Woman dead for six years found mumified in her car

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
A woman who disappeared from her Pontiac, Mich., neighborhood six years ago was found dead in her garage Wednesday evening.

A contractor working for a bank foreclosing on the property found the mummified body of a woman in the backseat of a gray SUV parked in the garage. Police told MLive they believe the body is the homeowner, 49-year-old Pia Davida Farrenkopf.

Judging by the mail piled up inside the house, Farrenkopf died in late 2007 or early 2008. Farrenkopf had discussed plans to move to Germany shortly before she disappeared, and all of her bills were automatically paid, so no one noticed the owner was no longer around.

Oakland County sheriffs have yet to contact the woman's family. The cause of death is still unknown.
Woman Missing For Years Found Mummified In Her Garage
On tv, they said her neighbor mowed her lawn. How can you not smell a dead body? I think she died of loneliness.

There is no dignity even in death nowadays, sad.:(

Where do you folks get these disturbing stories from? Men raping their dogs, mummies in garages... what in 'tarnation else? A politician who tells the truth?

:eek:

Last edited:
A woman who disappeared from her Pontiac, Mich., neighborhood six years ago was found dead in her garage Wednesday evening.

A contractor working for a bank foreclosing on the property found the mummified body of a woman in the backseat of a gray SUV parked in the garage. Police told MLive they believe the body is the homeowner, 49-year-old Pia Davida Farrenkopf.

Judging by the mail piled up inside the house, Farrenkopf died in late 2007 or early 2008. Farrenkopf had discussed plans to move to Germany shortly before she disappeared, and all of her bills were automatically paid, so no one noticed the owner was no longer around.

Oakland County sheriffs have yet to contact the woman's family. The cause of death is still unknown.
On tv, they said her neighbor mowed her lawn. How can you not smell a dead body? I think she died of loneliness.

It is really sad that no one noticed. Was this an isolated place? I have neighbors watching out for me. If my car doesn't get moved for 3 days straight they come around checking. And the kids are either calling or emailing. Makes me think of the movie Cipher in the Snow we had to watch in college. If I had mail piling up in my mailbox the postman would be checking around too. WTF? Did she have any neighbors?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a suicide. Car exhaust in a closed garage. Easy. Painless. There was a set of twins who did it that way in Tennessee.

Last edited:

It is really sad that no one noticed. Was this an isolated place? I have neighbors watching out for me. If my car doesn't get moved for 3 days straight they come around checking. And the kids are either calling or emailing. Makes me think of the movie Cipher in the Snow we had to watch in college. If I had mail piling up in my mailbox the postman would be checking around too. WTF? Did she have any neighbors?

Would your neighbors check if they knew that you were moving to Germany?

Would your neighbors check if they knew that you were moving to Germany?

If I hadn't given them a date, yes, they would.

thing is.... why the corpse become mummified as opposed to rotten?

that is weird.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a suicide. Car exhaust in a closed garage. Easy. Painless. There was a set of twins who did it that way in Tennessee.
I'll bet law enforcement verified the vehicle gas tank to see if it was empty. If so, then the suicide scenario is likely.

Yeah. The moving to Germany thing was likely a ruse. People who are intent on suicide find a way. When I worked the units, I knew which ones would go out and find a taller bridge and tried my best to keep my name out of those charts. When I became an NP, I was VERY cautious when their stories didn't add up.

Forum List

Back