World's largest 3D-printed neighborhood nears completion in Texas

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
These homes are so much stronger than a traditional stick built home and it is not even close. Some of these could probably survive a tornado. I hope the prices come down on these in the future. Fire risk goes down and less need for natural resources.

"It feels like a fortress," Nourzad said, adding that he was confident it would be resilient to most tornados.
The walls also provide strong insulation from the Texas heat, the couple said, keeping the interior temperature cool even when the air conditioner wasn't on full blast.

There was one other thing the 3D-printed walls seemed to protect against, however: a solid wireless internet connection.

"Obviously these are really strong, thick walls. And that's what provides a lot of value for us as homeowners and keeps this thing really well-insulated in a Texas summer, but signal doesn't transfer through these walls very well," Nourzad said.

To alleviate this issue, an ICON spokeswoman said most Wolf Ranch homeowners use mesh internet routers, which broadcast a signal from multiple units placed throughout a home, versus a traditional router which sends a signal from one device.

The 3D-printed homes at Wolf Ranch, called the "Genesis Collection" by developers, range in price from around $450,000 to close to $600,000. Developers said a little more than one quarter of the 100 homes have been sold.

Ok cost per sq ft.....
I posted several vidoes going over specifics,,

and like most new tech the price is high nnow but as time goes on it lowers considerably,,

if I recall right, its one of the rreasons they wennt for a whole neighborhood to bring down cost of moving the equipment,,

Forum List

Back