Worst way to spend a Saturday

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
20191019_120039.jpg

Heater core hell

I remember the good ole days, when you could remove a few bolts and screws on a housing in the engine compartment to get at the heater core.

But NOOOOOOOOOO, they had to turn it into a total R&I nightmare!

is that a ford??
I use to schedule those for sunday work,,they are a lot of fun once you do 5 or 10 of them,,

shouldnt take you more than an hour and a half,,,

I had one start billowing smoke in my '85 F-150 Explorer...it didn't catch fire thankfully.

I remember the good ole days, when you could remove a few bolts and screws on a housing in the engine compartment to get at the heater core.

That's why I keep my '85...that and no airbags....first hit, get your head knocked half off when you might still have steering to do....no thanks.

Broke a heater core tjoint in the process. Only one available in town and it's a hundred bucks. A rubber hose and a plastic t for a hundred damn dollars

Heaters are for girls ...
I havent had a car with a working heater in 5 yrs,,,

and just recently bought a 68 ford wagon for my end of life car and it need a heater core,,,

you have to take off a fender to do it, with all the rusty bolts I have yet to try doing it, but I dont drive it in the winter anyway,,,,

That's why I keep my '85...that and no airbags....first hit, get your head knocked half off when you might still have steering to do....no thanks.
No airbag? Not even a girl friend? ;)

Forum List

Back