Why I support eliminating the Federal Level Department of "Education".

Day to day education is run by local school boards and the state
Blame them for poor performance

People like him can't. They're far too busy looking to see what word or sentence might be in a book. This turd and his ilk are like the Catholic
Clergy back-in-the-day (1800s), that *"kept guard over all the ports and bays of California like St. Peter at the gates of heaven, to prevent the entrance of books of a liberal tendency."

American Taliban.

*"Men to Match My Mountains - the monumental saga of the winning of America's far west" - Irving stone

People like him can't. They're far too busy looking to see what word or sentence might be in a book. This turd and his ilk are like the Catholic
Clergy back-in-the-day (1800s), that *"kept guard over all the ports and bays of California like St. Peter at the gates of heaven, to prevent the entrance of books of a liberal tendency."

American Taliban.

*"Men to Match My Mountains - the monumental saga of the winning of America's far west" - Irving stone
They want to disband the Dept of Education as a cure to their Redneck School Boards who are more concerned with harassing gay students and posting the Ten Commandments than paying for good teachers

They want to disband the Dept of Education as a cure to their Redneck School Boards who are more concerned with harassing gay students and posting the Ten Commandments than paying for good teachers
We want it disbanded because it is
1. Unconstitutional on its face
2. Quid Pro Quo to the Teachers' unions
3. Makes the Federal Government more powerful
4. Has a proven track record of disservice to our students.

For the Historically atrophied Left, the entire department, a well as the Cabinet level position were both formed in 1978 by Jimmah Cahtah as payola to the NEA and teachers' unions nationwide for their 1976 endorsement. Since then, Educational performance has been circling the toilet bowl with no end in sight.
Ebonics, Outcome-Based Education, Common Core, NCLB, etc. Standards keep right on getting lowered and lowered. Now with the uptick in homeschooling, charter school enrollment (bear in mind Charters are very much public schools, but with much higher standards for both student AND teacher accountability), and the push for vouchers (which BTW I support), the Left has a boogeyman-school choice. Both the Education department AND Cabinet level Secretary need to be shitcanned and full 100% control of the schools need to be returned to the local and state level.
I am all for abolishing the Department of Education as an unnecessary part of an unmanageable bureaucracy and reassigning, retiring, laying off its 4400 employees.

There could be a small Education Division under Health and Human Services in which competent employees could gather information on test scores, curriculum, graduation rates in public education, costs of tuition/books/fees/housing and admission requirements for all the nation's colleges and universities as well as their rankings in various subjects and make the data available, perhaps for a modest fee, to those who request it.

This could be invaluable for the public schools to advise students what preliminary courses they will need for various disciplines and information to help them know what colleges/universities they want to send applications to and could help individual school systems see how they are performing compared to everybody else. This would certainly qualify as promoting the general welfare as no individual school system is likely to have the resources to gather all that information themselves.

Otherwise there should be no federal involvement in education at any level whatsoever.

We want it disbanded because it is
1. Unconstitutional on its face
2. Quid Pro Quo to the Teachers' unions
3. Makes the Federal Government more powerful
4. Has a proven track record of disservice to our students.

I was going to dispute point by point but is so extremely wrong I wont waste my time

I was going to dispute point by point but is so extremely wrong I wont waste my time
Only because you CANNOT dispute it. Educational standards have fallen since 1978. Now you figure out why, and it ain't the "big bad Republicans". Hell Bill Bennett tried to FIX education in the US and was met with incredible resistance by you scumbags.

Only because you CANNOT dispute it. Educational standards have fallen since 1978. Now you figure out why, and it ain't the "big bad Republicans". Hell Bill Bennett tried to FIX education in the US and was met with incredible resistance by you scumbags.
If you have complaints about educational standards you have to take your complaint to the local school board and your state
They hire the teachers and set the standards

I could teach my children better than what the federally paid schools do. They wouldn't have a high school diploma, but they will learn to stay away from woke culture, good old Christian values, and how to live in the wilderness if they choose to do so.

Forum List

Back