COMMENTARY NUMBER 382
Second-Quarter GDP and Revisions, Durable Goods Orders

July 29, 2011

GDP Growth Slows Markedly

Official Downturn Much Deeper In Revision

Latest GDP No Longer Has Recovered Pre-Recession High

2009 Annual GDP Drop Now Worst Since 1932
— Outside of World War II Production Shutdown

This was an assessment taken in 2011.. Today we have WORSE numbers than those reported a year ago which stated the recession WORSE since the Great Depression.

Another excellent article stating what I just said:

Worse than the Great Depression. | Global Research

Oh but economists are wrong and g500000000000 is right..Got it!

No matter how hard you try to cover it up, you blew it. Durable goods orders dropped the most since the recession, not the Great Depression.

This lame attempt to move the goalposts away from durable goods orders to hide your fuckup is pathetic.

It's a shame you are incapable of admitting a mistake.

Last edited:
The strength outside of transportation could be a harbinger of better days ahead for manufacturing, which has struggled to cope with the severe U.S. recession plus the worst global downturn since the Great Depression, weakness that has severely dampened demand in many of America's major export markets.

Durable goods orders dragged down by transport weakness - USATODAY.com

The Commerce Department said Wednesday that orders for durable goods fell 2.5% last month, much larger than the 0.6% decline that economists had expected

The number reported today SLAPS that statistic down... and yet some dopey ass is trying to state differently??

No matter how hard you try to cover it up, you blew it. Durable goods orders dropped the most since the recession, not the Great Depression.

This lame attempt to move the goalposts away from durable goods orders to hide your fuckup is pathetic.

Wow! Just keep your eye off the ball and split hairs as to the wording, dude. :rolleyes:

If you talk to Chris and a few of those other hardcore lefties, it was the second great depression.

Actually, I just showed where durable goods had fell 7.8% a year ago and it was noted then that , that fall was the greatest since the Great Depression.. Common sense would seem to dictate that a 13.2% drop almost DOUBLES that number dumbass. What's shameful is your fucking ignorance and the obvious chip on your fucking shoulder.

Last edited:

Wow! Just keep your eye off the ball and split hairs as to the wording, dude. :rolleyes:

If you talk to Chris and a few of those other hardcore lefties, it was the second great depression.

Oh, it was certainly the greatest global economic crash since the Great Depression. I do not dispute that. Nor does LadyGunSlinger. After all, that article she just provided is from February 2009. One month after Bush left office.

Durable Goods Orders? Does this has some to do with the economy, who economy? Is an economy really required, but never got very much satisfaction in robust economy, there are areas in the economy that are totally stable, and grows year by year regardless of the state of the economy. if I understood what that was in the first place.

The strength outside of transportation could be a harbinger of better days ahead for manufacturing, which has struggled to cope with the severe U.S. recession plus the worst global downturn since the Great Depression, weakness that has severely dampened demand in many of America's major export markets.

The Commerce Department said Wednesday that orders for durable goods fell 2.5% last month, much larger than the 0.6% decline that economists had expected

The number reported today SLAPS that statistic down... and yet some dopey ass is trying to state differently??

You just keep on digging and digging! This is amazing!

That report is from July 2009!

Oh, it was certainly the greatest global economic crash since the Great Depression. I do not dispute that. Nor does LadyGunSlinger. After all, that article she just provided is from February 2009. One month after Bush left office.

I provided SEVERAL articles showing the drop of durable goods- all numbers which stated had not been seen since the Great Depression.. NONE of those numbers reached the 13.2% we see released today.. That you don't get it.. shows how ignorant you are.

Why not just talk about the crux of the numbers coming out, instead of the gotchya rhetoric? The Obama camp loves good minions like yourself to carry his water. He likes to talk about everything else but his record in the last 3+ years. :eusa_whistle:

You just keep on digging and digging! This is amazing!

That report is from July 2009!

Not too bright are you? If the numbers from 2009 for durable goods show less of a drop than the number today, and it was stated in 2009 that , that number had not been seen since the Great Depression, then it's common FUCKING sense that 13.2% drop in durable goods ECLIPSES the numbers from 2009. Go get a fuckin see-n-say you damn idiot.

Actually, I just showed where durable goods had fell 7.8% a year ago and it was noted then that , that fall was the greatest since the Great Depression.. Common sense would seem to dictate that a 13.2% drop almost DOUBLES that number dumbass. What's shameful is your fucking ignorance and the obvious chip on your fucking shoulder.

You really are not very bright, are you?

That was not the biggest drop in 2009.

