Workers rally for their rights in West Va

Not sure which states do that, but in my opinion there should not be teachers unions or unions for federal/state employees. Actually, I just don't like unions or their tactics period.

Maybe there is another way to look at this. First of all, I'll admit I'm anti-union - I got a first hand look at union strong arm tactics right out of high school and vowed I would never join a union and I never did. I also worked for labor lawyers at one point in my career. But you're right, Odium, in right-to-work states, people who don't join the unions DO benefit from some benefits afforded by unions ... but here's my question: Doesn't everybody have a right to work and provide for their families? Why the hell would anybody PAY a union for the right to work? You should not HAVE to join a union in order to work, put a roof over your head and feed and clothe your family.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I think right-to-work laws should be changed to say that a person cannot be fired "with or without cause." There should be a legitimate reason for someone to be fired from a job and the person should know exactly what that reason is.

This could be a very long post, but I'll leave it where it is since this is just the 2nd post on this thread (unless, of course someone else hit "post" before I have).
Don't want to join the Union fine but then the Union shouldn't be forced to take care of YOU when problems arise which is what I read is happening.
Yet you have no problem in States that require teachers for example to pay Union dues even if they do not want to be in the Union, right?

Why are teachers "required" to pay union dues? Can you give us some "credible" proof?

Can I be required to be a union member or pay dues to a union? | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation
In some States you are required by law to belong to a union. Like teachers in some States.

Not sure which states do that, but in my opinion there should not be teachers unions or unions for federal/state employees. Actually, I just don't like unions or their tactics period.

Yeah, flipping burgers for minimum wage is much better.

FDR agreed

Maybe there is another way to look at this. First of all, I'll admit I'm anti-union - I got a first hand look at union strong arm tactics right out of high school and vowed I would never join a union and I never did. I also worked for labor lawyers at one point in my career. But you're right, Odium, in right-to-work states, people who don't join the unions DO benefit from some benefits afforded by unions ... but here's my question: Doesn't everybody have a right to work and provide for their families? Why the hell would anybody PAY a union for the right to work? You should not HAVE to join a union in order to work, put a roof over your head and feed and clothe your family.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I think right-to-work laws should be changed to say that a person cannot be fired "with or without cause." There should be a legitimate reason for someone to be fired from a job and the person should know exactly what that reason is.

This could be a very long post, but I'll leave it where it is since this is just the 2nd post on this thread (unless, of course someone else hit "post" before I have).
Don't want to join the Union fine but then the Union shouldn't be forced to take care of YOU when problems arise which is what I read is happening.
Yet you have no problem in States that require teachers for example to pay Union dues even if they do not want to be in the Union, right?

Why are teachers "required" to pay union dues? Can you give us some "credible" proof?

Can I be required to be a union member or pay dues to a union? | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation
In some States you are required by law to belong to a union. Like teachers in some States.

Really? Can you provide some "credible" proof of that claim?

Then don't ask for nor expect the union to help the teacher keep their job or fight against an allegation. My mother was a teacher...she never joined the union and she never asked for their help either.

Forum List

Back