World literature

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Which writers do you like to read?

I hope arts also includes literature

Can we talk about literature there, or is there another section for it? :)

What about Shakespeare?

Btw: He is not so much for being read - more for seeing his Plays. :)

Reading Shakespeare's works was a favorite of mine also Tolstoy, Ayn Rand, Charles Dickens, and Robert Louis Stevenson.
Literature class was always a favorite of mine. American authors my favorites were from the 18th and 19th centuries.

I agree literature is an art form.

Which writers do you like to read?

I hope arts also includes literature

Can we talk about literature there, or is there another section for it? :)

I love "Edgar Allen Poe" - I actually am blood related to Poe. Maybe that is why my favorite color is black and I love Horror/ Murder Mysteries so much; its the genes...

I also like "Steven King"... every single novel he wrote I read

I love "Agatha Christie" Novels... read the good majority of her novels

John Grisham novels

Sherlock Holmes of Course

Classic Books I love:
Dracula, Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, Crime and Punishment, Wuthering Heights, A ClockWork Orange, Lolita, Slaughter House Five, The Maltese Falcon, The Postman Always Rings Twice, The Great Gatsby, Ulysses, Brave New World, The Grapes of Wrath, Catch-22, The Secret Agent, 1984, Animal Farm, Lord of The Flies, The Catcher in the Rye, A Farewell to Arms, I Claudius, War and Peace, Dr. Zhivago, Treasure Island, The Count of Monte Cristo.

Dracula, Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde and The Great Gatsby are probably my favorite novel of all time.

I really just read non-fiction, but my favorites in college were William Faulkner and William Shakespeare.

18th,19th, and into 20th century authors are my favorites . When it comes to fiction I must like the characters to enjoy it.
Some of Hemingway's characters are developed really well but in a lot of his stories I really loathed the characters the only fiction works of his I liked were The Old Man and the Sea and For Whom the Bell Tolls.

I am glad that literature is recognized as an art.

Or where else in the forum could we talk about literature?

Forum List

Back