Trump And The Right Can Win On The Issues

The economy, border and foreign policy.
Let's hear Harris's solutions to each.

Harris' answer is obvious:
  1. She will disavow all responsibility for the past three years completely conflicting with historical fact.
  2. She will then claim the economy and border are top priorities of hers. And without her appearing on stage at any debate where she might be challenged, no one will disagree with her.
  3. As to foreign policy, Harris is clueless, so will just give circuitous answers that say nothing, using its own words to explain itself, but we both know her actual foreign policy will be a disaster making Biden's look like a walk in the park.

The reason for this thread. We can win on the issues if we ignore everything else and just stick to the issues.

No we can't. What the issues are to you and I are not the issues to the Left. And one of the biggest issues is Harris herself. Trump will run on securing borders, kicking out illegals, fighting crime and making America great. All stuff people have heard before a thousand times.

Harris will run on a bright new future, change, climate, equity, justice, and promise for all from a highly enthused and energetic, fresh new person the public is largely unfamiliar with.

On these grounds, Trump loses badly.

Right now you are right. They have forgotten what the issues are. But, to be fair, Harris hasn't even listed her policies or how she stands on the issues. They are more concerned with calling the other side weird because they don't want to talk about the issues either, and for good reason. The issues favor Republicans. Hell, Harris won't even let herself be interviewed.

And on those grounds, Harris wins. GOP again 50% outgamed by the marketing-savvy left, and 50% outgamed by a negative and old-schooled campaign. But then, Trump was almost KILLED just a few weeks ago and saw his life nearly end. That stuff fcks with your head and is not easy to get over. It is a form of shock to realize that you should be dead right now and only avoided it by a miracle--- worse, that those whom were supposed to be protecting you may have in part had a hand in it.

THE GOOD NEWS is that there are three months to go and Trump can turn it around if his campaign people are good and Trump comes around.

It's clear Democrats are going to hide in the basement and try to let the Dem news media lie them to victory.

Harris is a low-risk politician. She has turned the campaign around against Trump. She will not debate him. She does not acknowledge him. Instead, she puts forth a positive message to young voters. That takes away all of Trump's opportunities to expose her, leaving only a very negative, attack-driven campaign message constantly centered on Harris! Trump is giving her free advertising while saying nothing about why anyone should vote for him instead.

Sadly their supporters are okay with it. It's why they're viewed as low info

Yes but you only get one vote and THEY also get one vote. There is no credit in American elections for being high-info, low-info or no info. And while the GOP cannot once again even unify together into a cogent effort, the democrats unify together like a school of fish.

Unless Trump's people wake up real fast, Trump loses bigly.

I see I've shut this thread down with the truth. Sorry 'bout that. I know it is fun to rah-rah for the home team, but the truth is that the Trump campaign is getting played badly. Reminds me of the turtle and the hare. Please tell me where I'm wrong if you can, otherwise, right now, unless the Trump people step it up and reinvent themselves, they are gonna lose.

In a few weeks, Kammy is going on NETWORK TV by herself to lay out a positive message all will see.

Trump will be by himself on cable news most DON'T see to cry about Kammy on network TV.

So, so very sad.

No we can't. What the issues are to you and I are not the issues to the Left. And one of the biggest issues is Harris herself. Trump will run on securing borders, kicking out illegals, fighting crime and making America great. All stuff people have heard before a thousand times.

Harris will run on a bright new future, change, climate, equity, justice, and promise for all from a highly enthused and energetic, fresh new person the public is largely unfamiliar with.

The top major issues for Americans according to polls are issues Americans favor Trump and the Republicans for.

And on those grounds, Harris wins. GOP again 50% outgamed by the marketing-savvy left, and 50% outgamed by a negative and old-schooled campaign. But then, Trump was almost KILLED just a few weeks ago and saw his life nearly end. That stuff fcks with your head and is not easy to get over. It is a form of shock to realize that you should be dead right now and only avoided it by a miracle--- worse, that those whom were supposed to be protecting you may have in part had a hand in it.

THE GOOD NEWS is that there are three months to go and Trump can turn it around if his campaign people are good and Trump comes around.
While you would think that it would, I don't actually think the assassination attempt changed Trump in any way. Immediately afterward the left were all in a panic because it was looking really bad for the blue team in electoral votes. Not only was Trump ahead in every single swing state, a few of the blue states looked like they could flip. The assassination attempt isn't what changed Trump's game plan, Biden dropping out and Harris taking over changed the momentum of the game and, so far, Trump hasn't gotten it back, which is why I think they need to talk about those issues that voters trust Trump and the Republicans on more than Democrats. Now that the VP hooplah is finally over, maybe we can get back to a somewhat normal campaign.

The top major issues for Americans according to polls are issues Americans favor Trump and the Republicans for.

Yes. Intelligent Americans--- people with a brain who work jobs and pay taxes and pay attention to the world. But the Left are going after the 25-30% stupid people, then there are the independents on the fence about Trump plus the RINO Never-Trumpers. Played right, that can get Harris to the finish line. All she has to do is to SIT BACK and wait for Trump or Vance to trip up. Maybe say something really stupid.

Or just keep basing their whole campaign on attacking her.

While you would think that it would, I don't actually think the assassination attempt changed Trump in any way. Immediately afterward the left were all in a panic because it was looking really bad for the blue team in electoral votes. Not only was Trump ahead in every single swing state, a few of the blue states looked like they could flip. The assassination attempt isn't what changed Trump's game plan, Biden dropping out and Harris taking over changed the momentum of the game and, so far, Trump hasn't gotten it back, which is why I think they need to talk about those issues that voters trust Trump and the Republicans on more than Democrats. Now that the VP hooplah is finally over, maybe we can get back to a somewhat normal campaign.

You may very well be right. The swing in the polls may very well be nothing more than waves caused by unloading Biden, who was very unpopular, for someone else. Not really anything Harris has done. Still, I don't like what I see in the way the two campaigns are unwinding. It may well be that the waters will settle in a bit more time but right now if I were Trump, I'd be rethinking my plans. Too bad that Trump had to sue ABC NOW.

Sometimes I get the idea that republicans just are not very good chess players. The GOP seems to be all about checkers.

Forum List

Back