🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Would no religion = more peace?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Would no religion = more peace? I am thinking that 1. a non-religious person is more likely to be very educated....This means that they're less likely to be violent. 2. You won't get the shit storm that goes on in the middle east.

Do you agree?

Would no religion = more peace? I am thinking that 1. a non-religious person is more likely to be very educated....This means that they're less likely to be violent. 2. You won't get the shit storm that goes on in the middle east.

Do you agree?

How do you reach these conclusions?

1. Religion has nothing whatsoever with how very educated a person is. Believing in God does not make one ignorant, but intolerance smacks of ignorance and selfishness. Willfully demanding that religious people be denied any belief or symbolism of their faith is a form of emotional violence by non-religious people.

2. The hatred that exists today in the Middle East was there centuries before Jesus Christ (and the followers of Christ, i.e., Christians) ever came on the human scene.

I dnt think it would change anything now
couple thousand years ago? absolutely
might save a few terrorist attacks but that probably it.
most religions are peaceful now. only one I can think of that is not..

Look at Chicago. Those godless blacks and hispanics are killing each other in droves.
Christians and Jews are, by nature, very peaceful people until pushed/prodded/provoked into responding to attacks.

Do you agree?

No. In fact, many religious institutions in developing countries are sources for education and healthcare and have been for a long time. Organized religion also helps to foster a high trust society by providing a sense of community and common bonding element that eventually gets engrained into our larger culture. Francis Fukyama's Trust goes into this aspect of religious communal building and how business structures are very different in China than say they are in the US.

As for the Middle East, Much of the violence is based around political divides and we would probably see that without religion anyway. We call it sectarian, but that's because historically in the Middle East political divides have followed religious lines, but eliminate that as a variable and there would still be divides and power struggles (just take a look at Sub-Saharan Africa).

Look at Chicago. Those godless blacks and hispanics are killing each other in droves.
Christians and Jews are, by nature, very peaceful people until pushed/prodded/provoked into responding to attacks.

That's actually not true at all. Some of the worst conflict the world has known in the past 100 years has occurred in Christian majority regions.

That's actually not true at all. Some of the worst conflict the world has known in the past 100 years has occurred in Christian majority regions.

I don't think so. The Middle East is the biggest hellhole and it's mostly Muslimes. The cities with the highest crime rates in the USA are mostly minorities and democrat-run. Most Christians and Jews are the cream of the crop of the world.

I don't think so. The Middle East is the biggest hellhole and it's mostly Muslimes. The cities with the highest crime rates in the USA are mostly minorities and democrat-run. Most Christians and Jews are the cream of the crop of the world.

WWI? WWII? The Bosnian Genocide? The Rwandan Genocide? The Mayan Genocide? The First and Second wars in the DR Congo (largest international war since WWII)? Korean and Vietnam wars? Not to mention over a hundred smaller conflicts and wars, or even the entire era of colonization through 1960.

af1ca9ab4c007b36cb87e9c1c0364687.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9tKpyii1OI]Excuse my outrage, but I think it's justified. - YouTube[/ame]

Do you agree?
This is devoid of all reasoning.
Both of our world wars were secular in nature.

Do you agree?

It was God's plan to deceive His people with religions, governments, education, etc. besides making us jealous, hungry, sad, resentful, needy, hateful, angry, etc.

This deception caused a contrast in our minds from the Truth, which is information without deception (Christ) that connected to His servant while using flesh called prophets and saints. This is the way God planned on getting in touch with us so He could use us for His purpose to reveal His invisible nature and creation.

We're created as wavebits of energy that can't be seen by our flesh and still can't be seen by scientists today. In fact, we'll never see our created existence but this energy is what gives us life experiences while we have a flesh to experience it with.

What I'm trying to say to you is that there's no such thing as religion but it was created as a delusion and a good way for God to kill off many of His people in His plans. He killed many others through accidents, disease, murder, weather, earth movements, etc.

Do you agree?

It was God's plan to deceive His people with religions, governments, education, etc. besides making us jealous, hungry, sad, resentful, needy, hateful, angry, etc.

This deception caused a contrast in our minds from the Truth, which is information without deception (Christ) that connected to His servant while using flesh called prophets and saints. This is the way God planned on getting in touch with us so He could use us for His purpose to reveal His invisible nature and creation.

We're created as wavebits of energy that can't be seen by our flesh and still can't be seen by scientists today. In fact, we'll never see our created existence but this energy is what gives us life experiences while we have a flesh to experience it with.

What I'm trying to say to you is that there's no such thing as religion but it was created as a delusion and a good way for God to kill off many of His people in His plans. He killed many others through accidents, disease, murder, weather, earth movements, etc.

:eusa_shifty: That's pretty freaky, word-Dude. Pretty freaky indeed.

WWI? WWII? The Bosnian Genocide? The Rwandan Genocide? The Mayan Genocide? The First and Second wars in the DR Congo (largest international war since WWII)? Korean and Vietnam wars? Not to mention over a hundred smaller conflicts and wars, or even the entire era of colonization through 1960.

I'm not talking about history: I'm talking about now. Islam is a "religion" of death and destruction. Muslimes have committed more than 20,000(!!!) deadly terror attacks SINCE 911. Maggots... :mad:

I'm not talking about history: I'm talking about now. Islam is a "religion" of death and destruction. Muslimes have committed more than 20,000(!!!) deadly terror attacks SINCE 911. Maggots... :mad:

That history isn't very old. It's hypocritical to ignore it. Also, the conflict in the DR Congo is still ongoing. About 5 million have died as a result since 1998 alone (mostly due to the side effects of war).

Do you agree?

No. Of course it helps if you don't pull assumptions out of places you shouldn't have your hands.

Forum List

Back