Would you fly in a battery operated airplane?

Would you fly in a battery powered jet/plane?

• Been there, done that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Battery operated cars, battery operated SUV's, battery operated trucks...........

Now they are working on battery operated big rigs and motorcycles.

Would you fly in an airplane that is powered by batteries???

1200px-Boeing_787_N1015B_ANA_Airlines_%2827611880663%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Battery operated cars, battery operated SUV's, battery operated trucks...........

So here you are at 30,000 ft or around 5 miles up. Your flying along at 250 mph since that is all the speed you can get out of your props. It is real cold up that high, so you turn on the heater....It starts to rain, you turn on your wipers....your 250 mile range, just went to 150 and you already went 149 miles...I wont buy an all electric vehicle for the same reason....long time to charge and if you dont have a charging station near by, walking is your last resort.

So here you are at 30,000 ft or around 5 miles up. Your flying along at 250 mph since that is all the speed you can get out of your props. It is real cold up that high, so you turn on the heater....It starts to rain, you turn on your wipers....your 250 mile range, just went to 150 and you already went 149 miles...I wont buy an all electric vehicle for the same reason....long time to charge and if you dont have a charging station near by, walking is your last resort.
And a short circuit cuts all your electric power at the Mile High Club. WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I support John Kerry and every fucking assklown libturd here flying only electric during severe thunderstorms.

I'm sure John Denver would approve of experimental aircraft too.

We have an AirplaneMechanic as a member. I bet he knows slightly more than we do....lolol

And a short circuit cuts all your electric power at the Mile High Club. WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I support John Kerry and every fucking assklown libturd here flying only electric during severe thunderstorms.

We have an AirplaneMechanic as a member. I bet he knows slightly more than we do....lolol
That sounds as bad as a stopped fuel line. Do you think that with all the computer controlled instrumentation and redundant systems in today's airplanes, one scenario is more likely than the other?

Electric big rigs are already on the road, and you can by an electric motorcycle now.

Yeah, I would fly in an electric plane. I'm not going up in the experimental models, but then I wouldn't do that with a plane under any power.

If a short circuit will bring down an electric plane, it will bring down a normal plane.

This idea that the electric planes are designed by idiots is ridiculous. They will have heat on the plane, or the people will freeze too. The limitations for range will be much less, since there will be a much bigger battery bank.

Electric big rigs are already on the road, and you can by an electric motorcycle now.

Yeah, I would fly in an electric plane. I'm not going up in the experimental models, but then I wouldn't do that with a plane under any power.

Electric big rigs? Ever seen one? No? I didn't think so.

If a short circuit will bring down an electric plane, it will bring down a normal plane.

This idea that the electric planes are designed by idiots is ridiculous. They will have heat on the plane, or the people will freeze too. The limitations for range will be much less, since there will be a much bigger battery bank.

Batteries are heavy. That won't fly!

I was just busting aggots...lol.........I won't ever have to worry about flying electric

That sounds as bad as a stopped fuel line. Do you think that with all the computer controlled instrumentation and redundant systems in today's airplanes, one scenario is more likely than the other?
Oh for fuck sake.......relax........lolol

I can't imagine a plane going what, 350 mph on The Energizer Bunny?

I've been eagerly awaiting the battery powered paramotor harness....Seem they just can't get that thing off the ground -so to speak- at a viable commercial price.

Passenger airliner?....Fuggettaboutit.
Seems like the libturds really like and are VERY familiar with battery operated devices.

All kinds of battery operarted stuff. Made in China probably

The battery pack on a Tesla S car weighs almost 1300 lbs.
I can't imagine how many tons a passenger airplane battery would weigh.
Fully loaded with crew, passengers, and luggage, it would never get off the ground. ... :cool:

Batteries are heavy. That won't fly!

Fuel is heavy too. Batteries are getting smaller. Yes, it will fly.

Saw a NOVA show on this. If I remember correctly, thousands have done so on a commuter and sightseeing basis

I don't like getting into planes now, I am not going to get on an electric one. At least not until the technology is perfected. In general, I avoid planes. I have a phobia with not having control of a situation, especially thousands of meters in the air.

In the end, it's just another source of power, it's not as if the plane itself is going to use computer technology from the 1950s. So I don't see the issue, again, once the technology is tried, tested and true.

Like most new technology that becomes adopted, it will probably carry a failsafe power source system. An electric/fuel hybrid or what have you. Wouldn't be a bad idea to always have a secondary power source truth be told in the rare case of an emergency.

Forum List

Back