Women in the Media

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
In the current societal portrayals a woman is evaluated by her career and her appearance.
A woman can be on a top pedestal for having a beautiful countenance (face and hair) and figure. Give her a good paying successful career and she is on top of the food chain for tall pedestals of someone to aspire to be.

However,
If a woman has become pregnant or has small children, her life is over from any aspirations of anyone wanting to be like her anymore.

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture?

Many women do quite well with media careers after they have children. That said, being attractive is an asset for anyone who has a career in front of the public. Some people on the other hand have a face made for radio

Many women do quite well with media careers after they have children. That said, being attractive is an asset for anyone who has a career in front of the public. Some people on the other hand have a face made for radio
I'm saying that a pregnant woman or a woman with small children who wants to take care of them is portrayed poorly in media currently. "She is just a mom" is the prevailing thought transmitted by all media anymore.
Just saying....

In the current societal portrayals a woman is evaluated by her career and her appearance.
A woman can be on a top pedestal for having a beautiful countenance (face and hair) and figure. Give her a good paying successful career and she is on top of the food chain for tall pedestals of someone to aspire to be.

However,
If a woman has become pregnant or has small children, her life is over from any aspirations of anyone wanting to be like her anymore.

It is very wrong, but it is sadly the way it is.

There is a reason that FoxNews used to be called "Knees news" and they had the women behind glass tables.

It is very wrong, but it is sadly the way it is.

There is a reason that FoxNews used to be called "Knees news" and they had the women behind glass tables.
Oh yeah!
I used to watch before the glass tables and the camera angles went right up those short skirts.

But that was years ago....like 20 years ago.

However,

yeah we need bigger tits and ass in weather reporting,,

Lives ruined by what child... Lizzy Borden?

Do children anger you?
No....
I love children and watching them. Got a huge bunch of nieces and cousins my wife and I watch. (My son is grown but not married and I think he needs to date more so I can have a lot of grandkids)

I'm just somewhat dismayed at how mothers are portrayed in the media of all types. And I think it's a contributing factor to the low birthrate we are seeing. Instead of an average birthrate of 4 children per woman we have a current 1.6 children per woman.
A number for a dying culture...one that needs to change.

They haven't.
I agree....
But for whatever reason lately the joys of parenthood have been absolutely ignored in the media. Children are seen as a problem/expense to overcome or work around instead of the focus.

The whole concept of having a living legacy is completely absent in EVERY bit of media.

However,

What America Needs Is a Unisex Guillotine

Feminism has power only because its main goal is for richgirls to inherit Daddy's power, just like their brothers always have. So it doubles the power of the unAmerican heiristocracy.

Christie Hefner isn't much to look at, but nevertheless she became boss of her Daddy's Playboy Enterprises because of this scheme.

Forum List

Back