Would you be willing to accept this Second Amendment compromise?

You know, trying to get a straight answer out of daniel is like . . . . I don't even know what. Something very difficult.

No surprise. The creepy way that he continues to address other males as “dear”, in such a manner as to suggest a sexual interest, would seem to indicate that he is anything but “straight”, and therefore, that a “straight” answer is not ever to be expected from him.

I'm going to get an answer that makes sense if it kills me! :lol:

He clearly is willing to lie to continue the debate, so you may not ever get an answer that makes sense.
not me; i resort to the fewest fallacies by custom and habit until it is indistinguishable from a moral; unlike those of the opposing view in this forum in the public domain.

You know, trying to get a straight answer out of daniel is like . . . . I don't even know what. Something very difficult.

No surprise. The creepy way that he continues to address other males as “dear”, in such a manner as to suggest a sexual interest, would seem to indicate that he is anything but “straight”, and therefore, that a “straight” answer is not ever to be expected from him.

He clearly is willing to lie to continue the debate, so you may not ever get an answer that makes sense.
No not lie. He/she/it brings up

Not lie necessarily he/she/it brings up preposterous subjects to deflect, confuse, confound and change the subject.
He/she/it rarely has anything worthwhile to say and seems to delight in irritating everyone he/she/it can.

No not lie. He/she/it brings up

Not lie necessarily he/she/it brings up preposterous subjects to deflect, confuse, confound and change the subject.
He/she/it rarely has anything worthwhile to say and seems to delight in irritating everyone he/she/it can.
It's amazing how quickly and effectively the ignore function takes care of that.

not me; i resort to the fewest fallacies by custom and habit until it is indistinguishable from a moral; unlike those of the opposing view in this forum in the public domain.

You lie. That's all I need to know to realize you are a waste of time.

The current text: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The right generally interpret the militia to be the unorganized militia, that is the entire body of all militarily capable men. The left generally interprets it to be the organized militias of the old colonies, or at least the current National Guard. Instead let us consider it the collective term for the various state defense forces. They're much like the Guard except in that they do not fall under federal authority in any way. To own a firearm legally, one would to buy and register it. To register as a gun owner, one would need to enlist in their state's defense force. What this would mean in practice is that those people carrying a concealed firearm around you in public would be required to attend regular safety and marksmanship instruction from professionals. The pasty white guy packing the Glock in his jacket pocket would pose less of a danger to you and other bystanders when he decided to play big badass hero.

What do you say? Yea? Nay? Yea with modifications?

You start from a false premise. The militia is not an issue.

It's the right of the PEOPLE not the right of the militia.
dear, not just Any militia (of the People) is enumerated, but well regulated militias of the People are specifically enumerated.

"the right of the People", not just the right of the people in well regulated militia. Repeating your lie does not make it true.

dear, only the clueless, the Causeless, and the right have to lie.

why not acquire and possess a clue and a Cause. what is the militia of the United States?

The current text: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The right generally interpret the militia to be the unorganized militia, that is the entire body of all militarily capable men. The left generally interprets it to be the organized militias of the old colonies, or at least the current National Guard. Instead let us consider it the collective term for the various state defense forces. They're much like the Guard except in that they do not fall under federal authority in any way. To own a firearm legally, one would to buy and register it. To register as a gun owner, one would need to enlist in their state's defense force. What this would mean in practice is that those people carrying a concealed firearm around you in public would be required to attend regular safety and marksmanship instruction from professionals. The pasty white guy packing the Glock in his jacket pocket would pose less of a danger to you and other bystanders when he decided to play big badass hero.

dear, not just Any militia (of the People) is enumerated, but well regulated militias of the People are specifically enumerated.

"the right of the People", not just the right of the people in well regulated militia. Repeating your lie does not make it true.
dear, simply appealing to ignorance of what the militia of the United States is, is just, so special.

dear, simply appealing to ignorance of what the militia of the United States is, is just, so special.

And reverting to such a statement because you can't win on the facts and your lies are being exposed is just so juvenile. You may go, you don't even have the redeeming quality of being clever.

A perfect summation of your position.

And reverting to such a statement because you can't win on the facts and your lies are being exposed is just so juvenile. You may go, you don't even have the redeeming quality of being clever.
dear, only those of your point of view appeal to ignorance of 10USC311.

A perfect summation of your position.
i resort to the fewest fallacies to prove it, not just talk about it.

You can't get blood from a turnip.

from where? posse comitatus is common law; not, the militia of a State or the Union.

Why should any rational person care what a pussy communist thinks?
still nothing but fallacy? having a Good argument require too much bravery.

You still have not posted anything to back your claims. The federalist papers say you are wrong, the fact that men were armed during the period before, during and after the creation of the Constitution/BOR proves you wrong.

from where? posse comitatus is common law; not, the militia of a State or the Union.

You still have not posted anything to back your claims. The federalist papers say you are wrong, the fact that men were armed during the period before, during and after the creation of the Constitution/BOR proves you wrong.
dear, i don't need to cite anything other than the first clause of our Second Article of Amendment. it really is that simple.

dear, i don't need to cite anything other than the first clause of our Second Article of Amendment. it really is that simple.

Obviously you don't understand the second amendment at all, especially considering that all free men were armed at the time the second amendment was written. Isn't that right?

History and facts prove your sorry pathetic old stinking mentally retarded arse wrong!

Obviously you don't understand the second amendment at all, especially considering that all free men were armed at the time the second amendment was written. Isn't that right?
no dear; hearsay and soothsay is not admissible as evidence; there is no appeal to ignorance of the first clause of our Second Article of Amendment.

Forum List

Back