Woman mistakes grandson, 7, for burglar, shoots him

Hillsborough deputies: Woman mistakes grandson, 7, for burglar, shoots him | Tampa Bay Times

It was a stupid mistake, but I still feel terrible for the grandmother. I couldn't imagine what she must be going through.

On the other hand, some gun owners need to learn not to shoot into the dark at the slightest things.

I keep the first two cylinders of my home defense .38 loaded with hard rubber pellets. I'm pretty careful, but that sort of thing is my greatest fear.

Terrible story, I grieve with the family and friends, but no, you cannot have my guns and you cannot have my bun rights.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how in the world could she think that her grandson was someone who had broke in when a typical seven year old is how little in physical growth? (shaking my head)

God bless you and the boy always!!!

Holly

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how in the world could she think that her grandson was someone who had broke in when a typical seven year old is how little in physical growth? (shaking my head)

God bless you and the boy always!!!

Holly

A 7 year old white kid is about the same size as a Mexican adult, it's a possible mistake for people near the border. Still, I opt for a non-lethal option as my first line of defense. Even the tiny possibility of a mistake makes it prudent in my view.

Forum List

Back