because that person said something offensive?

The next time someone calls me a hillbilly or a cracker, can I beat the shit out of that person or am I expected to exercise a modicum of self-control?
If you were to call me a nigga in person I'd beat your ass. If you want self control then control yourself from calling names before you start lecturing someone on self control you cave monkey.

The next time someone calls me a bucktooth-moron I am going to...er wait a minute,...never mind.

The next time someone calls me a bucktooth-moron I am going to...er wait a minute,...never mind.

Sticks and stones may break your bones but words are worse?

You should knock some of their teeth out so they understand its not a good thing to call people names.

Sticks and stones may break your bones but words are worse?
Yes words are worse. Physical injuries dont harm your mind. Words stay with you and effect self esteem. Words dictate everything. Thats why people talk and persuade using words.

Were the Kluckers right? Do blacks have no self-control? Are you little more than animals who can't behave?

Ouch, a biting question that deserves an answer.

What if the person were black and called you that? Would you beat their ass too?

Whatever makes you think twice about being brave enough to call me a nigga to my face. If it makes you feel better to think I am a little more than an animal have at it.

What if the person were black and called you that? Would you beat their ass too?
Depends on the context.

If the perps had a dad he'd look like Obama.
If the victim had a brain she wouldnt be a victim.
Da fuk??? She was listening to her phone, which was in her pocket. So now its HER fault???
She should have been looking at her surroundings instead of listening to her phone. its her fault for being a convenient victim. That doesnt make the crack heads any less guilty.
She was aware, article states she immediately got a bad feeling when perp moved up across from her.

If the perps had a dad he'd look like Obama.
If the victim had a brain she wouldnt be a victim.
Da fuk??? She was listening to her phone, which was in her pocket. So now its HER fault???
She should have been looking at her surroundings instead of listening to her phone. its her fault for being a convenient victim. That doesnt make the crack heads any less guilty.
She was aware, article states she immediately got a bad feeling when perp moved up across from her.
Sounds more like monday morning quarterbacking. Obviously she didnt listen to her feeling if she was still listening to her phone. She should have put the phone away and gave the appearance of being fully alert to her surroundings and even moved away.

Now I know you're going to find this difficult to believe, but the suspects are black.

CHICAGO -- Police are seeking two suspects in the brutal beating of a woman who was riding the CTA Blue Line yesterday morning.

The beating happened around 10 a.m Thursday on a CTA Blue Line train headed west, approaching the Kedzie-Homan stop.

19-year-old DePaul student Jessica Hughes was on her way home to Berwyn from a morning class and says after a large group of people got off the train at the UIC Halstead stop, a man moved to the seat in front of her, turned around and attacked.

“He grabs me, pushes me to the floor and starts beating on my head repeatedly,” Jessica said.

The man wanted Jessica’s phone. It was in her pocket. A woman who was with the attacker jumped in and punched Jessica in the nose, breaking it.

“I'm just hoping everything they need is on that video,” Jessica said. “And they're able to get those people that did this to me.”She described the attacker as an African American man in his mid-20's. She says he had facial hair, was wearing a blue Ralph Lauren polo hat, a grey hoodie and baggy pants that were sagging below his waist.

She says the woman, also African American in her mid-20's was extremely thin, with long black hair.

Chicago police are investigating, but had not interviewed Jessica yet when WGN News spoke with her earlier this afternoon.

CTA continues to work closely with CPD as they investigate the matter, which includes reviewing and providing them with any video surveillance footage.
Overall, serious crime is very rare on CTA trains and buses, averaging seven incidents for every 10 million rides in 2015.
CTA has more than 23,000 security cameras across all stations, buses and trains; it's one of the few system-wide networks in the nation and has proved to be an invaluable tool for police investigating crimes committed on or near CTA property. In fact, the cameras are a contributing factor behind the 25 percent decrease in crime reported across CTA properties in 2015 - the fourth straight year that crimes have decreased on the CTA.

GASP! Black people can be hateful, mean and violent? I am shocked. Does the "Black lives matter" folks know that?

I am guessing BLM won't weigh in on this one.

Explain what she should have done....she perceived a possible brewing situation....now tell us what she should have done lacking an self defense mech...other than better rdy to unleash the kick to the balls

GASP! Black people can be hateful, mean and violent? I am shocked. Does the "Black lives matter" folks know that?

I am guessing BLM won't weigh in on this one.

Probably not since the victim isnt a Black person shot by a white racist cop.

Forum List

Back