Woman brutally beaten on Chicago train while bystanders just watch and enjoy

Now I know you're going to find this difficult to believe, but the suspects are black.

CHICAGO -- Police are seeking two suspects in the brutal beating of a woman who was riding the CTA Blue Line yesterday morning.

The beating happened around 10 a.m Thursday on a CTA Blue Line train headed west, approaching the Kedzie-Homan stop.

19-year-old DePaul student Jessica Hughes was on her way home to Berwyn from a morning class and says after a large group of people got off the train at the UIC Halstead stop, a man moved to the seat in front of her, turned around and attacked.

“He grabs me, pushes me to the floor and starts beating on my head repeatedly,” Jessica said.

The man wanted Jessica’s phone. It was in her pocket. A woman who was with the attacker jumped in and punched Jessica in the nose, breaking it.

All the while, two male passengers stood by and watched.

“He kept beating on me. I'm yelling help to the other people and no one came “

The suspects did not get Jessica's phone. They ran off the train.

The attackers were captured on surveillance video.

“I'm just hoping everything they need is on that video,” Jessica said. “And they're able to get those people that did this to me.”She described the attacker as an African American man in his mid-20's. She says he had facial hair, was wearing a blue Ralph Lauren polo hat, a grey hoodie and baggy pants that were sagging below his waist.

She says the woman, also African American in her mid-20's was extremely thin, with long black hair.

Chicago police are investigating, but had not interviewed Jessica yet when WGN News spoke with her earlier this afternoon.

CTA released a statement saying:

CTA continues to work closely with CPD as they investigate the matter, which includes reviewing and providing them with any video surveillance footage.
Overall, serious crime is very rare on CTA trains and buses, averaging seven incidents for every 10 million rides in 2015.
CTA has more than 23,000 security cameras across all stations, buses and trains; it's one of the few system-wide networks in the nation and has proved to be an invaluable tool for police investigating crimes committed on or near CTA property. In fact, the cameras are a contributing factor behind the 25 percent decrease in crime reported across CTA properties in 2015 - the fourth straight year that crimes have decreased on the CTA.

Woman attacked while riding Blue Line, suspects sought
This story makes me angry. I will be praying that God rewards her attackers according to the works of their own hands. God is able to do what man cannot do. These people didn't get away with anything. You haven't heard the end of this story just yet!

A black woman was assaulted by black males. Um , we are always keen to bring up race when a black is the victim, in fact, we over play it. When blacks kill or assault each other, we are ever so nice as to look the other way. Aren't we so nice? SHHH. We enable people to hurt each other because race is taboo. What a bunch of wimps we are!

If the perps had a dad he'd look like Obama.
If the victim had a brain she wouldnt be a victim.
Or maybe she bought the happy talk of diversity is her strength
That doesnt mean there arent dangerous people still out there. Like i said if she had a brain and understood diversity has nothing to do with being aware of your surroundings and recognizing danger she wouldnt have gotten targeted. I can tell by your post you are the opposite. You live in extreme fear of everyone that is not a pale pink and smells like a wet dog.

Awe, poor white girl got beat by blacks.....next? As much as ww love them some blacks, why is this an issue?

tiggered59, the issue is that afro americans are a protected racial group even though they are way more likely to commit violent crime than any other group. The cops did not even indicate they were interested in tracking down the savages who attacked the girl. The MSM is silent on this, yet goes ape shit when San Francisco cops joke about the savages they have to deal with day in and day out. If the girl being assaulted defended herself and shot the savages, she would be crucified by the MSM and local DA, and OBama and all the other race hustlers were emerge from under their rocks.

If they were armed and shot her, they'd have probably gotten her phone. Firearms are never the answer in these situations wher the attacker has initiative.

Perhaps it's time for the Guardian Angels to open a chapter in Chicago?

Oh and I have nothing but contempt for the cowards that stood by and watched.

:lol:

I think it's hilarious and ironic when intellectual lightweights who are too fucking stupid to learn how to spell the word "wouldn't" make disparaging comments about somebody's brain.

Hey Mr. Milkweed, did you know that the average IQ of an Afro-American is ~85?

Last edited:
Now I know you're going to find this difficult to believe, but the suspects are black.

CHICAGO -- Police are seeking two suspects in the brutal beating of a woman who was riding the CTA Blue Line yesterday morning.

The beating happened around 10 a.m Thursday on a CTA Blue Line train headed west, approaching the Kedzie-Homan stop.

19-year-old DePaul student Jessica Hughes was on her way home to Berwyn from a morning class and says after a large group of people got off the train at the UIC Halstead stop, a man moved to the seat in front of her, turned around and attacked.

“He grabs me, pushes me to the floor and starts beating on my head repeatedly,” Jessica said.

The man wanted Jessica’s phone. It was in her pocket. A woman who was with the attacker jumped in and punched Jessica in the nose, breaking it.

“I'm just hoping everything they need is on that video,” Jessica said. “And they're able to get those people that did this to me.”She described the attacker as an African American man in his mid-20's. She says he had facial hair, was wearing a blue Ralph Lauren polo hat, a grey hoodie and baggy pants that were sagging below his waist.

She says the woman, also African American in her mid-20's was extremely thin, with long black hair.

Chicago police are investigating, but had not interviewed Jessica yet when WGN News spoke with her earlier this afternoon.

CTA continues to work closely with CPD as they investigate the matter, which includes reviewing and providing them with any video surveillance footage.
Overall, serious crime is very rare on CTA trains and buses, averaging seven incidents for every 10 million rides in 2015.
CTA has more than 23,000 security cameras across all stations, buses and trains; it's one of the few system-wide networks in the nation and has proved to be an invaluable tool for police investigating crimes committed on or near CTA property. In fact, the cameras are a contributing factor behind the 25 percent decrease in crime reported across CTA properties in 2015 - the fourth straight year that crimes have decreased on the CTA.

I bet they were Americans too. BUILD A WALL, STOP THEM GETTING OUT.
The wall for believers is God's hedge of protection and for unbelievers who have Christian parents / family it is their prayers that keep that wall of protection up. Satan cannot break the hedge unless willful sin is committed - then he petitions for right to wage an attack. As a Christian, I can pray for God to avenge me of mine enemies and watch him do it. I've seen Him do it again and again.

I bet they were Americans too. BUILD A WALL, STOP THEM GETTING OUT.
The wall for believers is God's hedge of protection and for unbelievers who have Christian parents / family it is their prayers that keep that wall of protection up. Satan cannot break the hedge unless willful sin is committed - then he petitions for right to wage an attack. As a Christian, I can pray for God to avenge me of mine enemies and watch him do it. I've seen Him do it again and again.

Holy shit, can you translate this into English please?

To me, those who don't do a thing to try and stop it should go down just as hard as the perp if not harder.

God bless you and the girl always!!!

Holly

:lol:

I think it's hilarious and ironic when intellectual lightweights who are too fucking stupid to learn how to spell the word "wouldn't" make disparaging comments about somebody's brain.
Hey Mr. Milkweed, did you know that the average IQ of an Afro-American is ~85?

Obviously you werent taught to think.

Obviously you didnt realize your average IQ is negative 100.

To me, those who don't do a thing to try and stop it should go down just as hard as the perp if not harder.

God bless you and the girl always!!!

Holly
I dont know if you can convict someone for not getting involved. Crack heads are dangerous and can carry diseases.

I'm betting she called some Black person a nigga.

So what if she did? Does that give someone the right to lay hands on someone else because that person said something offensive?

The next time someone calls me a hillbilly or a cracker, can I beat the shit out of that person or am I expected to exercise a modicum of self-control?

Forum List

Back