Would You Take Your Baby To A Fancy Restaurant?

Yeah.................................no.

I'm not going to enjoy paying a couple hundred dollars for a meal in an elegant place that has worked hard to provide ambience, only to have it shattered by someone's baby. I think most mature adults realize this.

I am a bit defensive of the parents. I have been in such a situation where we arrived in a smaller town in OR. We arrived after the dinner hour with no other options than the restaurant attached to the hotel. Our daughter was not disruptive, and we asked for something as simple as a slice of toast. Our meal came -- no toast. I took it as a snub and left no tip. There are occasions that things happen. With the info in the story to go on--I think the complaining party is a Karen.

When I was a kid the parent would take the kid outside and calm it down before returning to the table.
It's just not right to disturb others with a crying kid. Especially in a nice restaurant where dropping a couple hundred bucks isnt uncommon.

Or maybe the other patrons could quit being a bunch of whining Karens and have some compassion for parents who might just be in a difficult situation that is beyond their making. You, April, of all people, I would expect to understand with the problems you have cited about your life and having to cope.

They wouldnt be going to an expensive restaurant if they had issues beyond their control.
If they couldnt get a babysitter wait for that nice dinner out until they could.

We never did with ours. People paying hundreds of dollars to enjoy a nice evening shouldn't have to listen to a screaming baby or kid.
I doubt seriously, that this involved a restaurant where they were paying hundreds of dollars. The story said "a very nice, fancy restaurant" All of that is subjective. IDK and really don't care--I still contend that the complaining patron was a Karen. She got her request and was moved. To carry it on to the point of posting on reddit, screeches of a Karen.

I doubt seriously, that this involved a restaurant where they were paying hundreds of dollars. The story said "a very nice, fancy restaurant" All of that is subjective. IDK and really don't care--I still contend that the complaining patron was a Karen. She got her request and was moved. To carry it on to the point of posting on reddit, screeches of a Karen.

"very nice, fancy restaurant" screams high dollar restaurant.
In other words not Applebees or Red Lobster.

Tell whining patrons who were moved to go take a flying leap? That's what I usually do when confronted by self absorbed assholes that think their little insignificant problems are worthy of lengthy posts complete with photos, on social media.

My children were very well behaved and had good table manners, but kids don't belong in fine dining restaurants. There's time for that when they are older. Pitch a fit, Dad... that's what your children will learn.

Absolutely. But My baby would look like this:

5b856352200000420034b5d9.jpeg

When I was a kid the parent would take the kid outside and calm it down before returning to the table.
It's just not right to disturb others with a crying kid. Especially in a nice restaurant where dropping a couple hundred bucks isnt uncommon.

I don't do fancy.

When I was a kidlin and started showin my ass in public, my mom brought me outside to kick my ass.

Last edited:
I sure wouldn't.

Depending on the restrooms it may be a good place to MAKE a baby ?

Forum List

Back