WOW: 93 Yr Old White Woman Still At Her Job Riveting Steel At Boeing 70 Years Later

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
She's what you would call the last of the 'Rosie the Riveters'. They were the brigade of women who went to work building bombers, fighters, tanks and other manufacturing goods in factories across America during WW2 when the men were off fighting. She started out at 65 cents an hour in 1942 and 70 years later she is pulling in $40.00 an hour every day at Boeing after getting up at 5a.m.. What an inspiration and she make me feel proud of my race. Just proves her generation's work ethic was and is far superior to today's generation. Watch the video and don't forget to read the comments. By the way, she was a very beautiful woman in her prime. Check her out.

A Rosie the Riveter original, still on the job at 93 - The Daily Nightly

• Banned
Did they find her in an abandoned factory still riveting WW2 plane wings? Sounds like the plot to a Stephen King novel.

Obviously you didn't watch the video. She is on the assembly line putting together C-17's.

c-17_33125_out_hang.jpg

Good on her. But I am sure some people out there would think that $40 an hour is way too much for the kind of work she does.

She's what you would call the last of the 'Rosie the Riveters'. They were the brigade of women who went to work building bombers, fighters, tanks and other manufacturing goods in factories across America during WW2 when the men were off fighting. She started out at 65 cents an hour in 1942 and 70 years later she is pulling in $40.00 an hour every day at Boeing after getting up at 5a.m.. What an inspiration and she make me feel proud of my race. Just proves her generation's work ethic was and is far superior to today's generation. Watch the video and don't forget to read the comments. By the way, she was a very beautiful woman in her prime. Check her out.

A Rosie the Riveter original, still on the job at 93 - The Daily Nightly

Makes you feel proud of your race, which is that, The Indy 500?

My great uncle worked at Wilson's Foods in OKC for 45 years after he got out of the Army after WWII, then he died.

Good on her. But I am sure some people out there would think that $40 an hour is way too much for the kind of work she does.

$40 per hour is perfect for what she does.
That is what the job pays so that is what she should earn. :eusa_whistle:

I would consider that a skill position,working on a machine that flies around.
I know some would consider flipping burgers a skill position as well and would demand they be paid
the same.But I think it's different on a few levels.

I would consider that a skill position,working on a machine that flies around.
I know some would consider flipping burgers a skill position as well and would demand they be paid
the same.But I think it's different on a few levels.

either way it's a job.

$40 per hour is perfect for what she does.
That is what the job pays so that is what she should earn. :eusa_whistle:

I earn $18 an hour at Macca's and many here think I don't deserve that. I was wanting to see if the same could be said for her...

Forum List

Back