Wow, General Keith Kellogg said at the RNC that America is in talks with the Taliban to end war in Afghanistan

peace is a good thing!

That Trump peace deal didn't work so well so he makes a political move. This I have to see to believe.

After Kellogg spoke, MSNBC went into fact check mode with Obama foreign policy adviser Ben Rhodes. Rhodes was skeptical just like you

i watched the segment while eating Kellog's!

EgY4jm_XgAA59rG

If it wasn't for Israel I'd say leave the ME and let the Neanderthals do what they've done for centuries.

"Evolution" hasn't been kind to them

we need classic old-school diplomacy, which means it's frustrating and involves a lot of jet lag

there is with the Taliban a dialogue in the hopes of future dialogue, which is easier to mock than achieve

diplomacy is like Thanksgiving dinner with your most difficult relatives...except that it lasts a lifetime and takes place in the world's most dangerous places

here's another facet of being a diplomat: they work in places the Marines work, yet they don't get welcomed home with ticker-tape parades. instead they get derided as deep state "Faceless bureaucrats"

Thomas Countryman, former State Dept. official pushed out by Trump, would have secured peace

and yes, that is his real name. ironic, i know

we need classic old-school diplomacy, which means it's frustrating and involves a lot of jet lag

there is with the Taliban a dialogue in the hopes of future dialogue, which is easier to mock than achieve
The Taliban is not at peace with the Afghans. Quite the opposite. Ben Rhodes knows more than you nor I.

"the Trump administration is a joke. any other administration, there would be people who were knowledgeable about foreign affairs. they showed little interest in key issues like nuclear proliferation. what they did show was a deep distrust for professional public servants. they hadn't come to work, they'd come to dismantle the State Department...they want to dump everyone they can dump, including me" - John Bolton

"the Trump administration is a joke. any other administration, there would be people who were knowledgeable about foreign affairs. they showed little interest in key issues like nuclear proliferation. what they did show was a deep distrust for professional public servants. they hadn't come to work, they'd come to dismantle the State Department...they want to dump everyone they can dump, including me" - John Bolton

We haven't had people knowledgeable in what is going on in the middle east for a very long time and that includes John Bolton.

Republicans are still mad that B Obama's middle name is "Hussein" but don't care that Trump is negotiating with the Taliban

Forum List

Back