Who is the most feared power hitter in MLB history?

So much of that is dependent on other people though. You could hit a HR every time at bat and only end up with that number if RBIs if your teammates aren’t getting on base
i just think RBI's are more important for the team winning...like Kyle Schwarber in 22, he hit 46 homers leading the league but only had 94 RBI's...

i just think RBI's are more important for the team winning...like Kyle Schwarber in 22, he hit 46 homers leading the league but only had 94 RBI's...

How does a player control that? If I hit 99 solo shot HR's is the guy who hit 100 singles with a guy on 3rd more valuable or a better hitter than I am?

I'd take the batting leaders of the 1950s and 60s every day of the week over those that came afterwards.

The greatest era in baseball was from the time the game became fully integrated (sometime in the 1950's) to the middle of the 1960's. Other sports like football and basketball were far less popular and thus did not syphon much talent. Likewise, the talent wasn't watered down by numerous expansions.

Another consideration is advantages given to batters after the dominance of pitching during the 1960's. In 1969 the average runs per game increased to over 4 from less than 3.5 as baseball lowered the pitching mound and shrunk the strike zone.

Bonds, then Aaron. Either one of those guys could batflip a HR on an excuse me swing.

No one got more respect than Barry Bonds! The man was "intentionally walked" 100 times in a season w/ another 100 throwing the ball "away" so he couldn't yank it out of the yard! People forget the ultimate respect was observed in AZ. where Bonds was intentionally walked w/ the bases loaded to get at Jeff Kent who was the MVP that season! That hadn't happened in over 40+ years at the time! He had already made a name for himself and was an HOF candidate before being busted for PE! ;-)

Hank was generally an observant Jew, wasn't he?
Hank Greenberg didn't play on
Yom Kippur, but through consulting Rabbis did play Rosh Hashanah (just skipped batting practice) and still hit 2 homers so lucky he did play.
Sandy Koufax was the one legend says didn't play-pitch on Shabbos, but actually did, it was Sandy who never pitched on the first day of Passover, when the Passover Seder was held. He also never pitched on Rosh Hashanah.

I'd take the batting leaders of the 1950s and 60s every day of the week over those that came afterwards.

The greatest era in baseball was from the time the game became fully integrated (sometime in the 1950's) to the middle of the 1960's. Other sports like football and basketball were far less popular and thus did not syphon much talent. Likewise, the talent wasn't watered down by numerous expansions.

Another consideration is advantages given to batters after the dominance of pitching during the 1960's. In 1969 the average runs per game increased to over 4 from less than 3.5 as baseball lowered the pitching mound and shrunk the strike zone.
ahhh that makes sense, because they did that right after the great pitching matchup of Denny McLain's whopping 1.96 era 31-6 record, and Bob Gibson's incredible 1.12 ERA. Ranger Suarez was starting out to have that kind of season this year, let's see if he can pitch more than 6 innings a game and go the full season this hot.

I still have a hard time with that. These people are supporting the destruction of America. My retirement savings, Childrens' futures, everything gone. They are OK with open borders bringing in millions more un-vetted criminals from down south. Murders and rapes by these illegals of Children as young as 12. Bankrupting the nation, cheating the votes, jailing opposition. The list is endless of the dishonest BS they support willy-nilly if told to support it by Deep State DEM masters. I only have time to fire off quickly posts while working. If worded wrong so be it. sometimes I come back and fix them up time permitting.

I have disowned several long time CA friends. I just don't contact or answer anymore. I can hear enough BS right here. Making nice with these evil busturds is equivelant to attending a Satanist Devil worship church as a guest and giving donations saying "these people are not so bad". Uh, yes indeed it is bad very very bad what is going on.
I get what you're saying, but my advice to you is that if you're having an awesome sports discussion with a clear Biden supporter, establish that they are a Biden supporter, that you're a Trump supporter, and have a drink together as you both appreciate the lives you have. Remember, it's the GOP/Conservatives that appreciate what they have and love the USA...

I get what you're saying, but my advice to you is that if you're having an awesome sports discussion with a clear Biden supporter, establish that they are a Biden supporter, that you're a Trump supporter, and have a drink together as you both appreciate the lives you have. Remember, it's the GOP/Conservatives that appreciate what they have and love the USA...
The right wing wants the return of the America cultural 1950s. Not gonna happen, Tonto

I think there are modern ballparks tailored for power hitting Runs. The power hitter is also scoring a run when he hits one. Speed and defense can be important. However, the modern thinking is what you typed.

Forum List

Back