The biggest fall in durable goods orders since 2009 combined with a downward revision to second-quarter gross domestic product growth renewed concerns about slowing momentum in the US economy.

The figures, which showed a 13.2 per cent drop in demand for long-lasting manufactured goods and a weaker-than-estimated 1.3 per cent annualised growth rate, overwhelmed an improvement in jobless claims and a slight decline in pending home sales.

US durable goods orders fall most since 2009 - FT.com

Well, well, well. What do you know. A 13.2 percent drop in 2009.

So this current 13.2 percent is the biggest drop since then.

Are you done making a total ass of yourself yet, or do you want to keep going?

You fucked up. You know you fucked up. And your attempts to cover up your fuckup are making you look incredibly foolish.

Last edited:

The biggest fall in durable goods orders since 2009 combined with a downward revision to second-quarter gross domestic product growth renewed concerns about slowing momentum in the US economy.

The figures, which showed a 13.2 per cent drop in demand for long-lasting manufactured goods and a weaker-than-estimated 1.3 per cent annualised growth rate, overwhelmed an improvement in jobless claims and a slight decline in pending home sales.

You fucked up. You know you fucked up. And your attempts to cover up your fuckup are making you look incredibly foolish.

You know what looks foolish?? You running to my threads every time spewing like a geyser.. I provided several links ALL showing that the numbers we're seeing in regard to a DROP in durable goods haven't been seen since the Great Depression.. NO SPIN on that dummy.. FACTS.

Hahaha.. :) Romney needs to take it to him in the debates.. Keep this irresponsible BOZO on defense.. Don't let him move out of that teroritory..NOT ONCE.. Do the job the fucking media refuses to do!
Give airtime to a worthy canidate?

Why not just talk about the crux of the numbers coming out, instead of the gotchya rhetoric? The Obama camp loves good minions like yourself to carry his water. He likes to talk about everything else but his record in the last 3+ years. :eusa_whistle:

I am a lifelong Republican. A conservative since before it was cool to be a conservative.

I am sick and tired of idiots destroying the GOP. It used to be a Conservative was the smartest person in the room. Now, there are a lot of brainless zealots ruining things.

Just ask yourself why the GOP is not whipping an incompetent moron like Obama by a country mile.

We are being destroyed from within.

Get the goddam facts straight. THAT is how you beat Obama. Not by making shit up and looking like an idiot.

I am a lifelong Republican. A conservative since before it was cool to be a conservative.

I am sick and tired of idiots destroying the GOP. It used to be a Conservative was the smartest person in the room. Now, there are a lot of brainless zealots ruining things.

Just ask yourself why the GOP is not whipping an incompetent moron like Obama by a country mile.

Get the goddam facts straight. THAT is how you beat Obama. Not by making shit up and looking like an idiot.

lol!! Careful, you might blow a brain cell.. Hahaha.. Liberals freak out , foaming like a beer keg. It's funny as hell!

Hey, I have another for you..

which has struggled to cope with the severe U.S. recession plus the worst global downturn since the Great Depression, weakness that has severely dampened demand in many of America’s major export markets.

Durable goods orders tumbled in June - Business - Stocks & economy | NBC News

This is all about DURABLE GOODS..

The MSM seems to be focused on one candidate with fair treatment.
Or, should I say, more than fair treatment.

You know what looks foolish?? You running to my threads every time spewing like a geyser.. I provided several links ALL showing that the numbers we're seeing in regard to a DROP in durable goods haven't been seen since the Great Depression.. NO SPIN on that dummy.. FACTS.

And here we see the willful blindness of a zealot kick in. The evidence that we had 13.2 percent in 2009 is right there in front of you.

Therefore, the current 13.2 percent drop is not the biggest since the Great Depression, it is the biggest since the one in 2009.

Your own OP link even says "recession", not "Great Depression". Your very own eyes deceived you.

That's what happens to the willfully blind. They become deluded. They imagine things that are not true.

The NY Times too??
U.S. Durable Goods Orders Fall; Business Spending Rises
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/25/business/economy/25econ.html?_r=0

Durable goods orders are a leading indicator of manufacturing, a sector leading the economy’s recovery from the longest and deepest recession since the Great Depression as businesses replenish inventories.

Note the percentage in drop of durable goods.. THAT NUMBER IS MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lower than the 13.2%.. Suffice to say, if that number which is MUCH lower, was the worst drop since the Great Depression, ANY LAME BRAINED BOOB with a fucking brain cell KNOWS 13.2% ECLIPSES THAT!

Forum List

Back